• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd Cushenberry

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most improved player on our team this year. Most people ragged on this guy the last 3 years and now nobody is giving him credit for what he has done.

Do your realize in the last two games vs Chris Jones and Kenny Clark (two of the best DT's in the game) Cush has taken 60 snaps against the two and allowed 0 QB sacks and 0 QB pressures against them? I'm not sure what his numbers were earlier in the year but he hasn't been a liability like he had been the last 3 years. It is a contract year for the guy but he has always had a strong work ethic and dedication to the game. Things are coming together for this guy and only fitting he gets some props after being ragged on the last 3 years.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is also having a pretty good year. Despite McGlinchey’s struggles the line is much improved over last year that’s for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is also having a pretty good year. Despite McGlinchey’s struggles the line is much improved over last year that’s for sure.

Yup. I was going to mention Bolles as well. The penalties are way down... He has always played pretty well minus the penalties... Little up and down at times when you combine the penalties but has played more this year like he did in Year 4.

We can't sign a RT to save our life. The one good thing about McGlinchey that all our other dud RT's could not do is.... He has stayed healthy.

I think the better question on Bolles is not will he get traded but will we be extending him this offseason? He is tired of losing though. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2011 New Orleans Saints' offense was one of the best ever .. They set statistical records for offensive yards from scrimmage ( 7,474 ) and passing yards ( 5,476 ) ...

Interestingly, that team had no pro bowlers or all-pros at the WR or RB position ..

Bowl and ALL Pro selections were Drew Brees, TE Jimmy Graham, G Carl Nicks and G Jahri Evans, with T Jermon Bushrod getting a Pro Bowl nod ...

The first reaction when talking about high powered offenses might be: "finesse" .. But that was not the case, and in my view, is not the case on a Sean Payton team ...

Three OL and a TE as pro bowlers along with Brees tells a lot as to what goes into a successful Sean Payton offense ..

The Saints also set team records that year that included:

Team​

• Most yards gained, season, 7,474
  • Most yards gained, passing, season, 5,347 ( adjusted for sacks, losses, etc )
  • Most passes completed, season, 472
  • Highest completion percentage, season, 71.3
  • Most first downs, season, 416
  • Most first downs, passing, season, 280
  • Most points at home, season, 329
  • Most points per home game, season, 41.1
  • Most points, single team, game, since AFL–NFL merger, 62

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This power scheme is a better fit for Cushenberry and not having Risner next to him has helped as well. McGlitchey has been just flat bad in pass protection, but is a decent run blocker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would help a lot if we weren't playing from behind in most games this year.

Haven't really gotten a steady dosage of the run game which was the speciality we signed McGlinchey and Powers for. Powers has played well all around after a shaky PS.

Meinerz and Bolles have been lights out.

Our OL is actually pretty overeall good this year.

I hate blaming people but I would blame many sacks this year on Russ not getting rid of the ball when needed. I am going to guess if you look at a stat on how long a QB holds onto the ball, Russ would be one of the top in the NFL. Russ has played way better but the two things that bother me the most about him is holding onto the ball and fumbling at crucial situations with the game on the line.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would help a lot if we weren't playing from behind in most games this year.

Haven't really gotten a steady dosage of the run game which was the speciality we signed McGlinchey and Powers for. Powers has played well all around after a shaky PS.

Meinerz and Bolles have been lights out.

Our OL is actually pretty overeall good this year.

I hate blaming people but I would blame many sacks this year on Russ not getting rid of the ball when needed. I am going to guess if you look at a stat on how long a QB holds onto the ball, Russ would be one of the top in the NFL. Russ has played way better but the two things that bother me the most about him is holding onto the ball and fumbling at crucial situations with the game on the line.
Cushingberry has gotten better, but he is certainly helped by having Mienerz and Powers next to him.

Russ Wilson will not throw up a 50/50 ball - which hurts Sutton's game and will not throw a ball to a spot Jeudy is supposed to be at - he has to see him open first. Therefore, the passing game is only half of what it should be.

The run game is working great - I would throw the ball more to Williams and McLoughlin only Perine seems to be a part of the passing game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cushingberry has gotten better, but he is certainly helped by having Mienerz and Powers next to him.

Russ Wilson will not throw up a 50/50 ball - which hurts Sutton's game and will not throw a ball to a spot Jeudy is supposed to be at - he has to see him open first. Therefore, the passing game is only half of what it should be.

The run game is working great - I would throw the ball more to Williams and McLoughlin only Perine seems to be a part of the passing game.

Good players around each other make each other better. That is how sports works. :)