• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Listened to Luck Today

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found his comments interesting....

He gave his general percpetion of the state of the program. He came across in that he beleived it was heading in the right direction...he focused his comments on depth and the lack there of...

One amazing stat...Wv won the Orange Bowl with 61 scholarship players...that is 6 scholarships less than what Penn State has had to endure...kind of speaks to the awesome job Dana did with that team...

Luck said this season will mark the first time in years that the team will be able to hold intra squad games...he said the key to success going forward is DEPTH!...they need to create competition for positions..he thinks they are close if not already there...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been apparent for years, we brought this up when it was happening. You cannot recruit those kind of numbers in this day and age of football. I will give BS credit he brought some great players here, but his issue was the numbers. We are finally going to be able to develop players in the system for multiple years.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been apparent for years, we brought this up when it was happening. You cannot recruit those kind of numbers in this day and age of football. I will give BS credit he brought some great players here, but his issue was the numbers. We are finally going to be able to develop players in the system for multiple years.

Well if you think about that number 61...all the injuries and nicks you get during the year...and then still have enough to win 10 games and manhandle Clemson...pretty friggin good I say......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to WVU's move to the Big 12, Dana mentioned the number of players he used thru the BE season and compared it to the number of players used thru the Big 12.

Dana kept pushing the message, the Big 12 is a different animal.

I was truly skeptical until I watched WVU play its first ever Big 12 game against Baylor. Then I said… Uh oh.

Hard to believe this is the first spring practice Dana will be able to fully scrimmage the team. Now I understand why he didn't want to have the defense go full out in practice. While it made Casteel and others pissed… Dana wanted to prevent injury.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Stewart cheated even a little and been caught we would have looked more like early 1990's SMU than Penn State.:lol: