• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get hosed by MNF.....

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF..no respect for the Lions. that's ok. all the networks will be coming to Detroit to kiss up to the Lions this year. even with out any good DBs..Stafford will lead them to the play offs AGAIN!

how did they get hosed you ask?????

Lions did a pre game tribute to William Clay Ford. MNF barely even mentioned it. showed about 2 seconds of it.

you kidding me???? The man helped make the NFL what it is today.
He poured millioms and millions into TV ADs...when not many people would in the early days.
When the NFL was begging team to play on thanksgiving day to help promote the league in the 50s...He stepped up and made it a tradition in Detroit. So people could eat turkey and watch some football.
So MNF gave him 3 seconds. to bad he never got to see his lions win it all.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF..no respect for the Lions. that's ok. all the networks will be coming to Detroit to kiss up to the Lions this year. even with out any good DBs..Stafford will lead them to the play offs AGAIN!

how did they get hosed you ask?????

Lions did a pre game tribute to William Clay Ford. MNF barely even mentioned it. showed about 2 seconds of it.

you kidding me???? The man helped make the NFL what it is today.
He poured millioms and millions into TV ADs...when not many people would in the early days.
When the NFL was begging team to play on thanksgiving day to help promote the league in the 50s...He stepped up and made it a tradition in Detroit. So people could eat turkey and watch some football.
So MNF gave him 3 seconds. to bad he never got to see his lions win it all.

ha, that sucks. When Dallas is playing I'm convinced they have multiple cameras on Jerry's suite the entire time. So we can get shots of pizza eating, glasses cleaning, and Arod being a douche

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford did look good didn't he? lost some weight. new coach. a real coach. Golden Tate will help a ton this year. Still no running game.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas later agree to play on thanksgiving. still most teams didn't want it.
Cowboys made it a tradition in Texas. Then cry babys like Hunt of the Chiefs started whinning..They want to play .

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, that sucks. When Dallas is playing I'm convinced they have multiple cameras on Jerry's suite the entire time. So we can get shots of pizza eating, glasses cleaning, and Arod being a douche

And Jerroh picking his nose on the jumbotron. Ford is well known for what his grandfather started and there are millions of vehicles on the road with his name on it

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen the Lions do this before. They win a few games and look like they have a lot of momentum going into the second half of the season, and then they fall apart.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ESPN, it what they do. I was at the Cardinals MNF game when they inducted Kurt Warner Arizona Cardinals' Ring of Honor at halftime. I heard that they didn't even show any of it or barely even mentioned it while spending most of the halftime talking about Ray Rice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will lead them to the play offs AGAIN!

Yeah he's been a veritable fixture in the playoffs hasn't he? What with his one winning record and one playoff game in which he got curb stomped.

The Lions may be a good team this year but you guys really need to pump the breaks a little.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I look at the talent on the Lions and think "this has to be the year" but it never is.

This has to be the year though, right?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN never shows that stuff, too busy showing some talking head at halftime making a dumb remark.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions looked better than expected and they may be improved but playing against a sleepy NY I don't know as you read much into it yet. Last year I remember them saying that the Lions looked good enough but lacked discipline.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen the Lions do this before. They win a few games and look like they have a lot of momentum going into the second half of the season, and then they fall apart.

:agree: Hopefully a new coaching staff can help that unfortunate trend.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. we have a REAL coach. PLUS the team is motivated against Carolina.

Can Newton 5x refered to SUH as donky kong SUH. If a white player said that..wouldn't there be out rage??????? how does Newton get away with that slur???

iam sure he will be eager to hut him so hard in those sore rubs. Newton aint to smart is he?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will have to throw at least 50 times a game AGAIN.
not much of a running game in game 1. don't really see that getting to much better.

Plus with the DBs hurt. we only had 2 worth a dam to begin with. teams will score fast. The Offense will get the ball back a lot. So the Lions live or die with staffords arm AGAIN. looks like a good pick up on Tate..he has been golden..(pun intended)