• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LIGHTNING (34-17-6) at SHARKS (29-20-8) - 02.15.15 - 5PM

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV: SUN, CSN-CA

Season series: Joe Thornton and Tyler Kennedy scored in the second period, and goalie Antti Niemi made 32 saves to give the San Jose Sharks a 2-1 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena on Nov. 13, 2014. Lightning goalie Ben Bishop made 37 saves and Steven Stamkos scored.

Lightning team scope: Tampa Bay starts an eight-day, five-game West Coast road trip Sunday. The first three games are against the Sharks, Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks, each fighting for a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the Western Conference, before a weekend back-to-back against the Arizona Coyotes and Colorado Avalanche. "We know the situation we're in with the teams we're going to be playing on this trip,” Stamkos told the Tampa Bay Times on Friday. “Hopefully, we can regroup and start the game on time, because the buildings we're going into on this trip are exceptionally hard to win in.” Tampa Bay has lost two consecutive games and is 2-2-2 in its past six. The Lightning reassigned forward Vladislav Namestnikov to Syracuse of the American Hockey League on Friday. Namestnikov, 22, has three goals and seven points in 26 games with Tampa Bay.

Sharks team scope: Todd McLellan became the second fastest coach to reach 300 career NHL wins after a 4-2 victory against the Coyotes on Friday. "The important number for us [last night] was 29, that's the win column,” said McLellan, via the Sharks Twitter account. The win ended a three-game losing streak (0-2-1) for San Jose. Joe Pavelski scored his fourth NHL hat trick Friday and has six goals and nine points in his past seven games. "There's not many nights that Pav doesn't bring that emotion and that drive to the game," McLellan told the Mercury News. "There's nights where he's tired or it doesn't go his way. But he and a couple others are poster childs for preparation and professionalism." Pavelski is on pace for 44 goals, which would eclipse his career high of 41 set last season. Thornton assisted on each of Pavelski’s goals and has eight assists in his past seven games. The Sharks are 9-1-1 in their past 11 games against the Lightning.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since it seems like the Sharks can only beat the good teams....I'll pick them....3-2 final.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have heard wrong but I think I just heard the broadcast staff say the Sharks' bench was producing too much which is one of the stupidest Shark broadcast phrases since "puck luck".

Drew would tell it like it is. The guys with letters on the front of their sweaters need to produce more.

Weird how the Sharks' sense of denial extends all the way from the ice to the broadcast booth.

It's like North Korean propaganda.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job there in giving up a goal just before the end of the period, trademark Sharks. Hopefully, no playoffs this year so that we don't have to see this garbage again in the postseason. Damned, tired organization run by incompetence. Good to see more games not sold out.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they are playing pretty good. A lot opportunities.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couture brings his A game. He tries. Sometimes that's all I ask.

Then immediately Marleau pitches the puck out of play giving the Ning a power play.

Jamie Baker probably thinks there's nothing Marleau could've done about that either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official: According to Jamie Baker, no puck that gets past Niemi is ever his fault.
I nominate Korky as the Sharks 2016 color commentator.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker finally admitted goal 4 was Niemi's fault. Might as well not buy a ticket for the rest of the year because they seem to shit up the tank every night now.

P.S. Niemi just doesn't make enough saves anymore.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst games I've seen this season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's official: According to Jamie Baker, no puck that gets past Niemi is ever his fault.
I nominate Korky as the Sharks 2016 color commentator.

i think my extensive use of 4 letter words would disqualify me lol

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop crying this is the first game the Bolts have won in SJ since 2003.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

My ignore list just grew by one.