• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell Blocked 5-Year deal with Steelers

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell would look good in a NE uniform. That may solidfy TB12 playing another 5 years.

that he would. I'd like it but it's not happening

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Bell could block?????

EllipticalFalseFreshwatereel.gif

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to compare those positions. A franchise runningback is peanuts compared to a franchise QB. Runningbacks grow on trees for the most part, the shelf life is < 7-8 years, and Pittsburgh's O-Line is top 5 in the NFL. Even Seattle's O-Line with Lynch was top 15 or so when Okung/Unger were healthy and Carpenter/Giac were more run oriented than pass.

Cousins is also not 1 league violation away from a 16 game suspension.

Some don't believe Cuz to be a franchise type QB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not franchise or not Elite? There is a difference.
Neither. He's mediocre in my book and needs a lot of help to succeed. Gruden is a better strategist than people think offensively- and the WR's have been top notch the last couple years with a competent OL to boot. He still has a solid cast, but I do wonder how he does with Garçon and Jackson gone. I definitely not am of the belief he is as good as his stats. This has a Dalton-esque regression coming at the end, imo.

The Redskins are the New Bengals minus a defense.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. He's mediocre in my book and needs a lot of help to succeed. Gruden is a better strategist than people think offensively- and the WR's have been top notch the last couple years with a competent OL to boot. He still has a solid cast, but I do wonder how he does with Garçon and Jackson gone. I definitely not am of the belief he is as good as his stats. This has a Dalton-esque regression coming at the end, imo.

Watching him play I'll disagree with you. As a Cowboys fan I'm hoping your right, but he plays well enough to sucker the Skins in a LTD for 100M+.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cuz is better than Dalton, but your point is interesting and I could be wrong. I'm hopeful the defense is significantly improved, but truth be told. I don't think they can be much worse than last year so up is pretty much the only way to go.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching him play I'll disagree with you. As a Cowboys fan I'm hoping your right, but he plays well enough to sucker the Skins in a LTD for 100M+.

Sure seems like he'll be a 49er next year. Tough loss for the Skins, but the contract puts them in a double bind since they waited so long. Like a window with no insulation- that'd be Kirk Cousins in a nutshell I think.

I think Cuz is better than Dalton, but your point is interesting and I could be wrong. I'm hopeful the defense is significantly improved, but truth be told. I don't think they can be much worse than last year so up is pretty much the only way to go.

I definitely believe Cousins is better than Dalton, what I am trying to get across more is that they are both force multipliers at the QB position. They can put up good numbers, yes, true. But, that is strictly contingent on the team around them in my opinion. For instance I think Dalton is going to be pretty bad this year with question marks everywhere on offense outside of Green and a candidate for the league worst OL. As recently as 2015 though he had some very good numbers, statistically- kind of like Cousins now. How much is a guy like that worth? Tough question. I lean towards no, but I am not a GM or even a scout so :noidea:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell wants 15M....dude is clearly on drugs.

kinda like OBJ wanting to be the highest paid in the game.

stupid ass people should have to work in the real world

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell wants 15M....dude is clearly on drugs.

kinda like OBJ wanting to be the highest paid in the game.

stupid ass people should have to work in the real world
One of those deals where you pat the guy on the back, say "nice try, but no cigar" and stick to your guns. The Steelers are making the playoffs, maybe even the 2 seed, with or without Bell.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those deals where you pat the guy on the back, say "nice try, but no cigar" and stick to your guns. The Steelers are making the playoffs, maybe even the 2 seed, with or without Bell.
I haven't a clue at this time who the second seed will be.
way to much can happen to determine who's what in August

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't a clue at this time who the second seed will be.
way to much can happen to determine who's what in August
I guess I am cynical and pessimistic this year. Playing the NFC East, AFC West does not look favorable for a bye coming out of the West. After that I just don't see the Texans or Titans putting up a serious challenge to the Steelers for a bye barring injury.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like he'll be a 49er next year.

Something I definitely have mixed feelings about. I too, don't believe he's a franchise guy or elite guy. I think he was set up with an offense the past few years in which they had a few true speed guys clearing out a lot of the underneath stuff for the other quality pass catchers the Redskins have had. It perfectly explains why he (Washington) struggled in the red zone when you can't stretch the field.

However, I'll defer to Shanahan as he obviously knows a thing or two about QB's, so if he goes after KC, then I'll get on board for now.