• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's take 4 from the hated A's!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even feel bad for being happy about that. That guy is a huge thorn.

Not even a little bit. He's named after a sugary breakfast cereal for fuck's sake.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coco..... Good time to swoop in there and take some games from this annoying pain in the ass team. No Donaldson, no coco, no moss. I think it could / might go better for us than usual in Oakland.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coco..... Good time to swoop in there and take some games from this annoying pain in the ass team. No Donaldson, no coco, no moss. I think it could / might go better for us than usual in Oakland.

I really think people are overrating Oakland, and frankly being overly pessimistic towards the Rangers this year. I don't expect them to be legitimate contenders, but I still think they could easily wind up close to 81 wins. I also think the window could blow wide open for them next year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff predictions: Who's got who to win AL West and win it all? | Dallas Morning News

The win predictions range from 74 to 83. Over half think Fielder gets 33 or more HRs. Most expect Holland to lead the team in wins with a couple of them going with Gallardo. Most expect the Rangers to be sellers at deadline time.

I'm predicting somewhere around 77-82 so that's not far off from my thoughts. I expect 30 bombs from fielder, 25 from Beltre, 20 from Choo, 20-23 from Mitch, and 18 or so from Rua.

I couldn't care less about pitching wins. Why that stat is even discussed today is still baffling to me.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff predictions: Who's got who to win AL West and win it all? | Dallas Morning News

The win predictions range from 74 to 83. Over half think Fielder gets 33 or more HRs. Most expect Holland to lead the team in wins with a couple of them going with Gallardo. Most expect the Rangers to be sellers at deadline time.

Evan Grant gets a lot of shit, but truthfully I think he's close here. He turned into a much better writer once MY was traded. He was forced to own up to his man crush.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting somewhere around 77-82 so that's not far off from my thoughts. I expect 30 bombs from fielder, 25 from Beltre, 20 from Choo, 20-23 from Mitch, and 18 or so from Rua.

I couldn't care less about pitching wins. Why that stat is even discussed today is still baffling to me.

I expect Holland to have an ERA of 3.20. Gallardo--4.10. Colby--3.95. Martinez--4.30. Detwiler--4.60

I think Perez starts pitching for us about July 28th and finishes the year with an ERA of 4.20. Chi Chi probably comes up when we trade Gallardo about the same time Perez arrives.

I think Gallo arrives well before September. Mazara is here in August. I think Alfaro starts about half of our games in September.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Holland to have an ERA of 3.20. Gallardo--4.10. Colby--3.95. Martinez--4.30. Detwiler--4.60

I think Perez starts pitching for us about July 28th and finishes the year with an ERA of 4.20. Chi Chi probably comes up when we trade Gallardo about the same time Perez arrives.

I think Gallo arrives well before September. Mazara is here in August. I think Alfaro starts about half of our games in September.

Probably pretty close on the ERA's, though I could see Holland sporting an ERA closer to 3.00 and Detweiler closer to 4.00. I do see Gallardo on the trade block for sure unless they negotiate a new contract mid season.

Perez won't be starting every fifth day for us before late August at earliest, and I doubt he'll be turning in many quality starts when he does. I still say you're too optimistic about him.

The only way Gallo arrives and stays before September this year is if Beltre goes down for an extended period of time or is traded. I pray neither happens.

The only way Mazara shows up that early is if Choo is traded.

I think Alfaro gets a cup of coffee in September.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant gets a lot of shit, but truthfully I think he's close here. He turned into a much better writer once MY was traded. He was forced to own up to his man crush.
He had a crush on Wash as well and never gave that up. He was also wrong almost as often as the national writers when it came to Ranger rumors in the offseason.

He has had some convoluted thoughts about what it could mean for the Angels not to have to pay Hamilton for part of this year when that was a possibility. He thought that meant they could afford Hamels for the next several years simply because they wouldn't have to pay part of Josh's salary for this year.

I read his articles and many of them are good, but he has some strange thoughts at times. He does tend to stray into the homerish territory a little too often at times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably pretty close on the ERA's, though I could see Holland sporting an ERA closer to 3.00 and Detweiler closer to 4.00. I do see Gallardo on the trade block for sure unless they negotiate a new contract mid season.

Perez won't be starting every fifth day for us before late August at earliest, and I doubt he'll be turning in many quality starts when he does. I still say you're too optimistic about him.

The only way Gallo arrives and stays before September this year is if Beltre goes down for an extended period of time or is traded. I pray neither happens.

Yes, I could be high on Holland's ERA for sure. I am a very big Derek Holland fan so I think I tried to temper my enthusiasm about him when I predicted 3.20.

With Perez, Chi Chi and maybe Thompson arriving next year I really don't see why they would extend Gallardo.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be optimistic about Perez, but I am in good company as Dr. Meister seems to think he will be back about AS break time. We could very well both be wrong though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I could be high on Holland's ERA for sure. I am a very big Derek Holland fan so I think I tried to temper my enthusiasm about him when I predicted 3.20.

With Perez, Chi Chi and maybe Thompson arriving next year I really don't see why they would extend Gallardo.

Nor I. Especially if Lewis shows he can still be a contributor this year. I can understand them wanting a veteran presence around all those young guys, but if it's a toss up if rather the keep Colby.

Like I said, I could easily see the window opening wide next year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be optimistic about Perez, but I am in good company as Dr. Meister seems to think he will be back about AS break time. We could very well both be wrong though.

Maybe I'm tempering my expectations too much.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably August for Perez, but its anyones guess. Hopefully there are no setbacks and he is back on the mound when his arm is good

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm tempering my expectations too much.
After what we have went through with Feliz and Harrison the last couple of years that would be understandable.