• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Kill the "All We Need is a Game Manger" Fallacy Right Now

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been hearing about it all year. Everything is cyclical at one point the RB was most important in the NFL then the QB and now it's all about the pass rush. Here is something you may not know. The Cardials are in 3rd place in sacks in the league just below Denver and Minnesota - but guess what? They have a losing record.

The Chargers have the 3rd best QB Rating but are 1-4.

Nevertheless with people seeing players like Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, and Trevor Simien leading their teams with the best records in the NFL - they think the QB role isn't that important and all teams need is a game manager. It's not that easy!! There isn't just one recipe for success.

The Broncos just got dismantled yesterday and the majority of it was because their QB sucked.

At what point will people finally say those guys are good?

Wake up. The QB is still important but they still need a team to succeed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you crafted this post to make it appear you aren't talking solely about Sam Bradford. Kudos.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just... but the game manager!!! I mean, it... you just don't need the QB if the defense, I mean if it... it just, I really can't explain it but if you have the... I mean you just need the right...

:gaah::gaah::gaah::flame:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a game manger different than a run-of-the-mill, Jesus-birthing manger?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been hearing about it all year. Everything is cyclical at one point the RB was most important in the NFL then the QB and now it's all about the pass rush. Here is something you may not know. The Cardials are in 3rd place in sacks in the league just below Denver and Minnesota - but guess what? They have a losing record.

Nevertheless with people seeing players like Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, and Trevor Simien leading their teams with the best records in the NFL - they think the QB role isn't that important and all teams need is a game manager. It's not that easy!! There isn't just one recipe for success.

The Broncos just got dismantled yesterday and the majority of it was because their QB sucked.

Another nothing thread. Who is they?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's working for the Patriots :)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos held the highest rated Offense in the NFL to 23 points, completely shut down Julio Jones, and held Matt Ryan to his lowest statistical day of the year, not to mention that was with no help from the Offense so the Falcons should have scored more. But sure lets call it a dismantling

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is cyclical at one point the RB was most important in the NFL then the QB and now it's all about the pass rush.

The QB has always been the most important position in football since there's been anything remotely close to a passing game. It's just that now, with the salary cap, free agency, and all the rules slanted in favour of the QB, the pivot position plays far more into wins/losses than at any time in NFL history.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos held the highest rated Offense in the NFL to 23 points, completely shut down Julio Jones, and held Matt Ryan to his lowest statistical day of the year, not to mention that was with no help from the Offense so the Falcons should have scored more. But sure lets call it a dismantling
The Broncos had the absolute worst 3rd down conversion rate in over 10 games with a putrid 4/16. They were held to under 90 yards in rushing, which hasn't happened in a long time. Only scored 1 TD which came near the end of the game ND meant nothing. They also had one of the lowest TOP. They weren't able to get to the QB like normal and they couldn't do anything to stop Atlanta's RBs. Pretty much everything Denver has been good at doing was dismantled on Sunday.

Don't be so sensitive. I understand the truth hurts but it's still the truth.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB has always been the most important position in football since there's been anything remotely close to a passing game. It's just that now, with the salary cap, free agency, and all the rules slanted in favour of the QB, the pivot position plays far more into wins/losses than at any time in NFL history.
Except when the Seahawks won a bowl then it was having tall and physical D-backs. Then of course after the Broncos won the QB didn't matter cause Peyton sucked and it was the pass rush that won the super bowl.

I know my message wasn't concise but what I was trying to say was there is no 1 recipe for success. But it's a copycat league so I think teams and prognosticators lose site of that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos had the absolute worst 3rd down conversion rate in over 10 games with a putrid 4/16. They were held to under 90 yards in rushing, which hasn't happened in a long time. Only scored 1 TD which came near the end of the game ND meant nothing. They also had one of the lowest TOP. They weren't able to get to the QB like normal and they couldn't do anything to stop Atlanta's RBs. Pretty much everything Denver has been good at doing was dismantled on Sunday.

Don't be so sensitive. I understand the truth hurts but it's still the truth.

You just said it and yet you're so blind you can't see how wrong you are. You're right the Broncos didn't score a touchdown till the fourth quarter and yet they only lost to the highest scoring offense in the NFL by 7 points, that's not a dismantling.

In fact I'm surprised people aren't criticizing the Falcons more for playing so poorly given that Denver basically had no offense and yet Atlanta could only manage to score 2TD's when the previous 3 weeks they scored over 120 points combined.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said it and yet you're so blind you can't see how wrong you are. You're right the Broncos didn't score a touchdown till the fourth quarter and yet they only lost to the highest scoring offense in the NFL by 7 points, that's not a dismantling.

In fact I'm surprised people aren't criticizing the Falcons more for playing so poorly given that Denver basically had no offense and yet Atlanta could only manage to score 2TD's when the previous 3 weeks they scored over 120 points combined.

The Broncos game plan was dismantled.

They couldn't do anything they wanted to do offensively.

You wanna blame the Falcons for not doing much against one of the best defenses in the league?? By all means have fun with that but understand you will pretty much alone.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's working for the Patriots :)

Tell that to Brady he led the NFL in Td tosses and least amount of int last year, I just want him just handing the ball off. Seeing no one responded to your troll bait, I figured I would. Your AV shows your obsession

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one score game is not a dismantling.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...or, Atlanta had so much success using it's RBs that they didn't need to press the issue with Julio. New Orleans "shut down" Julio two weeks ago too. For all the praise heaped on the Denver defense, they have struggled to stop RBs. The Falcons had two prime candidates to expose that weakness.