• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let’s rank our rookies

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just sitting here, as I often do, when I had a sudden epiphany for a thread. These moments of clarity should not go unnoticed but also in the same token are not in any way an attempt to sway the powers to be to award me a much deserved POTM. That being said, let’s rank our rookies this year by both performance and value Overall. Browning is surging on my list.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us who may be memory challenged:
1. Surtain
2. Javonte
3. Meinerz
3. Browning
5. Sterns
5. Jamar Johnson
6. Seth Williams
7. Kary Vincent (traded to Eagles)
7. Jonathan Cooper

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what round they were taken, is it crazy to think that our first 5 picks may deserve an A grade?

But strictly for value I may nominate our final pick, Cooper, as the Top Value selection of the 2021 draft. It will be really interesting to see if these players that have contributed so much this year will be a foundation for the future.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the responses George

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about best and don't mention Kary Vincent you're blind.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-7 starters going into 2022
the first two are all rookie and future pro bowlers
Browning has has the goods to be a pro bowler

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Parsons has been great and looks like a star but Surtain is a star too. Id take the lock down CB over the MLB especially when we have good ILB's. No brainer in our situation.

This rookie class is good. Are you asking us to rank them in order of how good they are so far?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rookie class is good. Are you asking us to rank them in order of how good they are so far?
from what I can tell, he’s asking for a difficult task - not just some easy, yea they are all great.

I think OC is looking at value. Is Surtain in the first better than Javonte in the 2nd or Browning in the 3rd? What about Cooper in the 7th - what will his contribution be compared to being drafted in round 7?

Maybe he’s trying to get some discussion and maybe even some disagreements. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surtain
Browning
Cooper
Meinerz
Sterns

In order for the contributions to this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Surtain/Javonte Williams (both are good enough to be mentioned in rookie of the year)
Baron Browning
Jonathan Cooper
Caden Sterns**
Quinn Meinerz **
** About equal. Sterns has been more consistent and made some big picks for us. Meinerz has had some ups and down like any rookie OL but I see more good in him then anything and I think he is showing he can start for us and the attitude he brings to the team is something we need.
Andre Mintze (Don't forget he is a rookie too) Been hurt pretty much all year though but he has made the next biggest impact with our rookie class.
Barrington Wade (Filled a special teams role for us when we had ILB's out.. Made a tackle. Shows some promise as a depth guy.
Jamar Johnson (Because he did play in one game)
Seth Williams ( I think he is part of our future plans could see him developing a bit like Tim Patrick has with us/under us.
Drew Himmelman (Seems we like him, he was active but didn't play ina game this year so he sorta falls into the same boat as the rookies who haven't played.
Shaun Beyer- Seems like we like him we protect him most week as one of our 3/4 PS protections. I think we will see him in a game before the end of the season with Beck out. Maybe even this week.
Marquis Spencer- Hasn't been active never been real high on him to be honest.
Kary Vincent- Was never high on him but he did net us a 6th rd pick so while not on the roster now he can be mentioned. ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I can tell, he’s asking for a difficult task - not just some easy, yea they are all great.

I think OC is looking at value. Is Surtain in the first better than Javonte in the 2nd or Browning in the 3rd? What about Cooper in the 7th - what will his contribution be compared to being drafted in round 7?

Maybe he’s trying to get some discussion and maybe even some disagreements. :)
It’s almost as if you came up with this yourself! Bravo

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper- 7th round pick, the guy has phenomenal value
Javonte- might be the steal of the draft
Browning- looks every bit the part of the sideline to sideline guy we been looking for
Surtain- lock down ability, still think Parsons is a bigger difference maker. No pass rush= failed defense
Meinerz- really coming along, could be a serious road grader
Sterns- plays with an edge

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at it like dating -- there are women in which, immediately upon meeting, they are keepers and there's no need to look elsewhere ... You almost feel like they are out of your league and you've gotta be on your top game to even have a shot ....

Then there are the women who might work out, maybe, but it could be that they just wore something awkward or brought up the fact that they love romantic comedies and hate horror films - it's not the end of the world, but, you might consider keeping your eyes open ...

After that, there are the dead-enders ... Speaking from experience, I remember knowing it was over before it had begun when I held the door open for this girl as we walked into a restaurant, and she stopped dead in her tracks and said "I don't need you to do that for me" .. then continued to stand there and not move <------ that's the Paxton Lynch Syndrome ...

Meinerz, Surtain and Javonte get the double thumbs up .. I love when an offensive lineman can step right in and look as if they belong .. I think with Muti, Risner and Meinerz, we've got three keepers ... Surtain and Williams look they can play with the best ... All three - Meinerz, Surtain and Williams have been good enough to feel as if they've locked down their spots and there;s no need to upgrade at any point ..

I'll give Sterns and Browning a thumbs up ... They've both been good, at times impressive, but their contributions so far have not eliminated going after a big time LB or S in the draft in my eyes ... I feel the same about Cooper ..

On the side of potential, I like Seth Williams ... then again, I loved Gerell Robinson, Chris Cole and Juwann Winfree

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at it like dating -- there are women in which, immediately upon meeting, they are keepers and there's no need to look elsewhere ... You almost feel like they are out of your league and you've gotta be on your top game to even have a shot ....

Then there are the women who might work out, maybe, but it could be that they just wore something awkward or brought up the fact that they love romantic comedies and hate horror films - it's not the end of the world, but, you might consider keeping your eyes open ...

After that, there are the dead-enders ... Speaking from experience, I remember knowing it was over before it had begun when I held the door open for this girl as we walked into a restaurant, and she stopped dead in her tracks and said "I don't need you to do that for me" .. then continued to stand there and not move <------ that's the Paxton Lynch Syndrome ...

Meinerz, Surtain and Javonte get the double thumbs up .. I love when an offensive lineman can step right in and look as if they belong .. I think with Muti, Risner and Meinerz, we've got three keepers ... Surtain and Williams look they can play with the best ... All three - Meinerz, Surtain and Williams have been good enough to feel as if they've locked down their spots and there;s no need to upgrade at any point ..

I'll give Sterns and Browning a thumbs up ... They've both been good, at times impressive, but their contributions so far have not eliminated going after a big time LB or S in the draft in my eyes ... I feel the same about Cooper ..

On the side of potential, I like Seth Williams ... then again, I loved Gerell Robinson, Chris Cole and Juwann Winfree
These real life analogies is what make you an all- time great poster, keep them coming.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible task really. But out of all the drafts that I've been alive for, this might be the best - including our 1973 and 1983 drafts. I'd say right now we're looking at a 2001 Chargers draft class with 2 possible perennial All-pros. I'll wait before putting them up there with the 1974 Steelers though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible task really. But out of all the drafts that I've been alive for, this might be the best - including our 1973 and 1983 drafts. I'd say right now we're looking at a 2001 Chargers draft class with 2 possible perennial All-pros. I'll wait before putting them up there with the 1974 Steelers though.
2006 was pretty damn good