• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legion of boo boo's

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who never raised children, a boo boo is and injury. Usually a bump on the head or a road rash. Mom's and dads buy all kinds of terror for their children. The tricycle is inherently an unstable vehicle but little jonny trusts you until he does the face plant in the driveway.

His crying is not from the pain. Its because he just realized his parents might be out to get him.

So the secondary is a shambles. Elbow, wrist, shoulder, knee. What injuries do we not know about?
I am concerned about all the injuries going forward. How many are because of reckless play or injury prone players or just bad luck? And how many are from other teams trying to out tough the Hawks? The offensive line has been musical chairs all season.

Sports medicine is a science. I hope the seahawks hired the A students.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play 38 games in two seasons, guys are bound to get dinged up. It's the law of averages. Mildly surprised that we have had as few major injuries to key guys as we have had.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who never raised children, a boo boo is and injury. Usually a bump on the head or a road rash. Mom's and dads buy all kinds of terror for their children. The tricycle is inherently an unstable vehicle but little jonny trusts you until he does the face plant in the driveway.

His crying is not from the pain. Its because he just realized his parents might be out to get him.

So the secondary is a shambles. Elbow, wrist, shoulder, knee. What injuries do we not know about?
I am concerned about all the injuries going forward. How many are because of reckless play or injury prone players or just bad luck? And how many are from other teams trying to out tough the Hawks? The offensive line has been musical chairs all season.

Sports medicine is a science. I hope the seahawks hired the A students.

Well both Sherman and Thomas were hurt in the GB game and both were sort of freak injuries weren't they? I don't see them as being impacted by them long term.

Kam's was earlier. Can't remember what he did, but knees are always a concern. Even after repair it can leave that knee more prone to problems later.

Lane? Did you all see that picture of his arm on that play? Made me cringe and turn away. Arm's aren't supposed to bend 90 degrees at that point. Those are bad. He's going to be out a long time and have a long road to recovery. Long term impact? Not sure, but doubt it.

They do play hard and we know our safeties pride themselves in their style of play. We remember another seahawk that played like that and he too had his career shortened by his physical brand. Easley might have had a longer career if he wasn't that physical, but would he have been as effective?

Many of these guys may burn out younger, but this is who they are and what they do.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see Lane's arm injury. I don't want to look. Just a description is enough to make me cringe.

Gonna need some extra DB's on the roster if they are going to totally sell out every play. Which position do they reduce to do that?

Easley was also fast! extremely fast. He was pretty special and glad to see the Seahawks giving him some love.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well both Sherman and Thomas were hurt in the GB game and both were sort of freak injuries weren't they? I don't see them as being impacted by them long term.

Kam's was earlier. Can't remember what he did, but knees are always a concern. Even after repair it can leave that knee more prone to problems later.

Lane? Did you all see that picture of his arm on that play? Made me cringe and turn away. Arm's aren't supposed to bend 90 degrees at that point. Those are bad. He's going to be out a long time and have a long road to recovery. Long term impact? Not sure, but doubt it.

They do play hard and we know our safeties pride themselves in their style of play. We remember another seahawk that played like that and he too had his career shortened by his physical brand. Easley might have had a longer career if he wasn't that physical, but would he have been as effective?

Many of these guys may burn out younger, but this is who they are and what they do.

Easley also had kidney failure because of shotty treatment. Who knows, but if he played now, perhaps he plays longer. Dawkins, Harrison, Lynch and Polamalu are physical safeties who dealt with injuries but were effective well in to their careers. Troy is about dust now, but it took until he was about 31 to really catch up with him to where he's a liability.

I should also throw in the guy who taught these two how to be pros, Lawyer Milloy.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see Lane's arm injury. I don't want to look. Just a description is enough to make me cringe.

Gonna need some extra DB's on the roster if they are going to totally sell out every play. Which position do they reduce to do that?

Easley was also fast! extremely fast. He was pretty special and glad to see the Seahawks giving him some love.

It looked like his forearm turned to rubber and was being stretched. Weirdest looking injury I've ever seen. The most gruesome looking sports injury I've seen live on TV still has to be when that kid from Louisville broke his leg. That was brutal.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like his forearm turned to rubber and was being stretched. Weirdest looking injury I've ever seen. The most gruesome looking sports injury I've seen live on TV still has to be when that kid from Louisville broke his leg. That was brutal.

Stop it! Now I got that vision in my head. Do you have any idea how much **** I have to look at to make it go away?

Next season I am hoping we have a little more depth so one player going down doesn't hurt our chances so much. Let alone having a bunch of walking wounded playing in the last game. When the defense is hurt, the offense may find itself in a shoot out and the team isn't built for that. Another thing to work on in the offseason.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it! Now I got that vision in my head. Do you have any idea how much **** I have to look at to make it go away?

Next season I am hoping we have a little more depth so one player going down doesn't hurt our chances so much. Let alone having a bunch of walking wounded playing in the last game. When the defense is hurt, the offense may find itself in a shoot out and the team isn't built for that. Another thing to work on in the offseason.

Cock??:noidea:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bummer that we had to be banged up for the SB, but I'm not hanging the loss on that. Still had a golden opportunity to win at the end and came up a yard short. When you have RW and Marshawn Lynch with 1 yard to go and 3 downs to do it, you should be able to get it done.

Moving on, I'm encouraged for next year when we get Mebane and Hill back healthy in the middle of that DL and get a chance to see what Cassius Marsh and some other younger players may be able to do. I'm confident the LOB will be resilient recovering from these injuries and be ready to play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to bring this up though just because I find it strange... Madden curse... We had the LOB on the cover and pretty much every one of them sustained bad injuries....I think Maxwell was the only one half way healthy.... He did have issues though in one of the playoff games.... I think EA is such a sell-out to football video games that the football gods punish who-ever is on that cover... It's strange

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to bring this up though just because I find it strange... Madden curse... We had the LOB on the cover and pretty much every one of them sustained bad injuries....I think Maxwell was the only one half way healthy.... He did have issues though in one of the playoff games.... I think EA is such a sell-out to football video games that the football gods punish who-ever is on that cover... It's strange

If having the #1 defense in the league and taking the SB down to a wire is a "curse"...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If having the #1 defense in the league and taking the SB down to a wire is a "curse"...

So ... Injuries were sustains and it hurt Seattle's D ... 3 outta the 4 on that cover need surgery... strange that's all ...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue that it hurt us...in the Super Bowl. If being cursed is making it to the Super Bowl, I hope we get cursed quite a bit.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof I don't buy Madden anymore.... I heard one of the photo's was the entire LOB, but it was taken off so it was just Sherman ... I did see the photo early on of the LOB on the cover though pre- release.... That was probably enough for the football god to get angry....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe injuries are supposed to be part of the curse BHF. Super Bowl or not, having those guys get that hurt was bad and could impact their careers going forward. Knee and shoulder injuries are no joke. Sherman's probably won't be a long term issue.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman was the only one on the cover (thus the only one "cursed"). They did use the LOB for a load screen, though, IIRC.