• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LED Headlights

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering about the quality of light generated by LED headlights.

My experience with LED is mostly with flashlights and spotlights, usually trying to see down in a foggy steamy manhole at night. It generally seems that a regular incandescent bulb penetrates the mist better to give a clearer picture of what is at the bottom, where an LED flashlight, while brighter, reflects more and gives more glare.

I have had cars with Halogen, Bi-Xenon, HID, Halogen Projector, combination HID low & Halogen high beams etc...but never LED headlights.

Can any of you tell me the quality of light from LED lighting on a vehicle, specifically in bad weather?

Rain, Snow, fog or just wet roads.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to new fangled shite such as LED headlights, but I do see up here a lot of those small multi daytime running lights. Kind of gay.

I think all my cars are HID.

What bothers me is trucks, raised with HID and fog/driving lights. Aimed right at my eyes......... And if it's raining.....

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to new fangled shite such as LED headlights, but I do see up here a lot of those small multi daytime running lights. Kind of gay.

I think all my cars are HID.

What bothers me is trucks, raised with HID and fog/driving lights. Aimed right at my eyes......... And if it's raining.....

Yeah, bright headlights have gotten out of hand.
I think people do it just to fuck with other people.
Then you have the factory installed shit that seems to be illegal in how bright they are.

Something needs to be done.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, bright headlights have gotten out of hand.
I think people do it just to fuck with other people.
Then you have the factory installed shit that seems to be illegal in how bright they are.

Something needs to be done.

Seriously, I drive to work at 5:30 AM on the highway. If it's raining you get the direct beam and the reflection off the road.

I have to watch the side of the road for the reflectors on the little posts there to see where the road actually is if a long line of traffic is coming my way in the wet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My car has factory LED head lights...in short...they cast more light a shorter distance. In terms of fog, they are no better than Halogen to me, you still need fog lights which are a different color by design...people trying to match their fogs w/ headlights are making a mistake if they really want to use them as fog lights....rain, yes I can see better.

My car is a '09, and I think 2011 is when the LED daytime lights became the craze for manufacturers...cute until one blows and they look silly.