• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's most likely destination in 2018-2019

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need or want Westbrook. He'd be a score first point guard on a team whose offense is based on ball movement.

Where do you put Westbrook on a team what has:

PG- Ball
SG - George
SF - Ingram
PF - Randle
C - Zubac

Are you going to have Ball coming off the bench even though he seems like the perfect point guard for your system?

Do you start Westbrook at SG, George at SF and bring Ingram off the bench even though you've been touting him as one of the "faces of the franchise"?

Set aside your Lebron hatred for a second and consider a lineup of:

PG - Ball
SG - George
SF - Ingram
PF - Lebron
C - Zubac

That's as close to postionless, ball movement based offense as it gets. It also makes them at least solid on defense.

That lineup makes the Lakers a real threat to the Warriors. Especially if Zubac develops enough to help attack the Warriors in their one area of weakness.

If the Lakers get creative or Bron and George are willing to take less than the max then maybe they can fit in Avery Bradley as well.

It's unfortunate, but any team that gets built these next 3-4 years will be primarily built to beat the Warriors. And I feel like in order to beat the Warriors you need someone to lock down Steph. Outside of Kawhi, I don't see anyone better guarding Steph than Avery Bradley.

George and Bron can take turns on Klay and Durant. Ingram if he develops with his length and athleticism SHOULD BE a good perimeter defender as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers get creative or Bron and George are willing to take less than the max then maybe they can fit in Avery Bradley as well.

It's unfortunate, but any team that gets built these next 3-4 years will be primarily built to beat the Warriors. And I feel like in order to beat the Warriors you need someone to lock down Steph. Outside of Kawhi, I don't see anyone better guarding Steph than Avery Bradley.

George and Bron can take turns on Klay and Durant. Ingram if he develops with his length and athleticism SHOULD BE a good perimeter defender as well.

I agree. If it can be done, Bradley would be a great addition. Having Lebron, PG and possibly Bradley would be great for Ingram to learn. As you point out, he should be a good perimeter defender. Just needs to learn how to play at the NBA level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how well Philly does this year, they could be a real contender for him. The reason being is that if their core shines, they'll all still be on rookie contracts and the 76ers will have a ton of cap space. They could realistically sign Lebron, sign another max free agent and still have their rookie core intact. If the 76ers make the playoffs this year, adding Lebron and another max free agent would put them atop the East.

But that's a huge if, depending on the progress of Philly.
I just dont see LeBron going to a team like the 76'ers even if they are the most talented - which you make a good argument for.

Itll be about where he wants to go and whats strategically the best for him.

I think its either LA or Cleveland and no where else. If he goes to LA the narrative will be he owns a house there- wants to explore opportunities etc, his wife wants to go there etc.

Hes not gonna just cherry pick the objectively best basketball situation. Thats not why he came back to Cleveland. And he went to Miami with his friends- obviousl to win- but Wade was a huge draw.

What i am saying is that it wont be a pure basketball decision.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i saw you said the Lakers had picks to get rid of Dengs deal.

Thats not right.

Bradley is gonna get tons of money. Hes prob. the best perimeter defender in the league. George and LeBron are eligible for 30% of the payroll of a team which is about 30M a piece.

Bradley will get AT LEAST 20 million

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fear the SPurs as they can open up max cap space.

But, Klutch ain't running shit as long as Pop is around.

So, I think him going to the Spurs is a very long shot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see LeBron going to a team like the 76'ers even if they are the most talented - which you make a good argument for.

Itll be about where he wants to go and whats strategically the best for him.

I think its either LA or Cleveland and no where else. If he goes to LA the narrative will be he owns a house there- wants to explore opportunities etc, his wife wants to go there etc.

Hes not gonna just cherry pick the objectively best basketball situation. Thats not why he came back to Cleveland. And he went to Miami with his friends- obviousl to win- but Wade was a huge draw.

What i am saying is that it wont be a pure basketball decision.

I'd add to that Lebron is very aware of his legacy and wants to add to it. Multiple champion, brought his hometown team their first title ever and the city it's 1st title in decades, multiple all star and MVP, considered the best player of his era...

If he goes to the Lakers and they return to contender status. He'll get credit for helping to restore a storied franchise back to it's former glory, even if they don't win a title with him. Just setting them back on that path will add to his resume'.

Bojack_Horseman

Snowflake Melter Supreme
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to LA.

He lives there. He called it "home" on Twitter today. He was personally scouting Lonzo at a summer league game.

It will be Lonzo/Ingram/Lebron/?/?

If I had to guess, I'd say Lonzo/Ingram/PG13/Lebron/Cousins

With Wade signing for the exception and being a sort of mentor for Ingram.

It leaves the Lakers in good enough shape long-term, but gives them enough to compete for a championship in 2018-19.

Cousins gets a max deal, PG gets a max deal, Lebron gets some sort of wink wink nudge nudge ownership stake down the road and a lesser deal.

Lakers have to figure out how to get rid of Clarkson and Deng without absorbing too much salary in return.

They got out from under the Mozgov contract, that was a big first step.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he decides to leave then I think either of the LA teams are the best bets. But it is possible that he would go to a Philly or Minnesota if he thinks that is the best path to a title.

A lot will depend on how the teams play this year. If Ball shows himself to be a budding superstar then the Lakers probably make the most sense. If he struggles then I doubt it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fear the SPurs as they can open up max cap space.

But, Klutch ain't running shit as long as Pop is around.

So, I think him going to the Spurs is a very long shot.

Yup, that's why i don't see SA as a real contender. But maybe as Lebron ages his view will change, but I doubt it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he decides to leave then I think either of the LA teams are the best bets. But it is possible that he would go to a Philly or Minnesota if he thinks that is the best path to a title.

A lot will depend on how the teams play this year. If Ball shows himself to be a budding superstar then the Lakers probably make the most sense. If he struggles then I doubt it.

LA would probably be better off long term with Westbrook and PG13 anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant and RW did, so there's a way.

Durant isn't someone who needs to have the offense run through him.

Not saying it can't work since I don't know what Ball will be in the NBA but they both want to run the offense.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add to that Lebron is very aware of his legacy and wants to add to it. Multiple champion, brought his hometown team their first title ever and the city it's 1st title in decades, multiple all star and MVP, considered the best player of his era...

If he goes to the Lakers and they return to contender status. He'll get credit for helping to restore a storied franchise back to it's former glory, even if they don't win a title with him. Just setting them back on that path will add to his resume'.
See, I think about that in reverse. Not that I still wouldn't think that he's one of the best to ever play, but If Lebron jumps in free agency again to a third super team, I think it kind of hurts his legacy just a tad

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think about that in reverse. Not that I still wouldn't think that he's one of the best to ever play, but If Lebron jumps in free agency again to a third super team, I think it kind of hurts his legacy just a tad

I tend to agree. I think that if he were to leave he has to do it in a way where people don't think he's simply leaving for a better option.

In fairness to him, I think the only reason he would leave Cleveland is because of Gilbert.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I am weary of giving 34 year old Lebron a FOUR year deal. Now an OLD Lebron as power forward could work if he lived in the post, but he seems to be so against relying on a post game

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would the Lakers qualify as a superteam though? I mean, we're not talking about a team that already has a star player or 2 that he would be joining. Also, it wouldn't be a situation like when he went to the Cavs, where 11 of the players that finished the previous season were no longer on the team when the next season started.

Let's say they added Lebron and PG as many seem to think they will. You'd have Lebron and PG (which is pretty darn good) but then you'd have a roster full of young, developing guys.

I think you'd have the beginnings of a superteam, but the young guys would have to continue develop in order to be a true superteam.