• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's most likely destination in 2018-2019

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

the heat offseason sucked ass

you signed Kelly Olnyk and drafted a backup center and struck out on a major free agent.... AGAIN.

Johnson and Waiters went from making a combined less than 10 million to a combined, what? 25 million? more than that?

no cap room.....missing 2 future first rounders, not having a 2nd rounder for at least the next 4 drafts.

like i said-

the Heat are like the Trailblazers-- locked into mediocrity for the foresseeable future- but at least the Trailblazers have a a star in Lillard and some extra picks and their GM isnt senile.

call me crazy--- but id take Rose, Green and Osman over a backup center and Kellny Olnyk anyday. lol.

but you DID get a meeting with Haward--- I wonder who is next that you will brag about the HEat getting am eeting with only to see them sign elsehwere. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

the heat offseason sucked ass

you signed Kelly Olnyk and drafted a backup center and struck out on a major free agent.... AGAIN.

Johnson and Waiters went from making a combined less than 10 million to a combined, what? 25 million? more than that?

no cap room.....missing 2 future first rounders, not having a 2nd rounder for at least the next 4 drafts.

like i said-

the Heat are like the Trailblazers-- locked into mediocrity for the foresseeable future- but at least the Trailblazers have a a star in Lillard and some extra picks and their GM isnt senile.

call me crazy--- but id take Rose, Green and Osman over a backup center and Kellny Olnyk anyday. lol.

but you DID get a meeting with Haward--- I wonder who is next that you will brag about the HEat getting am eeting with only to see them sign elsehwere. lol

The Heat offseason was fine. Thanks for your concerns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because he was jumping off the sinking Heat, just like he is now ready to jump off the sinking Cavs.

Don't act like Kyrie being 20 or 22 makes that much of a difference, lol. Other than shots attempted, Kyrie's stats haven't changed much from his rookie year to last year.
Kyrie was an all star at , what? 21?

did you see Ingram play last year?

ideally you want shooters and defenders around LeBron--- Ball is neither a good shooter nor a good defender. Not that that cant change eventually- Ball - for me a good comp is Jason Kidd without hte defense.....Kidd developed a shot-- EVENTUALLY. Maybe Ball will too.

But expecting either to be a major contributor on a contender anytime soon is folly. Eventually both could/should be....but at the age of 20? or 21?

how long did it take Durant and RW to become real factors?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat offseason was fine. Thanks for your concerns.
I could just imagine if markanen would have fallen and heyward would have gone there-- that would have been a home run. Instead- a strikeout and you tripped on the way back to the dugout and slashed your leg on your spikes.

instead- winning a few extra games takes you out of the tier 1 prospects- and heyward decides to go to a place where he has a better chance to win.

left with a backup center and kelly olnyk---- Kelly Olnyk-- lol.....hes the answer to the question of- what are we gonna do with the Bosh cap room--- well- that- and absorb TJ Johnsons contract which explodes from 6M to 19M.

I wonder how many other heat fans would have been happy with spending that cap room on Olnyk and part of TJ Johnsons contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because he was jumping off the sinking Heat, just like he is now ready to jump off the sinking Cavs.

Don't act like Kyrie being 20 or 22 makes that much of a difference, lol. Other than shots attempted, Kyrie's stats haven't changed much from his rookie year to last year.
it def. matters if/what the Cavs get for Kyrie as well.

IF they get a package like Bledsoe and Jackson---- I think he stays another couple years.

If they get a piss-poor package--- the chances he leaves of course increase. I have heard that the Knicks may relent and deal Porzingis which would be a home run

the Lakers are definitely attractive because they have cap room and young assets that could be used to try and win now.

lets just say for the sake of argument- and i realize its entirely hypothetical- the Cavs get Bledsoe and Jackson--- or Porzingis (and are forced to take back Noahs awful contract which would prob be a pre req of getting the Zinger).

Cleveland in the East with: Bledsoe, Love, TT, JR, Jackson, Shump,

or LA in the West with: lets say- Paul George (say he doesnt want to stay and play with RW- which i dont think is a foregone conclusion), Ball, Ingram, Deng, Randle (they would have to let go of KCP and Lopez to open up the cap room).

I mean--- IF i were LeBron i would just wait 1-2 more seasons before I made my move for Ingram and Ball to grow up--- keep making Finals in the East---- and then go out West once Klay leaves GSW 2 years from now. TO me that would make the most sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly - if i am the Lakers I just try and sign Cousins and George---- that gives you 2 guys that are more age appropriate and lineup with your young guys----and Cousins with a distributor like Ball is perfect---- and then you have your great wing defender in George that takes the last shots. And lets face it- George and LeBron are rather duplicative in a lot of ways.

to me- that makes more sense than signing a LeBron who will be 34 shortly after the season begins - and will want to try and compete immediately during the last couple years of his prime.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly - if i am the Lakers I just try and sign Cousins and George---- that gives you 2 guys that are more age appropriate and lineup with your young guys----and Cousins with a distributor like Ball is perfect---- and then you have your great wing defender in George that takes the last shots. And lets face it- George and LeBron are rather duplicative in a lot of ways.

to me- that makes more sense than signing a LeBron who will be 34 shortly after the season begins - and will want to try and compete immediately during the last couple years of his prime.

shut the fuck up

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree on George.

As for Cousins? I would love to have his talent on the Lakers.

I don't want his 5 cent head anywhere near them.

The idea behind getting Lebron is that they get him for say, 4 years, taking him to age 37. They have a season or 2 with him helping their development, then in the last 2-3 seasons, he possibly gets another ring or 2 on his way to retirement. Leaving a young, contending team going forward.

If there was some way to guarantee that Boogie wouldn't go all Boogie at some point and just played basketball...I'd agree that getting Boogie and PG would be a better long term deal for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on George.

The idea behind getting Lebron is that they get him for say, 4 years, taking him to age 37. They have a season or 2 with him helping their development, then in the last 2-3 seasons, he possibly gets another ring or 2 on his way to retirement. Leaving a young, contending team going forward.

If there was some way to guarantee that Boogie wouldn't go all Boogie at some point and just played basketball...I'd agree that getting Boogie and PG would be a better long term deal for them.
it all comes down to George

if George doesnt come the Lakers very well may strike out big time again. If George comes- that helps everything--- if he decides he likes it and stays in OKC and takes his Bird Rights contract- the Lakers may not get ANYONE again- the Lakers wont have anyone's Bird rights remember--

let alone LeBron.

If i were a Lakers fan I would DEF. root for the Thunder to disappoint.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on George.

I still scoff at the idea that LeBron James will be developing 20 years olds. That just makes zero sense to me.

LeBron is going to try and win a championship every year. Its why 2-3 years from now it makes a LOT more sense than joining a team that has little more than a handful of youngsters. All it takes is a sprained ankle or a twistd knee at the wrong time for things to be wide open--- ESPECIALLY considering that the Rockets and maybe even the Twolves will be pushing the Warriors much more than they were pushed last year--- (also maybe Kawhi wont get cheap shotted).

I mean- look at the Twolves--- the best collection of young talent that I have seen i nthe NBA in the long time--- Wiggins is 22...Towns will be 22 in November---- and they are still not ready to be TRUE contenders even with 3 and 2 years of experience respectively--- i dont think anyone would argue that Ball and Ingram arebetterpr ospects than Wiggins and Towns.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still scoff at the idea that LeBron James will be developing 20 years olds. That just makes zero sense to me.

Because you're not grasping the fact that Lebron isn't winning any titles in at least the next 2 years because the only team he can go to and have them on equal footing with the Warriors, is the Spurs and that's only if they can clear the cap space without losing any of their top players.

LeBron is going to try and win a championship every year. Its why 2-3 years from now it makes a LOT more sense than joining a team that has little more than a handful of youngsters. All it takes is a sprained ankle or a twistd knee at the wrong time for things to be wide open--- ESPECIALLY considering that the Rockets and maybe even the Twolves will be pushing the Warriors much more than they were pushed last year--- (also maybe Kawhi wont get cheap shotted).

I don't think Lebron is that shortsighted. Unless the Warriors suffer a couple of major injuries, Lebron isn't winning a title in the next 2 years. Even if the Warriors do suffer injuries that stop them, the Cavs likely aren't getting past the Spurs and maybe not the Rockets or OKC now that the Rockets have CP3 and PG is in OKC.

I mean- look at the Twolves--- the best collection of young talent that I have seen i nthe NBA in the long time--- Wiggins is 22...Towns will be 22 in November---- and they are still not ready to be TRUE contenders even with 3 and 2 years of experience respectively--- i dont think anyone would argue that Ball and Ingram arebetterpr ospects than Wiggins and Towns.

Lebron in Minny would be interesting. Their young guys are older and more developed than the Lakers young guys. But there are 2 problems.

1.) Who do they give up to get the cap space.

2.) They're in Minnesota.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you're not grasping the fact that Lebron isn't winning any titles in at least the next 2 years because the only team he can go to and have them on equal footing with the Warriors, is the Spurs and that's only if they can clear the cap space without losing any of their top players.

I don't think Lebron is that shortsighted. Unless the Warriors suffer a couple of major injuries, Lebron isn't winning a title in the next 2 years. Even if the Warriors do suffer injuries that stop them, the Cavs likely aren't getting past the Spurs and maybe not the Rockets or OKC now that the Rockets have CP3 and PG is in OKC.

Lebron in Minny would be interesting. Their young guys are older and more developed than the Lakers young guys. But there are 2 problems.

You think LeBron is just going to concede? that is so laughably stupid it cracks me up.

LeBron isnt spending his last GREAT years baby sitting--- i think he might go to LA- but if he does the young players/assets (well- players- since they dont really have any draft assets to trade) will be traded for vets faster than you could imaigne.

its the whole appeal of going there

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think LeBron is just going to concede? that is so laughably stupid it cracks me up.

LeBron isnt spending his last GREAT years baby sitting--- i think he might go to LA- but if he does the young players/assets (well- players- since they dont really have any draft assets to trade) will be traded for vets faster than you could imaigne.

I believe the Lakers can easily create enough space for 2 max players next summer without giving up their top young players.
Correct?
Assuming George would be the other if James went there, it would explain why the Lakers weren't going to trade anything of great value for him last month.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is one more place LeBron could go.

Of course, he would need to sign for the MLE.

He could theoretically go to Golden State. I think he would get a few more rings there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You think LeBron is just going to concede?"

Why not?
His hairline did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could theoretically go to Golden State. I think he would get a few more rings there.

Yeah, he might be able to get one more.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if serious...but honestly Golden State wouldn't take him. Way too much drama and not at all needed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if serious...but honestly Golden State wouldn't take him. Way too much drama and not at all needed.

No. I am not serious. It won't happen.

But, if LeBron wanted to sign for the MLE, you really think GS would turn him away? I don't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am not serious. It won't happen.

But, if LeBron wanted to sign for the MLE, you really think GS would turn him away? I don't.

Honestly I think they might. Impossible to say as it's obviously never coming up.