• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James to LA Lakers?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can put a contending roster around him for the 2 years of Kobe's contract and then re-build around him when Kobe retires. The Lakers have so few players under contract right now that they can literally take the roster in any direction that they want. I'd think that would be pretty interesting, especially for someone like Lebron who is a great team player.

Howard is the one who fucked up the situation, not the Lakers. He came in and thought he knew more about how to win a title than anyone else in the organization.

This is the main reason I brought up LA. They are in a prime position to bargain for Lebron.

As for Dwight, I didn't watch very many games when was in LA, but he clearly wasn't working. I don't even know why he gets keeps getting mentioned when people talk about NBA superstars. He's a big, physical, guy, but I don't see anything else that makes him elite...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron gets a pick over kobe??? Lol i don't think so

If the Lakers were concerned about who Kobe wants as coach, they'd have already hired one or they would have hired Brian Shaw when Phil left. Mitch has said they don't intend to consult with Kobe on the coaching hire. They didn't consult with him when they hired Brown or D'Antoni.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do in Orlando? You mean besides get his coach fired, bitch and complain the whole time, force his way out leaving Orlando getting very little in return, etc., etc.

On the Lakers, he was a locker room cancer and refused to do anything to work on his game. Then, in his last game in a Lakers uniform, he quit on the team. He thought he knew more about winning titles than a team with 16 of them and a player with 5.

When Steve Nash (a career 90%+ free throw shooter) offered to help him with his free throw shooting, Howard declined.

Howard was introduced to Kareem who offered to help Dwight with his offense, gave him his phone number and Dwight never called.

The problem was with Dwight, not the Lakers. When you have a future first ballot hall of famer and arguably the greatest offensive center in the history of the game and hall of famer offer to help you improve and you say no. That's a you problem.

That's what i meant about him fucking over the magic.. But a cancer to the locker room hmmm.. I would say that kobe had a little to do with that too

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers were concerned about who Kobe wants as coach, they'd have already hired one or they would have hired Brian Shaw when Phil left. Mitch has said they don't intend to consult with Kobe on the coaching hire. They didn't consult with him when they hired Brown or D'Antoni.

So why would they with lebron? Wouldn't that piss kobe off? Kobe still has this mind set that its his team as long as he still playing there.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron gets a pick over kobe??? Lol i don't think so

If Lebron does go anywhere, it'll be because he gets a say in what goes on. That said, you're right.. Kobe isn't the type of guy who will let anyone come in and call the shots.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the main reason I brought up LA. They are in a prime position to bargain for Lebron.

As for Dwight, I didn't watch very many games when was in LA, but he clearly wasn't working. I don't even know why he gets keeps getting mentioned when people talk about NBA superstars. He's a big, physical, guy, but I don't see anything else that makes him elite...?

He gets put in the "elite" category because he is the best center in the game and puts up numbers. But he mainly accomplishes that because he is really the only "true center" left in the game. Great centers from the past, from Kareem to Shaq (the last truly great center) would destroy Dwight.

Plus, you can't even have Dwight in the game late in close games because he's such a liability offensively and at the free throw line.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why would they with lebron? Wouldn't that piss kobe off? Kobe still has this mind set that its his team as long as he still playing there.

I can't say that I understand the politics and decisions involved here, but at some point they have to do what's best for the team. Kobe isn't the future of this club at his age and with his injuries.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets put in the "elite" category because he is the best center in the game and puts up numbers. But he mainly accomplishes that because he is really the only "true center" left in the game. Great centers from the past, from Kareem to Shaq (the last truly great center) would destroy Dwight.

Plus, you can't even have Dwight in the game late in close games because he's such a liability offensively and at the free throw line.

I wish he did play during that time... So he can be put in his place and quit acting like he's the shit..

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Lebron want to give Kobe his 6th and 7th ring?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, once a team "goes small", he's lost out there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF (and it ain't happening) Lebron were to come to the Lakers, they won't necessarily consult with him re: the coach, but they will hire a coach that will run a system that plays to Lebron's strengths. They will also look to put a roster around him that plays to his strengths.

As for Kobe, Kobe is 35 and wants at least one more ring. Lebron can help him get there. Kobe has an enormous ego, but he's not stupid. Lebron is enough of a team guy, that I could see him doing with Kobe, what Magic did with Kareem. Magic always said the Lakers were Kareem's team out of respect, but everyone knew it was Magic's team. I could see Lebron doing that. He did the same thing with D-Wade when he came to Miami.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i barely care about the Lakers now (just haven't been into NBA lately), but I'd stop caring altogether if they got Lebron. I think he's a great player, but hate all the antics/drama he seems to bring.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Lebron want to give Kobe his 6th and 7th ring?

Wouldn't be about getting Kobe a ring, it would be about getting himself more rings with an organization that knows how to get lots of them. People need to quit thinking about Kobe (hard to do because he does cast a large shadow). Kobe is the past. He has 2 years left. The Lakers aren't going to mortgage the future to get Kobe a ring now.

Obviously, landing Lebron would give them a chance to win now, but that's really the only move they can make where they can win now AND set themselves up for the future at the same time.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard leaving is not a good thing? LA has made some questionable decisions lately, but getting rid of Howard was one of the best things they could have done... I really don't know why they even went after him in the first place.

:agree:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKER are actually in a pretty good spot.

The can sign a top level free agent outright this season AND another next season.

Plus they have a top lottery pick as well...with a still effective Kobe Bryant.

I don't know if its Lebron, but they will take a look at LBJ, Melo, and Love.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always supported the theory that LA could be LBJ's next landing spot. That opinion changed when:

They bungled the Dwight events
They signed Kobe to a unrealistic deal for marketing purposes

I dont see how LA can win with just Lebron and Kobe. But if Lebron does want to wait for 3 to 4 years, they could build around him

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always supported the theory that LA could be LBJ's next landing spot. That opinion changed when:

They bungled the Dwight events
They signed Kobe to a unrealistic deal for marketing purposes

I dont see how LA can win with just Lebron and Kobe. But if Lebron does want to wait for 3 to 4 years, they could build around him

But Kobe is that clutch type player that Lebron needs. That said, they need a LOT more help then they have right now. It for sure wouldn't be a quick process to free up the right people to join LJ... 3 to 4 years sounds about right.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has overlooked the notion that Pat Riley is still running the Heat. Pat is a shrewed basketball president who has done pretty much everything concerned with basketball at the pro level (player, coach, won championships at both levels, GM, president).

As TJF12 has been stating, The Lakers will make their play for LBJ but Pat has LeBron's ear and LeBron ain't going anywhere. I highly suspect, if the Heat lose this series, Pat will re-work this team and they'll be back as it will include building around James. Wade is pretty much done. Bosh may or may not stay but Pat Riley will rebuild a bit and they'll be back for sure.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We HAD an EXCELLENT chance....and my reasoning was that Kobe and Lebron may not be the best of friends,but we were the only team(well unless everybody is playing for minimum contracts) that could offer Lebron the chance to play with Melo....but I gave up once they decided to give that contract to Kobe. I mean I guess they could still make it happen now that people are taking less, but I thought it was much more of a possibility when we had the money to offer both of them pretty good deals.