• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald- An Ode to Arizona

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This piece is awesome. He's a model athlete, 100 percent class on and off the field. One of the most loyal, humble and hard working players out there. Nothing but respect to you Fitz. I want this Super Bowl for you more than I do myself as a fan.

Ode To Arizona | By Larry Fitzgerald

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Patriots are to lose in the Super Bowl (hopefully they get there) I wouldn't mind it to be to the Cardinals and Fitzgerald. Class act all the way

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you fans stuck in miserable year after miserable year I just want you to know it's possible to one day be relevant and turn it around. AZ is a perfect example of that, it's been so hard being a lifer Cards fan… but sticking with my team through good and bad… well, mostly bad (outside of 2008-2009) has paid off.

Whether we win a ring or not this year the progress we've made as a franchise is truly sobering.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This piece is awesome. He's a model athlete, 100 percent class on and off the field. One of the most loyal, humble and hard working players out there. Nothing but respect to you Fitz. I want this Super Bowl for you more than I do myself as a fan.

I don't think there's a single fan in the entire sports world that could have some form of dislike for this guy. He's always been one of my favorites. He definitely deserves to be known as a champion. I'm still rooting for Carolina though. :D

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a single fan in the entire sports world that could have some form of dislike for this guy. He's always been one of my favorites. He definitely deserves to be known as a champion. I'm still rooting for Carolina though. :D

I'll just pretend I didn't read that last sentence :dhd:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I am too lazy to look it up but has Fitzgerald ever won a Super Bowl?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just pretend I didn't read that last sentence :dhd:

Now that Calvin is likely retiring, Cam is probably my new favorite player, so sorry man. Still like the Cardinals, and definitely want them to win the division again next year. Used to like the Rams, but fuck them now that they are LA. Fuck big city, media hyped teams.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read! I have always enjoyed Fitz since his days at Pitt and for awhile felt bad that his talent was being wasted on a team who couldn't get him the ball. Then they make the Super Bowl and there I was after his 4th qtr TD saying "THAT....was a fucking awesome td!"

Arizona is a very likeable team for other fans and they are one of the few teams that I could enjoy seeing them win the Super Bowl and a lot of it has to do with Larry Fitzgerald. Seeing him get his ring would be simply great!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Lost in 2009 to the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Cards have 0 titles since moving to AZ.

Thank you... Sucks for him... I want him to win one.. Just not at the expense of the patriots :D

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you fans stuck in miserable year after miserable year I just want you to know it's possible to one day be relevant and turn it around. AZ is a perfect example of that, it's been so hard being a lifer Cards fan… but sticking with my team through good and bad… well, mostly bad (outside of 2008-2009) has paid off.

Whether we win a ring or not this year the progress we've made as a franchise is truly sobering.
Serious question...Did TB winning the Super Bowl give Arizona fans hope?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off because stories like Fitz go unnoticed by major networks yet any twitter drama or petty controversy gets all the media attention.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not really back then. We were a perennial loser at the time and I wasn't too optimistic with our FO.
Things majorly turned when Old man Bidwill let his son take over football operations. He loosened to strings on the coin purse and started making players actually consider the desert in FA. He had a hiccup with Whizenhunt, but seems to have found the right formula with Keim and BA.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably the player I'm rooting for most. He's the most complete WR in the NFL today, the closest anyone comes to being Jerry Rice. An offensive coordinator's dream.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if you've stuck with a team, dealt with year after year off shitty seasons and/or disappointment, and now the team you love is about to leave town and ship out to fucking LA?

Also, I'm rooting for Fitz to get his ring. He really deserves it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if you've stuck with a team, dealt with year after year off shitty seasons and/or disappointment, and now the team you love is about to leave town and ship out to fucking LA?

Also, I'm rooting for Fitz to get his ring. He really deserves it.

I'm being honest… if my team left for LA I'd just pick another team. Base however you pick the team off whatever the fuck you want, your call. I just fucking hate LA so that's my :2cents:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a great read. Thanks for sharing.

I love Fitz! Loved him at Pitt my freshman year, too. Class act.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably the player I'm rooting for most. He's the most complete WR in the NFL today, the closest anyone comes to being Jerry Rice. An offensive coordinator's dream.
We can only imagine what his career would have been if he'd had a good QB throwing to him for the majority of his time in the League. He's had maybe 4 seasons with a real quality passer under center all total