• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs Wizards Nov 26, 2013

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need KOBE to close. How can Blake blow the game with a horrible pass in crunch time. What was he thinking? You have to be correct at that time.

Plenty of blame to go around in this one. Are you seriously blaming one bad pass? The Lakers never should have been in that position. A little defense and fewer turnovers and they win this one going away.

How about when Farmar passed the ball to Blake at the 3 point line with 3 seconds left on the shot clock?

Why did Nick Young shoot such a deep 3 at a time when the Lakers didn't really need a 3?

Lots of blame in this one. Too much to put it on Blake's pass.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. Stu mentioned the same thing that the Lakers came out flat and committed way too many mental mistakes. They should have won this one going away. Even with all of the mistakes, they were in it and then just krapped their drawers. Totally unnecessary. I guess they are going to learn the difficult way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. Stu mentioned the same thing that the Lakers came out flat and committed way too many mental mistakes. They should have won this one going away. Even with all of the mistakes, they were in it and then just krapped their drawers. Totally unnecessary. I guess they are going to learn the difficult way.

I think they'll get it together eventually. Considering many thought they'd be 5-10 at this point, I'm not going to complain too much about 7-8, especially withy no Kobe. This was the type of game where Kobe can make the difference.

For them to be 7-8 at this point with some of the nice wins they've had (Clippers, Rockets) is a pleasant surprise, imo.

Of course, there were a couple of unnecessary losses (like tonight) that even it out a little. After 15 games, I give this team a C+ or maybe even B-!! They have performed a bit better than I expected, but not quite as well as they maybe could have.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trojanfan12, Yeah I'm blaming Blake for the loss or not winning. No matter what happened before in the game that possession was it. Game over after that stupid pass. All the Lakers had to do was score then anybody's game. But we'll never know cuz Lakers never got a chance because of a very stupid lazy pass at the most crucial most vital time in the game. That's when you got to make sure you at least get a shot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chili, I respectfully disagree, games are not won or lost based on one play. They are won or lost over the course of the entire game. If the Lakers had played any defense at all throughout the game, Blake isn't in a position to have to make that pass. The Lakers had 17 turnovers last night which led to 28 points for the Wizards. Blake only had 3 of those turnovers. I'll gladly take a 3 turnover game from any point guard, any game.

What if he had made a better pass and the player that he passed to missed the shot? Would you then blame the guy who missed the shot? This loss was a team effort (or lack thereof) on the defensive end of the floor. They let Nene score 30 points for crying out loud. I mean Nene's a solid player, but he shouldn't be dropping 30 on anyone.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to bashing on Blake? Dude is ballin' hard this season.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not as focused on the road, complacent as seen time and again with batch of TO's....the middle is still weak with too many points in the paint. they are playing hard but lack cohesiveness especially on the D end. Another "shoulda" beat this team.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to bashing on Blake? Dude is ballin' hard this season.

Personally, I wasn't bashing Blake I was bashing the decision to put him in at all at the end when we had come back on the shoulders of Farmar. I would rather have Henry/Meeks out there for defense/energy/spot up shooting, putting Blake in was confusing to me.The main thing we needed was a stop.

But it's just one game on the schedule, really felt like we could have won but there are plenty more to go.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I wasn't bashing Blake I was bashing the decision to put him in at all at the end when we had come back on the shoulders of Farmar. I would rather have Henry/Meeks out there for defense/energy/spot up shooting, putting Blake in was confusing to me.The main thing we needed was a stop.

But it's just one game on the schedule, really felt like we could have won but there are plenty more to go.

Gotcha. I wasn't able to catch the game last night, so didn't know how it played out. Farmar had a great game though based on the box score and highlights.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Farmar was definitely feeling it until the end when he started to hesitate and tense up. I was hoping he'd pull a Blake and hit the go-ahead three but he missed and then wilted after that. I think they are all mentally still looking for Kobe to bail them out. This is a good thing for them to experience the pressure and learn to persevere when the heat is on without a Kobe because you don't know if you can hit a pressure shot unless you do it instead of passing off to Kobe to bail your ass out. Even Gasbag wilted with some lame passes at the end. He hit a couple of big twos but whiffed on several TO passes. Then it was all downhill after that.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trojanfan. After the Nets game Farmar was asked about blowing the 27 points lead. He said that really doesn't matter. He said as long as you execute and get it done in the end that's want counts. That's what I meant by Blake blowing it at the most vital point in the game. That's when you got to execute and get it done. It doesn't matter what happened before in the game when the game is anybody's in crunch time. When Blake makes a unforced error to keep the Lakers from winning I say that is on him. That my belief. He made a 3 to win a game this season too. But that Wizards loss was on him in a big way. Just like him hitting the 3 to win a game. He won the game with that shot not what all went on before in the game. Otherwise you can never say a game winning shot when a guy hits a buzzer beater. You would have to go into about every play in the game to explain that winning buzzer beater at the end. That didn't really win the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trojanfan. After the Nets game Farmar was asked about blowing the 27 points lead. He said that really doesn't matter. He said as long as you execute and get it done in the end that's want counts. That's what I meant by Blake blowing it at the most vital point in the game. That's when you got to execute and get it done. It doesn't matter what happened before in the game when the game is anybody's in crunch time. When Blake makes a unforced error to keep the Lakers from winning I say that is on him. That my belief. He made a 3 to win a game this season too. But that Wizards loss was on him in a big way. Just like him hitting the 3 to win a game. He won the game with that shot not what all went on before in the game. Otherwise you can never say a game winning shot when a guy hits a buzzer beater. You would have to go into about every play in the game to explain that winning buzzer beater at the end. That didn't really win the game.

Good points. I just believe in the team aspect. You win as a team and you lose as a team. The only difference between the 2 scenarios is that Blake hit the game winner in 1 and committed a turnover in the other. In either case, there were missed plays along the way by everyone that put them in the position where it came down to one play.

We've all seen Kobe hit some amazing clutch and game winning shots. But some of those come at the end of games where he shot poorly. Great that he hit that shot, but if he shoots better earlier in the game or his teammates pick up the slack better, maybe the Lakers aren't in position to where he has to make that shot.

My point is that the game is 48 minutes long and there are many areas throughout the game where if the team performs better, it doesn't come down to one play.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. But my belief is it doesn't matter what happens earlier in the game. All teams make runs most of the time. It's what players do in crunch time at the end. When the game is on the line you got to Execute and get er done. I give credit when credit it due and tell it like it is when someone falls shot in vital end of game plays. When LAKERS lose by a wide margin that's when I put it on the team as a whole. Blake has been playing fairly well and I'm not too disappointed in him like previous seasons. Hope he keeps getting better. GO LAKERS.