• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers @ Nets 11/6/2015

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell finally showed something. He looked more aggressive tonight and he played better because of it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a bitch! I had to leave the house and was supposed to be back in time for tip off and missed the game... :tsk:

Lakers won by default, Nets made a high amount of bad turnovers and played worse than the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, but it's better than a loss.

Read an article this morning that seems to give some insight into how Byron is handling Russell. Basically, he's making him (and pretty much everyone) earn everything they get.

He has to start getting it, just like the other young guys have to start getting it. If they don't, they won't play as much. I think when you make mistakes over and over again, that wood has a good way of talking to your butt a little bit, too.

Kobe seems to agree:

I had to earn it. I think that does something. When you start to make your mark in this league and know you had to earn something, and know you had to actually earn your position and it wasn't handed to you. It gets a little frustrating, but at the same time, I think he's in a great situation. Byron is making him earn everything. He might not see it, but in a couple of years from now, he'll appreciate it.

Hard to tell if last night they played better defense or the Nets are just that bad. Maybe a little of both?

I thought MWP was used perfectly last night. He was brought in a couple of times to increase the defensive intensity and that's exactly what happened. Even mixed in a couple of "MWP for three" as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell finally showed something. He looked more aggressive tonight and he played better because of it.

Definitely his best game so far. He just needs to keep learning and working hard.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, but it's better than a loss.

Read an article this morning that seems to give some insight into how Byron is handling Russell. Basically, he's making him (and pretty much everyone) earn everything they get.

Kobe seems to agree:

Hard to tell if last night they played better defense or the Nets are just that bad. Maybe a little of both?

I thought MWP was used perfectly last night. He was brought in a couple of times to increase the defensive intensity and that's exactly what happened. Even mixed in a couple of "MWP for three" as well.

MWP and Nance Jr did a pretty good job last night. The thing about MWP is that he's not going to make a lot of silly mistakes that other guys would on this roster. He wasn't very fast but he didn't play horrible defense either, I think Larry Nance learning from a vet like MWP can only bring good things to his game.

Russell's shown a good jumpshot, the ability to attack off the dribble, he just needs the vision and experience to know where the open man is going to be. He definitely has the athleticism and the skills to be a top point guard in the league.

It's too late for hangman since he already called him a bust after 2 NBA games lol.