• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers @ Magic, 11/11/2015

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, TJF12. Kobe may have to do that because his body is just not cooperating with his mind anymore. When he does play extended minutes, he can't play the next game. Kobe is a proud, stubborn, competitive guy. He has yet to acknowledge that his body is done and Father Time always wins. If he persists in his denial, he may end up injured again for the third year in a row and he will then have to acknowledge that his career has reached its end. It'll be sad, but sooner, rather later, Kobe will have to come to terms what we all have to admit and that is we are not 20-years old anymore.

The only thing I hate more than seeing a great player retire, is seeing them play a season or 2 too long. Was listening to Cowherd and he made a great point re: Kobe (an all great players). The thing that makes them so great when they are young, that intense desire to be the best player in the game, starts working against them when they get older because their mind can't accept that they are merely good instead of great.

I agree about not being in our 20's anymore. I watch college football games and my brain thinks "I could still do that." Then, I go to get my 53 year old ass out my recliner and my body says "Are you out of your damn mind thinking you could still play football?" :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I have done the same rationale progression myself at 59, TJF12. Geez, I must live in a fantasy-land as it takes me four days to recoup from a weights work-out and usually I have to take a break from work-outs once every 5 weeks or so. Things are way different in the 50's decade than say the 20's and 30's. I thought I'd be Captain Obvious for a second there. lol.