• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kings vs Dux 11/24/23

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see the first but boy what a goal by Fiala in the second.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work from home
Duck loving wife is watching the game.
I may need to crash on someone’s couch tonight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings with so many penalties that they had 3 defensemen left and had to use Kempe on D. Kings look really good but game is pretty sloppy from the start of 2nd on. Fiala before his two goals looked a little lost to me. Another fat turnover at center ice and followed it up with a penalty when the game was 0-0. You can't be doing that stuff against really good teams. Byfield with the nice deflection on his goal. Kempe looks really awesome and that hit was amazing. Fiala with a beautiful 2 goals honestly. He jumped all over that first one.

Only smaller complaints. I hated how Moore played Gudas on the one Duck goal so far. Just abandoned the point and let him walk him. He was pointing at Gudas for someone else to cover, but that doesn't really help.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Christmas lights up and have the game on in the garage, Kings came to play today. Not tolerating any nonsense from Anaheim, Englund with the hay makers and Kempe absolutely lit up Vatrano no doubt for the semi slew foot on Dubois.

Ducks have some good young talent, it'll be a few years before they're legitimately competitive however.

Fiala second goal was wicked, very similar to Kopitar and his first goal way back in 2006. 5-1, Kopitar just scored.

Ducks getting killed, Laguna D needs to book a hotel tonight.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow day work wise
Did a couple of loads of laundry while working so I might be allowed to stay at home.
Even though the Kings are all cheaters and the Refs are on their payroll ( according to the wife)

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the replay on of Kempe’s hit
I think he knows what he hates to happen to him and decided to do onto others

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiala before his two goals looked a little lost to me. Another fat turnover at center ice and followed it up with a penalty when the game was 0-0. You can't be doing that stuff against really good teams.

Fiala doing Fiala things, good thing he scored 2 goals. That's the trade off with him, he makes some bonehead decisions sometimes and the WTF penalties but the Kings do not have a dynamic player like him. He creates out of nothing and can turn any opposing mistake into a goal.

Byfield with the nice deflection on his goal.

Pleased with his play today, that was a solid deflection. Hopefully it continues and he keeps doing things like that, if he isn't at the net that goal doesn't happen. Good job Buster.

Only smaller complaints. I hated how Moore played Gudas on the one Duck goal so far. Just abandoned the point and let him walk him. He was pointing at Gudas for someone else to cover, but that doesn't really help.

I'm not sure what Moore was thinking there myself. He completely backed off, I think he was expecting Dunno to pick up Gudas but he was already engaged with a Duck going to the net. That was 100% his man and by the time he realized it Gudas had from here to NY to wind up. He's somewhat of a goon but Gudas does have a good, heavy shot and it showed.

All in all not a bad game, some stuff to clean up for tomorrow.