• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers @ Heat 11/10/2015

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is essentially small to non-existence. Perhaps B. Scott should concentrate on that along with his continued emphasis on defense. We are not scoring and we give up way too many easy shots.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is done. On we go to tomorrow night for the back-to-backer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were lots of Lakers fans in the building.
Most disappointed cause they came to see Kobe.
Anyway, not to ruffle feathers, and you already know it, but that roster will be hard pressed to win many games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is essentially small to non-existence. Perhaps B. Scott should concentrate on that along with his continued emphasis on defense. We are not scoring and we give up way too many easy shots.

You're offense, at least tonight, was first open look just shot the ball.
The first half they were going in.
Averages caught up with the, 2nd half and misses just lead to easy scores the other way.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean Turnup. Just hit or miss and nothing constructive in approach to an offense. It is a very fragile way to execute an offense and the result you witnessed tonight is going to be the final product more often than not.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't get better. Byron Scott can't coach. If you want to see improvement, start a rally for a new coach

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean Turnup. Just hit or miss and nothing constructive in approach to an offense. It is a very fragile way to execute an offense and the result you witnessed tonight is going to be the final product more often than not.

It really is a mess to watch, and since Hibbert is offensively challenged and you don't really have any other bigs, I'm not sure how Scott or anyone else could fix it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with both of you, Turnup and bksballer. I am not sure if Scott can survive but he may slide on by with an impending power struggle between short Buss and Jeanie for control of the Lakers. I think it is going to be a while until the Lakers really do come back. Dare I say it. Like with GS and Sacramento, it may take an ownership change to get this team out of the rut it is now in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with both of you, Turnup and bksballer. I am not sure if Scott can survive but he may slide on by with an impending power struggle between short Buss and Jeanie for control of the Lakers. I think it is going to be a while until the Lakers really do come back. Dare I say it. Like with GS and Sacramento, it may take an ownership change to get this team out of the rut it is now in.

Lakers need to make a splash in FA if they want to come back soon. Probably try to sign DeRozan/Beal and Horford in the offseason?

Thoughts

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, along that front: Kevin Durant has already intimated that he is interested in coming to the Lakers next year. Perhaps that is the splash you are suggesting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, along that front: Kevin Durant has already intimated that he is interested in coming to the Lakers next year. Perhaps that is the splash you are suggesting.

Yeah that would be nice but IMO they must have a really nice backup plan if KD goes elsewhere. I think Horford along with Beal/DeRozan isn't bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hitting the panic button 7 games in to a season in which I think 30-35 wins is the absolute ceiling. I think that a lot of what we are seeing is mainly due to a lot of new faces and inexperience. Most of these games have gone about as I expected. Start slow, get into a little bit of flow, play better and catch up, then finish slow late.

If we get closer to the midpoint of the season and we are still seeing this, then there's a problem.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK TJF12. The critics with 20/20 hindsight vision are starting to ramp up the criticism of B. Scott and the Lakers. I am not panicking either but there is something fundamentally inept about this offense that has begun to be evident on a regular basis. Here is one article that are becoming more frequent 7 games into this season.

What The Hell Are The Lakers Doing With D'Angelo Russell?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Byron seriously survive another 23-28 win year?

Hard to say. It's only his 2nd season. He has 3 things working in his favor, imo.

1.) He hasn't exactly been handed a playoff caliber roster. Last years roster was practically a D-league level roster (especially when Randle and Kobe went down with injuries) and this years, while better overall, has a lot of youth and new faces.
2.) He has a history of developing young PG's. Both CP3 and Kyrie Irving give him a fair amount of credit for their development.
3.) He's part of the Showtime Lakers and I don't see them disrespecting him by firing him after only 2 seasons, especially given the rosters he's had.

I don't know if he's the answer as coach or if he can even "bridge the gap" to the next coach. I do know that I don't have a problem with the Lakers sticking with him for another season or 2 and trying to get him a playoff caliber roster.

I will say that Thibs being available makes things interesting. The Lakers may decide to make a change because a more well respected coach is available. Similar to when they dumped Del Harris and hired Phil. As much as I don't have a problem with keeping Byron for a season or 2, I can't say that I'd be all that upset if they dumped him for Thibs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last paragraph I agree with, TJF12. If Thibs gets the nod mid-way through this season, I'd would not be upset either. B. Scott will have done his part to progress the team out of the abyss the Lakers have been in for some time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK TJF12. The critics with 20/20 hindsight vision are starting to ramp up the criticism of B. Scott and the Lakers. I am not panicking either but there is something fundamentally inept about this offense that has begun to be evident on a regular basis. Here is one article that are becoming more frequent 7 games into this season.

What The Hell Are The Lakers Doing With D'Angelo Russell?

I don't necessarily agree with how he's handling Russell, but I understand what he's doing. Remember, Kobe only averaged 15 minutes per game as a rookie and a little over 20 minutes and 1 start in his 2nd season when he was the same age that Russell is now. Russell is averaging about the same minutes that Kobe did in year 2 and has already started more games.

I'd like to see Byron be more consistent with him though. For example, if Byron is going to go with vets down the stretch of closer games to try and win, that's fine. Russell can watch how the vets handle those situations and learn from them. But, if the game is a blowout late, like it was last night, then Russell should be in and getting playing time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that is killing Russell presently is Scott has not given Russell his blessing and it has affected his confidence a bit. I think Scott will eventually take Russell aside and give him the belief nod. Then I see Russell really taking off. Kobe had the luxury of a much more established team. Russell is groomed to be part of a core ala the Warriors. The dynamics are a bit different but your point is solid as usual, TJF12.