• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers @ Heat 11/10/2015

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last paragraph I agree with, TJF12. If Thibs gets the nod mid-way through this season, I'd would not be upset either. B. Scott will have done his part to progress the team out of the abyss the Lakers have been in for some time.

With Thibs available, my thought is this: I'm going to continue to support Byron until the all-star break. If there hasn't been improvement, then I'm going to jump on the "hire Thibs" bandwagon. I won't feel good about it because I still won't think he got a fair shake, but sometimes uncomfortable/unfair decisions have to be made.

I.e. Del Harris wasn't a bad coach and didn't really deserve to be fired, but when you can get Phil, you fire Del Harris.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed TJF12. With a Thibs, we jump a few steps up the ladder and rather rapidly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that is killing Russell presently is Scott has not given Russell his blessing and it has affected his confidence a bit. I think Scott will eventually take Russell aside and give him the belief nod. Then I see Russell really taking off. Kobe had the luxury of a much more established team. Russell is groomed to be part of a core ala the Warriors. The dynamics are a bit different but your point is solid as usual, TJF12.

The bold is why I understand what Byron is doing, but don't necessarily agree. The Lakers team that Kobe joined was going to be a playoff team, with or without him. This team isn't going to the playoffs unless Russell becomes the 2nd coming of Magic Johnson within the next few games. May as well put him in and let him grow alongside Randle and Clarkson.

I do like, however, Byron's making guys earn their playing time. I agree with him when he says that "playing time is a very precious thing in this league." It also happens to be a coaches best motivational tool. End of the day, players want to play. But, he needs to tell them exactly why they were benched so they can work on it.

I agree with you that Byron will eventually give him the belief nod, he's making him earn it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's inexplicable that Russell did not get back in last night's game in the fourth quarter. Wins are not important this season. What's important is player development. That's going to be slowed down with Russell if he has to play hesitantly due to the fear of being yanked for making mistakes and if he's not getting to play in the fourth quarter.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, I'm not sure about Thibs. He would be great defensively, but he runs his starters into the dust, and we may even downgrade, or at best stay the same offensively. I say let's hold onto Byron, and hope that a for sure, slam dunk choice becomes available

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is why I understand what Byron is doing, but don't necessarily agree. The Lakers team that Kobe joined was going to be a playoff team, with or without him. This team isn't going to the playoffs unless Russell becomes the 2nd coming of Magic Johnson within the next few games. May as well put him in and let him grow alongside Randle and Clarkson.

I do like, however, Byron's making guys earn their playing time. I agree with him when he says that "playing time is a very precious thing in this league." It also happens to be a coaches best motivational tool. End of the day, players want to play. But, he needs to tell them exactly why they were benched so they can work on it.

I agree with you that Byron will eventually give him the belief nod, he's making him earn it.

You essentially agreed with the bolded part of my post with your post and the bolded part. I am not sure why you disagree with what I posted when you confirmed with the bolded part. Confusing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You essentially agreed with the bolded part of my post with your post and the bolded part. I am not sure why you disagree with what I posted when you confirmed with the bolded part. Confusing.

I think I mistyped (misspoke?). What I was saying is that I understand what Byron is doing as far as developing Russell, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I think Byron should be playing him as opposed to bringing him along slowly like they did Kobe. This version of the Lakers is in a far different place than that version was.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.