• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

Dodgerblog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No stopping us now

I really don't see any team that can stop the Dodgers now. They led Atlanta in most of the games they played with them. And it took a homer off
jansen to win one of them. Add Wilson and it just got tougher. The bullpen aside from Belisario as of late is doing much better. The Dodgers offense has been producing enough to win and the pitching is taking the pressure off them so it makes it even more relaxing for the hitters. Knowing they don't need to score every time they get up. The defense is improved with Uribe playing more and his defense has been outstanding. Add Puig throwing guys out, regardless of what Don says Puig needs to stay aggressive and try to throw guys out. He has been close to getting guys out on a number of tries and should keep doing so. Even if the batter does get into scoring position. Bear in mind Puig needs to throw only when there's a chance at a play. but most times hes been close to getting an out. I cant see any team stopping them;

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see any team that can stop the Dodgers now. They led Atlanta in most of the games they played with them. And it took a homer off
jansen to win one of them. Add Wilson and it just got tougher. The bullpen aside from Belisario as of late is doing much better. The Dodgers offense has been producing enough to win and the pitching is taking the pressure off them so it makes it even more relaxing for the hitters. Knowing they don't need to score every time they get up. The defense is improved with Uribe playing more and his defense has been outstanding. Add Puig throwing guys out, regardless of what Don says Puig needs to stay aggressive and try to throw guys out. He has been close to getting guys out on a number of tries and should keep doing so. Even if the batter does get into scoring position. Bear in mind Puig needs to throw only when there's a chance at a play. but most times hes been close to getting an out. I cant see any team stopping them;

Uribe should get a Gold Glove this year at 3rd base...his not a flashy 3rd basemen but nothing gets passed him & he has a strong arm...All other 3rd basemen have been banged up...Uribe deserves it

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Dodger games I have watched, Uribe has done a fine job defensively and is deserving. But Nolan Arenado is a lock to win the GG at 3B this year, that kid has been unreal with the glove.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Dodger games I have watched, Uribe has done a fine job defensively and is deserving. But Nolan Arenado is a lock to win the GG at 3B this year, that kid has been unreal with the glove.

I have no issue with that one bit. Both players are equally deserving and honestly I think Uribe did this because it was a contract year. Im still a little skeptical about Uribe, call me crazy but he just suddenly produces this year? I do think La brings him back on a 1 year incentive laden deal until Seager is ready.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with that one bit. Both players are equally deserving and honestly I think Uribe did this because it was a contract year. Im still a little skeptical about Uribe, call me crazy but he just suddenly produces this year? I do think La brings him back on a 1 year incentive laden deal until Seager is ready.

I agree we have too wait & see & its intresting now beacause we got Michael young also

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA I think Michael Young is going to pinch hit and rest Uribe and Agon. Maybe even Hanley occasionally as he can play shortstop as well.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Young was taking swings about as bad as Uribe. Hoping he improves but his offense is no better right now and Uribe's defense has been solid all year. I really hate how Uribe randomly decided to get into shape this year, I hope Michael Young sends him to the bench and he is gone after this year.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe is in a contract year so that would explain him suddenly having a good year.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Uribe's reemergence this season has a lot to do with this being his "walk" year, but it may also have to do with the fact that's he's finally been healthy as a Dodger.

I think the Dodgers will scour the marketplace for a new 3B and Chase Headley might be their primary target. He's in his final Arb. year for 2014.

There's not much else out there unless the Dodgers can swing a deal for Freese (who I think is a likely trade candidate) or Middlebrooks, who would cost A LOT!!

Uribe could still come back if nothing else works out.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will we replace Uribe with at third?

The Dodgers are likely to trade for a 3B. I think a very likely candidate is David Freese. I also think the Dodgers will make a play for Chase Headley.

Headley has struggled this year primarily due to injury. He has been a terrific hitter at Dodger Stadium, so the Dodgers should be interested.

Either Freese or Headley should benefit from a change in scenery. Dodger Stadium could be just the ticket for either of them.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are likely to trade for a 3B. I think a very likely candidate is David Freese. I also think the Dodgers will make a play for Chase Headley.

Headley has struggled this year primarily due to injury. He has been a terrific hitter at Dodger Stadium, so the Dodgers should be interested.

Either Freese or Headley should benefit from a change in scenery. Dodger Stadium could be just the ticket for either of them.

I would feel better about Freese than Headley as Headley has been terrible this year. Maybe he has a better year next year but if we got him and he stunk it wouldnt be pretty.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Headley will be better next season having a chance to heal........like Kemp.

Plus, playing for a winning team could motivate him, also.

Whoever plays 3B could be a surprise to all of us.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd rather Uribe/Young not be our starting 3B next year..

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really at the price San Diego would want