• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as many times as you guys continue to underestimate THE Kyrie Irving.

better than John Wall, Damian Lillard, Derek Rose, etc...

RW, Curry, CP3- thats it- only PG's you take in front of Kyrie...and when you factor into how ridiculously team friendly his contract is- the guy is easily a top 10 guy youd want in the game.

Plus....how many guys have one of these on their resumes?

right in his eye...

ah, the boy is incorridgable...:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some of your Kyrie hate Tlance.....so glad he could serve you a big ole shitburger this past June. ;) some of my favorites.

The hate is just stupid. Irving and Love are not that good.

MG. You really are slow. He returned to Clevland. A handpicked team would contain the following:

CP3
Wade
Melo

Not saying that would be a lock to win, but Irving and Love are not LeBron's handpicked running mates. I have been saying all year that Cleveland is not good enough to win.

Nobody thinks the Cavs aren't going to the finals.

The problem is that there are 3 teams in the West who are better. Being the 4th best team in the League is not good enough when LeBron is on the roster.

But, LeBron would flip if the Cavs tried to move Irving, and that is the best way they can get enough assets to enable them to legitimately challenge the Warriors.

I find it a little ironic that Cleveland plays arguably their best game of the season essentially without Kyrie, who missed because he was sleep deprived. Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is a ball stopper who does not defend well. As great as he is at scoring in isolation, he only makes the Cavs marginally better.

Cavs record with Kyrie: 21-7
Cavs record without Kyrie: 19-8

That counts the OKC game as being without Kyrie. People assume the Cavs would have had a better shot to beat GS with Irving last year, but think about the matchups for a second. As uneven as Delly was offensively, he did as well guarding Curry as any player I have seen. Who is Irving going to match up with? I promise you he is not shutting Curry down.

Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some of your Kyrie hate Tlance.....so glad he could serve you a big ole shitburger this past June. ;) some of my favorites.

The hate is just stupid. Irving and Love are not that good.

MG. You really are slow. He returned to Clevland. A handpicked team would contain the following:

CP3
Wade
Melo

Not saying that would be a lock to win, but Irving and Love are not LeBron's handpicked running mates. I have been saying all year that Cleveland is not good enough to win.

Nobody thinks the Cavs aren't going to the finals.

The problem is that there are 3 teams in the West who are better. Being the 4th best team in the League is not good enough when LeBron is on the roster.

But, LeBron would flip if the Cavs tried to move Irving, and that is the best way they can get enough assets to enable them to legitimately challenge the Warriors.

I find it a little ironic that Cleveland plays arguably their best game of the season essentially without Kyrie, who missed because he was sleep deprived. Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is a ball stopper who does not defend well. As great as he is at scoring in isolation, he only makes the Cavs marginally better.

Cavs record with Kyrie: 21-7
Cavs record without Kyrie: 19-8

That counts the OKC game as being without Kyrie. People assume the Cavs would have had a better shot to beat GS with Irving last year, but think about the matchups for a second. As uneven as Delly was offensively, he did as well guarding Curry as any player I have seen. Who is Irving going to match up with? I promise you he is not shutting Curry down.

Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why.
this is what happens when you do not know what you are talking about and you try and judge a kid at 22 years old who had 4 coaches in 4 years, went through multiple years of tanking- and got thrown together with LeBron and Love.

Any simpleton could plainly see the elite ability in this kid- and finally some continuity- obviously GREAT teammates, and some time to learn the game and he has shown that- if he is NOT yet a top 10 player he is DAMN close.

Lets hope him and LeBron win another title or two together. He does that, and keeps running up All Star selections...itll be hard to keep him outta Springfield.

The worst was hearing about John Wall...lol...i get the Lillard stuff- you can make an argument....but John Wall? LOL.....Kyrie OWNS him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take on the guy. Personally I love him regardless of how well he plays in the NBA (for obvious reasons) but do we really take stock (should we) in All Star Game selections? Really?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what happens when you do not know what you are talking about and you try and judge a kid at 22 years old who had 4 coaches in 4 years, went through multiple years of tanking- and got thrown together with LeBron and Love.

Any simpleton could plainly see the elite ability in this kid- and finally some continuity- obviously GREAT teammates, and some time to learn the game and he has shown that- if he is NOT yet a top 10 player he is DAMN close.

Lets hope him and LeBron win another title or two together. He does that, and keeps running up All Star selections...itll be hard to keep him outta Springfield.

The worst was hearing about John Wall...lol...i get the Lillard stuff- you can make an argument....but John Wall? LOL.....Kyrie OWNS him.

You can continue to believe what you want about Kyrie, but bottom line is that we won't know for sure until he and LeBron are no longer teammates. When that happens, I will be proven correct unless he changes the way he plays.

For the record though, I still think I am dead on about Kyrie. Cleveland won a title. They earned it, but all of my comments were assuming both teams would be at full strength. Golden state clearly wasn't. Hopefully we see part 3 with both teams healthy in 2017.

Yes, I still believe Kyrie is one of the 5 most overrated players in basketball today, and until he addresses the flaws, he won't be anywhere near the top 10 except in the minds of people who don't understand the importance of defense and ball movement.

Really, aside from Cleveland outlasting a depleted and beat up Warriors squad, there is nothing wrong with what I said above.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, @WiggyRuss

Look under my avatar. I fully admit to being a Kyrie hater. But, that does not make me wrong!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...

but this does...

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL.

All along I have said he is one of the best scorers in the game. That shot proves absolutely nothing, except that he can do his job on the big stage. Let me know when he learns to play team basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

All along I have said he is one of the best scorers in the game. That shot proves absolutely nothing, except that he can do his job on the big stage. Let me know when he learns to play team basketball.
hmmmm...

s-l225.jpg

looks like he learned. The guy you said was the main reason the Cavs wouldnt win a title and they would be better of trading him, LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis took his team to the playoffs year before last. We're talking about the great Kyrie Irving though. 3 years in, his team wasn't even close to sniffing the playoffs. Honestly, I like Kyrie Irving as a player. Really exciting. But god, you make a lot of us want to talk him down. Think about that for a second.

And in the weak ass East no less.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and until he addresses the flaws, he won't be anywhere near the top 10 except in the minds of people who don't understand the importance of defense and ball movement.

In other words...Wiggy. :dhd:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can continue to believe what you want about Kyrie, but bottom line is that we won't know for sure until he and LeBron are no longer teammates. When that happens, I will be proven correct unless he changes the way he plays.

For the record though, I still think I am dead on about Kyrie. Cleveland won a title. They earned it, but all of my comments were assuming both teams would be at full strength. Golden state clearly wasn't. Hopefully we see part 3 with both teams healthy in 2017.

Yes, I still believe Kyrie is one of the 5 most overrated players in basketball today, and until he addresses the flaws, he won't be anywhere near the top 10 except in the minds of people who don't understand the importance of defense and ball movement.

Really, aside from Cleveland outlasting a depleted and beat up Warriors squad, there is nothing wrong with what I said above.

Its funny to hear you making excuses, yet the first finals that took 6 games and the cavs were completely missing 2 of their best players we couldn't mention as an excuse we were told lol....some idiots went as far as saying we were better with delly starting lol....Cleveland wasn't at full strength this year either if we are going down the excuse path, i just never felt the need to make them but since you are i might as welll.....Love missed a game with a concussion, our starting center never recovered from his knee problem from the year before, and Irving had an injury in the ecf....

The only thing worse than hearing an injury excuse for players, is hearing one for a guy who played in every game.....At least when Love and Irving were injured they were actually injured and missed every game and had major surgery in the offseason....Yet we were told that was an excuse....Now we are making excuses for players that played and throwing out random % of how healthy they were...Man up....SMH...LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny to hear you making excuses, yet the first finals that took 6 games and the cavs were completely missing 2 of their best players we couldn't mention as an excuse we were told lol....some idiots went as far as saying we were better with delly starting lol....Cleveland wasn't at full strength this year either if we are going down the excuse path, i just never felt the need to make them but since you are i might as welll.....Love missed a game with a concussion, our starting center never recovered from his knee problem from the year before, and Irving had an injury in the ecf....

The only thing worse than hearing an injury excuse for players, is hearing one for a guy who played in every game.....At least when Love and Irving were injured they were actually injured and missed every game and had major surgery in the offseason....Yet we were told that was an excuse....Now we are making excuses for players that played and throwing out random % of how healthy they were...SMH...LOL
great post. the curry stuff is just the worst case of whining.

the guy scored 20 in overtime like a month before the Finals started. He had a grade 1 strain and was expected to be out 2 weeks- and the Finals was well over a month after the injury.

Now- im not going to say he was 100%- but no one is 100% in June in the NBA- its a convenient excuse for Curry who also had what I thought was a fairly sub par Finals the year before. Thus far we have seen him on the biggest stage twice and I did not see one unbelievable-this-guy-is-the-MVP once in a generation type performance out of him that we regularly see out of LeBron on the biggest stage. I always thought great players were supposed to step up in the Finals- not shrink and blame injuries from weeks before after playing.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post. the curry stuff is just the worst case of whining.

the guy scored 20 in overtime like a month before the Finals started. He had a grade 1 strain and was expected to be out 2 weeks- and the Finals was well over a month after the injury.

Now- im not going to say he was 100%- but no one is 100% in June in the NBA- its a convenient excuse for Curry who also had what I thought was a fairly sub par Finals the year before. Thus far we have seen him on the biggest stage twice and I did not see one unbelievable-this-guy-is-the-MVP once in a generation type performance out of him that we regularly see out of LeBron on the biggest stage. I always thought great players were supposed to step up in the Finals- not shrink and blame injuries from weeks before after playing.

They are buthurt...And seeing Kyrie drop the most points in the history of the finals as a 2nd option at a high % has really done a number on the kyrie haters as well...lol i love it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are buthurt...And seeing Kyrie drop the most points in the history of the finals as a 2nd option at a high % has really done a number on the kyrie haters as well...lol i love it
Kyrie's and LeBron's 40 point games in Game 5 were unbelievable. The best 1-2 combo in a Finals game i can remember. To win that game in Golden State was huge. It allowed the Cavs to get back home and have LeBron do his thing as one of the greatest ever in Game 6. --And of course the game winner in game 7 was legendary.

You can see why LeBron wanted to come back to Cleveland and has such high praise for this kid. If you were going to hitch your wagon to an up and coming super star- Kyrie Irving was certainly a great one for LeBron to pick.

The fact that he is so versatile- can play on or off the ball, and lights it up from the outside makes him an ideal running mate with LeBron- especially as LeBron ages. IF the Cavs are smart- they will continue treating LeBron more like the Spurs did with Duncan than the Lakers did with Kobe- and Kyrie is PLENTY capable of carrying the team at times when LeBron is forced to rest by the team's Front Office.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to beat htat Golden State team- the way they did it- coming back from down 3-1 - , and doing it with positively spectacular performances from LeBron and Kyrie was amazing.

Its exciting that the whole team is coming back for the most part. The scary thing is- this team has not even reached its peak in my opinion. It finally seemed like last year after Blatt was replaced the team got to a good place mentally and improved its offense and its sets.

Another year of continuity in Lue's system should only keep the Cavs improving and growing their ceiling. I bet we see Kevin Love take a step up this season as he was CLEARLY much more comfortable and involved once Lue took over.

Let these guys play together under Lue for a full season and add in all the experience from a Championship run and you will see the best Cavs team yet out on the floor this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie is a basketball god like all the homers are claiming, how come he didn't make an All-NBA team this year?

In fact, in his five years in the NBA, he only made the 3rd team once.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie is a basketball god like all the homers are claiming, how come he didn't make an All-NBA team this year?

In fact, in his five years in the NBA, he only made the 3rd team once.
:puzzled: