• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Tucker and Frank Beamer

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the interview that someone mentioned in the "signing day" thread...pretty good read...here is one excerpt from it that i liked:

ON FANS (AND HIS WIFE) CLAMORING FOR HIM TO HIRE HIS SON SHANE, WHO’S NOW BEEN AN ASSISTANT COACH AND TOP RECRUITER FOR THREE SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS AND WHETHER HIS STAFF WILL CHANGE AT ALL BEFORE NEXT FALL: “Well, we’ll see. I do think this, as far as Shane goes: He’s really worked hard to be a good coach and really worked hard at recruiting. I think he’s really, really good at what he does. So I think you’re always thinking about things and can you make (the staff) better and so forth. So we’ll see.”

ON WHETHER IT’S FAIR TO SAY IT’S POSSIBLE BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT SEASON THAT SHANE JOINS HIS STAFF: “Before we get into all that, before I think about that part, we’re going to finish off recruiting here. That’s kind of what we need to do right now.”

Kyle Tucker | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man i'd love to see some "shake up" in our staff.
My dream scenario:

We fire newsome and *promote* stiney to offensive line coach/recruiting coordinator and bring back Rickey Bustle as OC. Then either cav or hite retires and we get Shane. <---If hite retires we could even throw the executive head coach title (or whatever its called) on stiney to make him feel good.

This scenario is based mainly for the purpose of recruiting but i think that still gives us excellent game day coaches and should be a big boost to recruiting. Imagine a recruiting team led by Stiney with TG and Shane as his lead men.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: there are a lot of rumors floating around on multiple sites that changes are coming. Dont know how credible any of them are but the rumors are out there.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunz, this isn't a knock on you so please don't take it as such. But I never thought I'd see the day anybody clamored to have Bustle back as OC. I guess that's just how bad Stinespring has been. Granted, he's had his ups, but the downs far outweigh them.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Bustle back ANYDAY over Stiney. He wouldn't be my first choice, but at least he knew how to use his players a bit more effectively than Stinenut.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Bustle back ANYDAY over Stiney. He wouldn't be my first choice, but at least he knew how to use his players a bit more effectively than Stinenut.

Believe me, I wasn't trying to advocate for Stiney. Just saying Bustle wasn't exactly an offensive genius either. Granted, compared to Stiney he is Gus freaking Malzahn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm campaigned for my little e-trade guy (<-------) to step in multiple times throughout my stay here in bburg, i dont know how much o-knowledge he's got, but i trust its more than stiney, or at the very least, less predictable

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have said it once, I have said it 1000 times. There are two guys out there that are the perfect fit for the Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach position in Blacksburg:

ncf_i_waltharris_195.jpg

Right now he is the OC at Cal U in Pennsylvania

ncf_g_friedgen_200.jpg

Right now he is probably at his lake house, checking on the plants in his neighbor's (Frank Beamer) house.

Ricky Bustle brings back memories of tossing the rock deep, but i would take either of these guys in a hearbeat.

Dump O'Cain.

Dump Newsome (sorry poop)

Move Stiney to OL/TE coach and recruiting coordinator

Bring in one of these two guys.

When Cav leaves next year, go get Shane and bring him in as OLB/Rover/Whip coach

Get Stiney back in the 757
Get Fridge to work with Foster in the 703/202/301

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw somewhere else...i think it was an article before the orange bowl where Beamer kind of hinted at if there were to be any kind of opening, Shane and Fridge would be some looked at

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw somewhere else...i think it was an article before the orange bowl where Beamer kind of hinted at if there were to be any kind of opening, Shane and Fridge would be some looked at

I would hope so. You know how long I have been banging the "Walt Harris" drum over at disney as well. I just lit into dafunk a bit there as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hunz, this isn't a knock on you so please don't take it as such. But I never thought I'd see the day anybody clamored to have Bustle back as OC. I guess that's just how bad Stinespring has been. Granted, he's had his ups, but the downs far outweigh them.

I Honestly threw Bustle's name out there for a couple of reasons. 1)He's available 2)He (like friedgen) has ties to beamer and is in franks "good ol boys club" so i could realistically see him being hired. <--- what i mean is that beams isnt going to go out and hire some "hot name" that he knows nothing about. 3)He would be very familiar with the staff and how things work @ VT 4)He has most likely created some "in roads" to some good LA high schools (recruiting) 5) hokiesports.com <----- #1 offenses, 42 ppg, etc etc. All with far less talent than we get today.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Honestly threw Bustle's name out there for a couple of reasons. 1)He's available 2)He (like friedgen) has ties to beamer and is in franks "good ol boys club" so i could realistically see him being hired. <--- what i mean is that beams isnt going to go out and hire some "hot name" that he knows nothing about. 3)He would be very familiar with the staff and how things work @ VT 4)He has most likely created some "in roads" to some good LA high schools (recruiting) 5) hokiesports.com <----- #1 offenses, 42 ppg, etc etc. All with far less talent than we get today.

Those are very good points, and one's that I hadn't considered or heard before.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Those are very good points, and one's that I hadn't considered or heard before.

FWIW: Im hearing a lot more about fridge than bustle or anyone else <--- still really have no idea if anything will happen at all, but there's "smoke", now we just gotta wait for the "fire".

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good post on GC about this issue. Hopefully a "fire" as you mention will occur.

2011 National Signing Day: Virginia Tech Football's Thin Line Between Consistency and Complacency - Gobbler Country

Also guys, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here in our forum all the time (sorry if it is perceived this way). I just see a glaring issue which I think REALLY should be addressed. If I didn't care I wouldn't post I guess.

good read, short, simple, but addressed the issue's most/all of us know VT has.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To be honest i thought we were seeing the "changes" already in our recruiting and i kinda figured that would be the end of it, but the rumors of staff changes keep reappearing on the boards. I still dont know if anything is going to happen but the rumors definitely arent going away. Dont have access to any of the USC-E boards but i wonder if there is anything brewing (on their sites) about shane?