• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Fuller

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is the top priority for the team right now.

Lock him up or tag him.

I was shocked last year, when he missed the season after a knee scope. I felt he was a kid with a good pedigree, and after a pretty impressive rookie season, he seemed prone to excel. The scope stuff had me second-guessing him, but I really think he's a baller. He can play. I say tag him, and call it a year try out. If he produces for a second consecutive season. Pay him.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me. Pay me. Fuck.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how everyone "was on the Kyle Fuller bandwagon". Everybody wanted him gone last year. Except, you guessed it, the genius. I always liked Fuller, even after last year. And here we are again, the genius was right again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how everyone "was on the Kyle Fuller bandwagon". Everybody wanted him gone last year. Except, you guessed it, the genius. I always liked Fuller, even after last year. And here we are again, the genius was right again.

Nobody wanted him gone. Many did however question his heart and passion when he missed the whole year due to a routine knee scope, and that is completely understandable. Most that I've seen have liked the kid, tho I do recall a few saying he wasn't big enough early on.

Either way, you're an annoying faggot.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wanted him gone. Many did however question his heart and passion when he missed the whole year due to a routine knee scope, and that is completely understandable. Most that I've seen have liked the kid, tho I do recall a few saying he wasn't big enough early on.

This happens every time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have access to his medicals like the Bears do, but this looks like a guy you may want to bite the bullet on. Bears can absorb a lot of his cap hit year 1 and minimize the risk to their contention years if and when Fuller doesn't pan out. Hopefully Fuller looks like the guy from last year who was darn good.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This happens every time.

People thinking you're an annoying faggot?

Big shock there.

:pound:.........:pop2:.........

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have access to his medicals like the Bears do, but this looks like a guy you may want to bite the bullet on. Bears can absorb a lot of his cap hit year 1 and minimize the risk to their contention years if and when Fuller doesn't pan out. Hopefully Fuller looks like the guy from last year who was darn good.

With our two starting corners (Fuller/Amukamara) destined to hit UFA, along with our starting nickel (Callahan) who was the highest graded nickel per PFF (I believe). This position could go from "strength"... to completely barren very quickly.

We really need to find a way to not let Fuller slip away. The deadline is Tuesday afternoon to use the tag (not expected).

However, the Bears do seem to have a sense of urgency.

As Bears claim 'pretty aggressive' talks with Kyle Fuller, a deeper look at their cornerback situation

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our two starting corners (Fuller/Amukamara) destined to hit UFA, along with our starting nickel (Callahan) who was the highest graded nickel per PFF (I believe). This position could go from "strength"... to completely barren very quickly.

We really need to find a way to not let Fuller slip away. The deadline is Tuesday afternoon to use the tag (not expected).

However, the Bears do seem to have a sense of urgency.

As Bears claim 'pretty aggressive' talks with Kyle Fuller, a deeper look at their cornerback situation

If they can't reach an agreement, I wouldn't be too surprised if they tag him.

I think Amukamara and Callahan need to be re-signed as well.

I agree with the contention that a team strength would suddenly be barren, and I don't care how loaded the draft is, you can't replace that with rookies.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the contention that a team strength would suddenly be barren, and I don't care how loaded the draft is, you can't replace that with rookies.
It'd be nonsensical and arrogant. If worst comes to worst they got to tag him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have to know that the defense is their best unit right now.
I'm putting my faith that the Bears just do the right thing by any means necessary.
They improved to the 10th best defensive unit in yards allowed.
(This despite being on the field (tied) for 6th longest with an average TOP of 31:38.)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have to know that the defense is their best unit right now.
I'm putting my faith that the Bears just do the right thing by any means necessary.
They improved to the 10th best defensive unit in yards allowed.
(This despite being on the field (tied) for 6th longest with an average TOP of 31:38.)

Yup, and Fuller was a huge part of that. He had a great year. Reward him.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB was not the problem last year, I say bring both starters back in and draft one or two more.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem. Fuller performed great in a contract year where he had to. Aside from last year he hasn't been very good. So do you give in and give him a lucrative contract based on one year because the Bears absolutely need him? This is a very tricky situation for Pace. I doubt Fuller gets tagged because I don't think Pace feels Fullers deserves that kind of money and neither do I.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem. Fuller performed great in a contract year where he had to. Aside from last year he hasn't been very good. So do you give in and give him a lucrative contract based on one year because the Bears absolutely need him? This is a very tricky situation for Pace. I doubt Fuller gets tagged because I don't think Pace feels Fullers deserves that kind of money and neither do I.

He had a decent rookie year, but I actually agree with you to an extent, particularly on it being a tricky situation. He may not be worth a lucrative contract, but I also don't think we can afford to let him walk either.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm a genius this is what Fuller wants: I believe Fuller has all intentions of leaving the Bears. I don't think he wants to continue playing for Chicago. He wants to move on. And because of that *only* if we overpay will he stay. Because money talks and Fox is no longer here.

So, do you overpay for Fuller? Or let him walk? Tough call here because it's not unreasonable to think he played over his head last year. Fuller is likely the type of player in between his rookie season and last year. Which means he's a good CB but not a great one. But it'll take a great CB price tag for him to stay in Chicago. Tricky. Pace is going to be tested here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have placed the transition tag on Fuller.

Chicago Bears place transition tag on Kyle Fuller

Slapping the transition designation on Fuller means the Bears can match any offer the 26-year-old cover man might receive on the open market. The one-year tag is worth $12.971 million, down $2 million from the $14.975 million value of the franchise tag.