• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kwanzaa starts in 4 days

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First-time celebrant right here. I'm pretty confused about what I'm supposed to do but I'm pretty sure I have to worship fruit. Sounds like my kind of holiday and religion.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all sounds too complicated for me. Personally I've never really understood Hanuka either, probably because it wasn't explained well enough. The way I understand it, the Jews were in a war situation and they took inventory of their oil and thought they were going to run out soon. The day came when they thought they would be out, and they still had oil. It ended up lasting for an extra 8 days after that. I mean, I'm glad everything worked out, but that kind of shit happens to me all the time. I'll be driving on 95 and the fuel gauge is buried on "E" and I'll be all worried about running out of gas, so I drive slower and sometimes I end up going an extra 40 or 50 miles. I'm always grateful when I make it to a gas station, but it never occured to me to turn it into a week long holiday.....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, all my other friends are getting cool Christmas gifts, but the fact that I know I will have eternal life because of watermelon is a far better gift than anything they're getting.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I think this board may have officially bottomed out. What a boring off season. I'm sure when Amaro gave Howard that ridiculous contract a few years ago he had no idea he was setting in motion a chain of events that would lead to this. I miss the glory days of the old ESPN board when the Phillies were the team to beat and even the off season was interesting. I almost miss that guy from the Braves board that would post those 5 page essays on how the steroid use of the '93 Phillies cost the Braves another world series title.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do you get to air your grievances?

Tomorrow... festivus is on december 23rd.

Airing of grievances happens after the Festivus dinner.

The good news is that you can wrestle Amaro in the feats of strength. Once you beat some sense into him, perhaps Amaro coming to his senses would constitute the Festivus miracle.