• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kurt Busch signs with Stewart-Haas

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Busch chooses to join Stewart-Haas Racing starting in 2014 - ESPN

Not that Tony Stewart gives a shit what I or anyone else thinks, but this is shitty. Tony says that he was not re-signing Ryan Newman because he didn't have the money to fund a 4th team, but now all of a sudden they have the money? And to beat all, Ryan Newman is supposed to be his best friend?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be more to this story yet to come out. Whether Newman had another deal or Tony and Ryan had a "falling out," or I suppose it could be Tony just fucked his friend. I'm sure it'll all come out.

They should call this team "badasses" or "badboys of nascar." These three hotheads on one team? I like it. Now, if they would just kick Danica to the curb or make a pron, runnin' the train on her.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...there's too many assholes for things to go smoothly.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a bad move for Kurt!!! I'm not a Kurt fan but the guy has done his damnest to clean up his image!!! I mean he used to run on top contending teams and was a total hot head. Now after two years on a third tier team he has made them a name, and you havent heard about Kurt going off, so for the most part he has curbed his attitude. And lets face it having talent to win but shitty equipment is all any one needs to go off in NASCAR!!! But for the most part Kurt did good. I dont think Stewart is a good match for Harvick or Busch. Tony has proven one thing (IMO) that Tony is good for Tony. He couldn't get the right stuff for Ryan because it seemed like he had a point to prove...he could be a successful driver/owner. And for this Newman suffered. I think Tony is a good driver and could be a better owner, but he sucks as both!!! He is worried about him and not the other cars. I think that is where he failed Newman and is going to fail Harvick and Busch.... As for Danicant... she dont have to to shit.... she is a money machine if she wrecks the first lap of every race!!!

Hincheec

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Kurt Busch fan, and was disappointed to see him leave Furniture Row. I don't think Stewart Haas will be better for him, he will be just a fish in the pond, but at Furniture row, he was THE fish in the pond. He loves attention and he loves the whole "us vs. them" mentality. I don't think that Furniture Row is giving him crappy equipment, he is fast week in and week out.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this was all Gene Haas' doing, and that Tony did not want to add a 4th car if it wasn't for Ryan Newman.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marty-Smith-Reporter-Writer/277595166268?hc_location=stream

What if Smoke had put his foot down and said no?

Gene Haas: Never crossed that bridge. Tony does his own thing & I do my own thing. He wasn't especially enthralled w what I did. But I think he saw it my way. It's either or that or get out of the building. He has some power, but I do, too. The two powers balance each other out. If we don't win any races next year, hey, I look like an idiot. But I think we're going to win more races than anybody thought possible.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is way more to this. I think Ryan Newman is leaving Stewart-Haas because he is going to start his own team. Tony taught him the business end of owning a team. Remember when Dodge left they stated they wanted to return in 2014 with a premier team? I think that team is going to be owner/driver Newman in a Dodge with Matt Borland as crew chief and Dodge as one of his sponsers.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kurt would have been dumb to pass this up. What's truly better, being the big fish for a team that can't close the deal and constantly loses spots on pit road? Or being a fish for a multi-race winning, championship winning and, year in and year out championship contending team? It's funny to me, all of the posts I"ve read about this being a bad move for Kurt because he won't be the #1 driver on the team. Maybe he feels winning multiple races a year and winning a Sprint Cup are more important than being the only driver on the team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think you might be right BoredatWork. I think Tony likes the mix of having Harvick, Busch, and himself, three heavy hitters along with the money-maker Danica to keep the cash flow wick turned all the way up. Tony has three rings and I believe he is building an ownership empire to the likes of many of the heavies such as Penske, Ganassi, RCR, JGR, and maybe AndrettiAutosport. So, I think he really wants to dance with the big boys and like many of them, wants to be recognized as such in many different racing venues and series.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be more to this story yet to come out. Whether Newman had another deal or Tony and Ryan had a "falling out," or I suppose it could be Tony just fucked his friend. I'm sure it'll all come out.

They should call this team "badasses" or "badboys of nascar." These three hotheads on one team? I like it. Now, if they would just kick Danica to the curb or make a pron, runnin' the train on her.

LOL at reporting a mod to himself :pound:

cyorgan, you stupid

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is way more to this. I think Ryan Newman is leaving Stewart-Haas because he is going to start his own team. Tony taught him the business end of owning a team. Remember when Dodge left they stated they wanted to return in 2014 with a premier team? I think that team is going to be owner/driver Newman in a Dodge with Matt Borland as crew chief and Dodge as one of his sponsers.

Oooorrrrr, it could be possible that Newman heads to AndrettiAutosport and they get their start with Newman as it's premier driver and someone like Aric Almirola as the 2nd driver.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at reporting a mod to himself :pound:

cyorgan, you stupid

yup dumber than a box of rocks .. he dont get we are all adults here and the stuff that he is reporting is allowed .. cryo you fuck stick knock it off nothing is going to happen your being a pain in the ass with the bullshit reports

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooorrrrr, it could be possible that Newman heads to AndrettiAutosport and they get their start with Newman as it's premier driver and someone like Aric Almirola as the 2nd driver.

GROW UP!! This is an adult board. If you can't handle the language, you should move on.

:finger:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO the reasons cryo had in his report post was hilarious. If you wouldn't want to watch Danica get a train ran on her, you are a fuckin queer.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO the reasons cryo had in his report post was hilarious. If you wouldn't want to watch Danica get a train ran on her, you are a fuckin queer.

Hell, I forgot about the "runnin' the train" comment. lol. I thought it was the language. Either way, he's at the wrong track.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I forgot about the "runnin' the train" comment. lol. I thought it was the language. Either way, he's at the wrong track.

He wants to see Newman and Amirola run a train on him while he bites down on the safer barrier!!!!

:lol: