• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubiak fired

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is the first axe of the season. Can not lie, could be nice OC. Just not sure his scheme of zone blocking suits our personnel. Do like his vertical game though. You guys are great critics. Tell me why I am wrong or right. Never profess to the football gurus some do here. I do know I hate Linehan's vanilla ass no foot to the pedal conservative ass offense.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak is the first axe of the season. Can not lie, could be nice OC. Just not sure his scheme of zone blocking suits our personnel. Do like his vertical game though. You guys are great critics. Tell me why I am wrong or right. Never profess to the football gurus some do here. I do know I hate Linehan's vanilla ass no foot to the pedal conservative ass offense.

Great fire by the Texans. Watched Swearinger make not 1 but two horrible horrible mistakes to cost his team and the guy didn't pull him out for one play. Can't let the convicts run the asylum.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to happen.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take almost any OC or HC over what we have now.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take almost any OC or HC over what we have now.

Well, that's pretty straight forward, although a bit all encompassing. Reminds me of the teenagers that think everyone else has it better.

As to Kubiak, he may just be another demonstration of the Peter Principle, rising to one level above where he should be. Being an OC may be where he is most productive. For the Lions, Linnehan has shown moments of opening up the playbook, but as others have noted, he hasn't really gotten the Offense to work four periods of consistently. Maybe it's more feeling than reality, yet it seems like the Lions aren't putting continuous offensive pressure on our opponents throughout the game.

Would he be a better OC than what we have? Not sure. Last year's biggest problem from my perspective was Special Teams, which has only been half addressed. The big plays aren't being given up as to the opposition, yet I'm not that confident in Akers making field goals. This year's biggest problem is turn over differential on Offense. I wouldn't want to lay that solely at the feet of the coaching staff, but if it was, then the problem is the HC, not the OC. Changing the OC won't address the Schwartz level of leadership.

Last edited by a moderator: