• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kraft Voted to Give Goodell The Power

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will just have to see. The main thing I am having trouble balancing here though is you keep saying Jimmy G won't have as much on his shoulders but then keep telling me to not worry about the run game because the Pats are a passing team. So to me if the offense goes through the QB being successful in the passing game then yeah lots of pressure on Jimmy G to be big to start off his career for the Patriots to win. I see teams really getting up on the LOS and making those early windows tight and forcing him to either throw into a tight window or hold onto the ball a bit longer putting more pressure on the OL to hold up and Jimmy G not to have the big turnover.

Because you assume a passing game is a high attack game. Jimmy will be placed in game management mode, and they will rely heavy on their def. It's not that complicated.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two headed monster? Based on what? Bennet being let go for underperforming????

Bennett being substantially better than the #2 TE from 2015. He doesn't have to put up MVP numbers, and his job is more than catching. Gronk and Bennett combined have potential to be a deadly combo, especially in the red.

Do you even look at their numbers before spouting off? Typical Steeler fan.

Gronk 15 games - 120 targets, 72 receptions, 60% catch,78.4 y/g.
Bennett 11 games - 80 targets, 53 receptions, 66.3% catch, 39.9 y/g.

Not drastically different, Gronk certainly having the advantage and is the better TE. Bennetts' presence provides protection relief for Gronk, something he has been lacking. He makes it harder to hyper focus on Gronk, and you will still have Julian and Lewis running around to be concerned with.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of all this Goodell-has-made-them-money shit. Of course he has. Has he made them as much as he could have is the question.

Kraft has made them more money than Goodell. Goodell is just a firewall for the owners. Kraft is the key to the tv deals, where they make most of there money.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy in charge is the guy in charge, unless I don't personally like him, then he's just a fucking figurehead!
He's a fucking figure head, lol

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say they have done some to take their running game from one of the worst to maybe average especially to start out since they will have a lot of new moving pieces. See that is the other part of this is not only new QB, but new OL players, RB's coming back from injury, WR's coming back from injury, and of course a new TE to get implemented into the system. So a lot of moving pieces plus I would bet Brady and Jimmy G are splitting 1st string reps for Training Camp and Pre Season so not as many snaps with the 1st string as maybe you would want. So I could see some confusion early on in the offense as they all adjust to each other and the new timing and such.

Again I have never said the Patriots will be bad and it wouldn't shock me to see them go say 3-1 with Jimmy G at the helm. Maybe they get a few breaks to go their way and they end up 4-0. The Patriots really are a wildcard team though those first 4 weeks because of such an unknown at the QB position and a system designed so much around the QB having success.
No but you did infer their running game may suck and they haven't done anything to improve over last season. That's simply not true. Not to mention Devlin their FB was out all year last year along with RB #1 and RB # 2. If the Pats need to run the ball, they will be fine. No they won't have a 1200+ yard runner but they don't need one either.
Agree splitting snaps with the number ones could have a small impact? Luckily it's year 3 for Jimmy G so it's not a huge learning curve. It will be interesting to see how many snaps the rookie gets. That would really suck if Jimmy G went down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett being substantially better than the #2 TE from 2015. He doesn't have to put up MVP numbers, and his job is more than catching. Gronk and Bennett combined have potential to be a deadly combo, especially in the red.

Not drastically different, Gronk certainly having the advantage and is the better TE. Bennetts' presence provides protection relief for Gronk, something he has been lacking. He makes it harder to hyper focus on Gronk, and you will still have Julian and Lewis running around to be concerned with.
Don't forget Danny A and Chris Higan running around as well. Then there is the possibility White, Gaffney or Foster can contrinbute coming out of the backfield? As well as Lucien man I hope he lives up to the early hype and continues to improve thru camp.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but you did infer their running game may suck and they haven't done anything to improve over last season. That's simply not true. Not to mention Devlin their FB was out all year last year along with RB #1 and RB # 2. If the Pats need to run the ball, they will be fine. No they won't have a 1200+ yard runner but they don't need one either.
Agree splitting snaps with the number ones could have a small impact? Luckily it's year 3 for Jimmy G so it's not a huge learning curve. It will be interesting to see how many snaps the rookie gets. That would really suck if Jimmy G went down.

I implied I don't know what your run game is going to be. I said they have shown some signs of improvement with the hiring of Scar, a couple of new pieces to play with and some health to the RB's but I also see some issues with the group such as the RB's you do have have shown difficulty staying healthy. OL wise still have to see what they will be like. QB wise we have no idea what Jimmy G will be. Yes its his 3rd year but we have seen plenty of promising QB's come in and struggle even while learning from a HOF QB. Heck Broncos just went through this waiting for Osweiler to develop and while he did decent finally in his 4th year it wasn't anything to get excited about either.

Mostly I just need to see how this offense functions with so many new moving parts to it for these first 4 games. Yes they could all come together and still be an explosive offense and everything is fine but they coudl also really struggle and we watch the Patriots limp through those first 4 games waiting for Brady to get back. We just don't know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again, opinions, "monsters":lol: from the man who says people cant differentiate facts from assumptions, your assuming alot here

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Interestingly enough, the Patriots’ odds to win Super Bowl 51 have held firm despite Brady’s decision to end his fight with the league."
Well he's not missing any playoff games and the patriots always make the playoffs with that hilariously inept division.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I implied I don't know what your run game is going to be. I said they have shown some signs of improvement with the hiring of Scar, a couple of new pieces to play with and some health to the RB's but I also see some issues with the group such as the RB's you do have have shown difficulty staying healthy. OL wise still have to see what they will be like. QB wise we have no idea what Jimmy G will be. Yes its his 3rd year but we have seen plenty of promising QB's come in and struggle even while learning from a HOF QB. Heck Broncos just went through this waiting for Osweiler to develop and while he did decent finally in his 4th year it wasn't anything to get excited about either.

Mostly I just need to see how this offense functions with so many new moving parts to it for these first 4 games. Yes they could all come together and still be an explosive offense and everything is fine but they coudl also really struggle and we watch the Patriots limp through those first 4 games waiting for Brady to get back. We just don't know.
Some of that goes without saying. We haven't even started camp yet. So speculation is the same for most teams.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of all this Goodell-has-made-them-money shit. Of course he has. Has he made them as much as he could have is the question.

And the owners seem to be voting with their chequebooks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the owners seem to be voting with their chequebooks.

Anyone's going to making that kind of money and it's peanuts to the owners. Tell me about Goodell's keen insight? NFL in London?....cripes you're going up against soccer.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone's going to making that kind of money and it's peanuts to the owners. Tell me about Goodell's keen insight? NFL in London?....cripes you're going up against soccer.

So let me get this logic straight. Goodell's salary is 'peanuts,' but we should be worried about the league making some fraction MORE money that they're losing out on?

Look, I get it, you guys don't LIKE Goodell. Understandable.

I didn't like some of the 'suits' that have headed some of the companies I worked for either.

But my opinion didn't fucking matter.

The owner's opinions matter in this case, and they're voting with their wallets. Their ever fattening wallets. Their licence to print money wallets. Their 'I have an appreciating asset that's virtually recession proof' wallets.

Yours and/or my opinion? Pfffft. Meaningless.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course one of the three owners that determines his compensation is Kraft - Roger's pay inexplicably dropped to $33mil this year.

Yes, it is an absurd amount of money for a chimp - perhaps the owners feel the position of sh*t screen has to be compensated more than the highest paid player.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course one of the three owners that determines his compensation is Kraft - Roger's pay inexplicably dropped to $33mil this year.

Yes, it is an absurd amount of money for a chimp - perhaps the owners feel the position of sh*t screen has to be compensated more than the highest paid player.

Or, the simplest answer usually being the best, he's done what they've wanted him to do.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft has made them more money than Goodell. Goodell is just a firewall for the owners. Kraft is the key to the tv deals, where they make most of there money.

The league sells itself on its own merits. Kraft may have been instrumental in the tv negotiations, but he wasn't the key, the product was.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's a pimple on the owners asses. He's just a player, an old player. This is why Goodell is where he is.

The N.F.L.’s total revenue in 2015 ($12.4 billion) is nearly double that of a decade earlier ($6.6 billion). The price of television ads during the Super Bowl has increased by more than 75 percent over the last decade. This year’s conference championship games set yet another viewership record for the league: 53.3 million people watched the A.F.C. game on CBS; 45.7 million watched the N.F.C. game on Fox. Goodell talks constantly about ‘‘growing the pie,’’ finding new revenue streams and ways to make the N.F.L. a ‘‘year-round’’ experience rather than just during fall and winter. He has said he wants the N.F.L. to achieve $25 billion in gross revenue by 2027.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this logic straight. Goodell's salary is 'peanuts,' but we should be worried about the league making some fraction MORE money that they're losing out on?

Look, I get it, you guys don't LIKE Goodell. Understandable.

I didn't like some of the 'suits' that have headed some of the companies I worked for either.

But my opinion didn't fucking matter.

The owner's opinions matter in this case, and they're voting with their wallets. Their ever fattening wallets. Their licence to print money wallets. Their 'I have an appreciating asset that's virtually recession proof' wallets.

Yours and/or my opinion? Pfffft. Meaningless.

Well that was a long post. It doesn't address Roger's keen insight though.