• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant dead at 41

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, one-nut.

Less than 2 years ago you were worshiping the shit that came out of Lebrons ass after Taco Tuesday and now you're giving him hell for a heartfelt IG post after one of his closest friends tragically died?

Stick to what you do best: Hiding

wiggy's only true agenda on SportsHoopla now is to trash LeBron at every opportunity. He's been doing that nonstop since he went to the Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's only true agenda on SportsHoopla now is to trash LeBron at every opportunity. He's been doing that nonstop since he went to the Lakers.

I mean, he's been wrong on damn near everything else...

but hey, Kobe dying gave the barfbag an excuse to ooze his dumb ass back here...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kobe-bryant-dead-apos-ll-032546512.html

look at the comments.

see a theme?

here is a smattering:

It's all about James.

Always seeking attention!

Weird post by Lebron, he makes it about him and how he's going to carry the franchise on his back and continue his legacy? Why can't he just pay his respects and leave it at that?

Go Home to Cleveland LeBron!

as usual, LeBron is trying to grab some attention. cant wait to see the stunt he pulls at the next lakers game.

It's always about him. No offense Lebron i know he was your friend. But you will never be considered a true laker like he was. The NBA is not going to roll over for you.
R I P to all the families whos loved ones are in heaven

Very selfish lebrons message. He says it's his responsibility to carry on for Kobe? You are a rent a laker and should of just said your condolences.

Hey LeBron, I got news for you. This isn’t about you right now. Go back to Cleveland and lay low.
Or you could double down on the stupid

Welcome back.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he's been wrong on damn near everything else...

but hey, Kobe dying gave the barfbag an excuse to ooze his dumb ass back here...

Yeah he used a tradegy to return to the NBA threads & spew his BS. Just another example of why he's a loser.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just my own personal thing on Kobe:

I heard the news while i was playing a video game actually. I rarely IF EVER play video games but I just got a new computer. There is a chat function and people were saying KOBE RIP. I did not think for a second it could be the Kobe Bryant. I soon searched google and saw the TMZ article that I am sure so many people learned of the catastrophe from.

From Princess Diana to Michael Jackson to Prince to Antonin Scalia to Chris Farley........this is the one celebrity death that really hit me...

I think part of it was just how unexpected it was. So many of the other celebrities that died had issues or led high risk lives or were older....Kobe truly had so much more to live for. The guy transitioned from one of the 10 best basketball players of all time to being an Oscar winner. It just seemed that there was so much more ahead of him- that he was going to be a presence at Lakers games and on the sideline and making movies etc. for years to come. Not only that, but also to have such a big family and to so clearly being a present and great dad. The guy was in shape, didnt abuse any drugs or alcohol.

i know countless other people were looking forward to his Hall of Fame entry speech this summer. With how inspirational Kobe was, I could not wait to hear what he had to say and hear him reflect on his career. it is a tragedy that we will not get the privilege of hearing his acceptance speech.

i will personally always remember Kobe for how he inspired other NBA players. Jordan, LeBron, Bird, Magic, AI, etc......it did not seem like any of them held the reverence by other players like Kobe. Even in other sports. Other pro athletes loved Kobe. I really do not think there is a pro athlete out there that inspired more pro athletes the way that Kobe did. Its something that none of us will really ever get as we did not see that side of him like many of those guys did.

this is one of my favorite Kobe quotes- because i think it really encapsulates his spirit---- that he pushed the limits and pushed his talent to the max:

"It's really a testament to the power of imagination, honestly," Bryant told ESPN.com earlier this month. "There's a lot of players who come up now who don't think 80 points is possible. You think 50, and if you're really hot -- 60. I never had that limit. Ever. I never, ever thought that way. I always thought 80 was possible. I thought 90 was possible. I thought 100 was possible. Always. I think that game is a testament to what happens when you put no ceiling to what you're capable of doing."

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bantering with opposing fans is fun but this place is hopelessly muddied with some pathetic sons-o-bitches and that ruins it. I literally feel sick at some of the stuff said here, dancing on Kobe's grave, delighting in death and misery, the ripping apart of countless lives and families, unspeakable tragedy.

Life is too good to get sucked into some of the bullshit that goes on here. A little fun isn't worth the cost of getting tarnished by pathological hatred.

:suds:

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was trying to stay below the clouds. Problem was as he did so the terrain was rising. As he came closer to the mountains the fog got worst and thus visibility became less. It's not the cloud cover that was the problem. It was the fog.

That's certainly possible.
If so, the pilot should have stopped or reversed course to avoid flying further into the clouds/fog. When you are flying VFR/SVFR you must stay out of clouds/fog. In the unlikely event that you can't(clouds/fog below, above and all around) a helicopter should hover and declare an emergency with ATC. The controller would then either give the pilot an IFR clearance or some other control instructions to get them safely into clear air or on the ground.

Last edited:

El Goyo

handi gave me my cool av. Derrp. Oof.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously what was that guy thinking? go to the bathroom
What were the other fans thinking?! Hanging out with your kids?! I’m out of there running up the stairs and stuff. Get me a whole new section! Where was it? People didn’t seem to bothered. Midwest?

El Goyo

handi gave me my cool av. Derrp. Oof.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Times says Kobe’s helicopter NOT equipped with a terrain warning system!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bantering with opposing fans is fun but this place is hopelessly muddied with some pathetic sons-o-bitches and that ruins it. I literally feel sick at some of the stuff said here, dancing on Kobe's grave, delighting in death and misery, the ripping apart of countless lives and families, unspeakable tragedy.

Life is too good to get sucked into some of the bullshit that goes on here. A little fun isn't worth the cost of getting tarnished by pathological hatred.

:suds:
word up

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be that guy, and I don’t mean anything vicious or disrespectful by it, but as more news comes out there is a good chance Kobe killed these people forcing this pilot to fly.

The pilot hovered over an airport for 15 minutes - most likely debating whether to land and drive the rest of the way.

Who do you think ultimately made the deciding to push forward?

Prob not the pilot.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be that guy, and I don’t mean anything vicious or disrespectful by it, but as more news comes out there is a good chance Kobe killed these people forcing this pilot to fly.

The pilot hovered over an airport for 15 minutes - most likely debating whether to land and drive the rest of the way.

Who do you think ultimately made the deciding to push forward?

Prob not the pilot.

well this is what his former pilot said about that.

“There was never any pressure Kobe put on any pilot to get somewhere — never, never,” Deetz said. “I think he really understood professionalism. `You do your job. I trust you.’”

Which honestly sounds like Kobe. (The “I trust you to do your job”) part.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is what his former pilot said about that.

Which honestly sounds like Kobe. (The “I trust you to do your job”) part.

Agree. If Kobe didn't feel that he could trust the pilot to do his job, he wouldn't have let him fly his copter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanessa issued a statement today. They've also set up a charity for the families of the others killed in the crash and you can also donate Mamba Sports Foundation to help fund youth sports. So its nice to see that they intend to keep that going. Kobe was going to have big impact on youth sports, especially for girls.

Vanessa Bryant: 'We are completely devastated'