• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe #40

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told Mitch he wanted to return. He opted out to sign a longer term contract like many do. The Lakers then traded for Nash, thus moving on from Sessions. Sessions signed with Charlotte after the Lakers traded for Nash.

Sessions was 25yo at the time, hardly a journeyman. You are just the typical Kobe hater who slurped up that Abbott article.
The bolded above is true. Before he opted out though, you would have thought he would have been told by Mitch if they were going to offer him a 2yr deal. I just kept hearing over the years by LA fans that all players want to play for LA. So when a guy like Sessions opts out of his guaranteed 1yr deal you have to wonder what's up.

The reason I referred to him as a journeyman was because LA was his 4th team in the 5yrs he'd been in the league. Now he's working on his 6th team in like 9yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe clearly pissed off the folks at ESPN when he called them a bunch of idiots. Cowherd is now all butthurt for some reason.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't even respond to Logicman because no matter how many times you disprove his statements on the same topic, he will still say the same shit.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded above is true. Before he opted out though, you would have thought he would have been told by Mitch that they were going to offer him a 2yr deal. I just kept hearing over the years by LA fans that all players want to play for LA. So when a guy like Sessions opts out of his guaranteed 1yr deal you have to wonder what's up.

The reason I referred to him as a journeyman was because LA was his 4th team in the 5yrs he'd been in the league. Now he's working on his 6th team in like 9yrs.

Quit acting like players don't opt out of the last year of their deal, when they have that option, and then sign longer term deals. Shouldn't make anyone who has watched the NBA for awhile wonder what's up.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next person to make statements about how players don't want to play with Kobe or how the Lakers couldn't get major free agents because of Kobe, I dare you to name all the players.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Shaq Daddy giving me a thumbs down. That's mighty manly of you.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abbott claims Paul George resigned with Indiana because he didn't want to play with Kobe. Paul George disagrees....

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit acting like players don't opt out of the last year of their deal, when they have that option, and then sign longer term deals. Shouldn't make anyone who has watched the NBA for awhile wonder what's up.
Of course some players opt out of the last year of their deal. But a little surprising for a player like Sessions when the team is the Lakers.....no?

4.55mil is a lot of guaranteed money for a guy who more than likely would have been coming off the bench.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded above is true. Before he opted out though, you would have thought he would have been told by Mitch that they were going to offer him a 2yr deal. I just kept hearing over the years by LA fans that all players want to play for LA. So when a guy like Sessions opts out of his guaranteed 1yr deal you have to wonder what's up.

Not if you have a reasonable amount of intelligence you don't. Sessions wanted a longer term deal, so he took a gamble and opted out to get one. I remember people saying at the time that he was crazy to do it, but he and his agent decided it was worth the risk.

He and his agent figured that he had the Lakers over a barrel because they didn't appear to have any better options at PG. At the time that Sessions opted out, no one had any idea that the Nash trade was coming.

Sessions and his agents gamble backfired on them when the Nash trade happened and Sessions was stuck getting what he could. It was a worthwhile gamble given how things looked at the time. Unfortunately for Sessions (and the Lakers too, considering Nash's injury issues) things didn't work out quite the way he had hoped. To try and make it any more than that is simply reaching.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Shaq Daddy giving me a thumbs down.

That was actually done by accident; things don't always go to plan on a 3 inch iPhone screen. But seeing it was you I didn't decide to correct it when I noticed it later.

That's mighty manly of you.

I never realised this was a pissing contest. Are we going to whip our dicks out to compare size next?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course some players opt out of the last year of their deal. But a little surprising for a player like Sessions when the team is the Lakers.....no?

4.55mil is a lot of guaranteed money for a guy who more than likely would have been coming off the bench.

Considering the Lakers PG situation at the time, not at all surprising.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of players do, not just some. Quit spinning it like it was some unusual happening. You are looking desperate.

Sessions was the starter. He would likely have been the starter if the Lakers had resigned him. Keep trying.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bobcats also offered Sessions more money. All comes down to finances.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and his agent figured that he had the Lakers over a barrel because they didn't appear to have any better options at PG. At the time that Sessions opted out, no one had any idea that the Nash trade was coming.

I believe they had every intention of resigning him. He played well, at least until the playoffs. Then the Nash trade happened and the Lakers didn't need Sessions anymore. He then signed with Charlotte. All Kobe's fault though :L

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you have a reasonable amount of intelligence you don't. Sessions wanted a longer term deal, so he took a gamble and opted out to get one. I remember people saying at the time that he was crazy to do it, but he and his agent decided it was worth the risk.

Sessions and his agents gamble backfired on them when the Nash trade happened and Sessions was stuck getting what he could. It was a worthwhile gamble given how things looked at the time. Unfortunately for Sessions (and the Lakers too, considering Nash's injury issues) things didn't work out quite the way he had hoped. To try and make it any more than that is simply reaching.
Sorry Mr. great Ambassador of basketball. I just didn't think a guy who was playing for his 4th team in his 5th year would give up a chance to play another season with the team all players want to allegedly play for.

BK and I aren't worthy of your expertise knowledge....:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mr. great Ambassador of basketball. I just didn't think a guy who was playing for his 4th team in his 5th year would give up a chance to play another season with the team all players want to allegedly play for.

BK and I aren't worthy of your expertise knowledge....:suds:

And yet I still attempt to educate you both. I should probably just start charging you.

Additionally, you didn't say anything about Sessions playing for his 4th team in 5 years, had him leaving placed solely on Kobe and didn't mention any other possibility until you were proven wrong. Nice try though.