• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe #40

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...there's some truth to his reporting. That's not the first place you've heard some of that stuff about Bryant so its not like he made it up. There's no doubt there are players that would find him difficult to deal with. It's also 100% true he has no qualms about blasting teammates publicly. While a good portion of his rants are true (like Shaq being fat), it's sometimes best to keep some of that in house. So you can see how that type of behavior would turn people off. Kobe strikes me as someone that has a very high IQ but is also a bit of a sociopath. He doesn't really fully understand the emotions of other people and how what he sees as truths can be hurtful to others if taken a certain way.

Now how much of that contributes to the Lakers "downfall" is debatable. It seems ridiculous to pin it all on him. The story (conveniently) left out a HUGE reason for LA's current predicament; David Stern vetoing the Chris Paul trade. That was step 1 in the LA Front Office plan to transition into the next era. Had it gone through, it would have dramatically altered not only the Lakers, but damn near every team. Nothing we see today would be like it is. And if you remember, LA didn't include Andrew Bynum in that deal, meaning they still had the assets to bring Dwight Howard to LA as well. Suddenly that picture looks totally different if the Lakers have CP3, Howard, and Bryant on the team. Even if by chance both guys hated playing with Bryant, the way the contracts were set up, LA could have let Bryant walk in 2014 free agency and signed someone else (Melo, Lebron, Bosh, whoever) to play with Paul and Howard. So yeah, that's a pretty big detail to leave out.

Pretty much perfectly stated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?.......I never implied Kobe had nothing to do with those titles

Why you trying to deflect?

Then whats the point of mentioning Shaq and Phil?

Like I said, the key word was 'implied' and now you're trying to dig yourself out of that hole.

:lame:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...there's some truth to his reporting. That's not the first place you've heard some of that stuff about Bryant so its not like he made it up. There's no doubt there are players that would find him difficult to deal with. It's also 100% true he has no qualms about blasting teammates publicly. While a good portion of his rants are true (like Shaq being fat), it's sometimes best to keep some of that in house. So you can see how that type of behavior would turn people off. Kobe strikes me as someone that has a very high IQ but is also a bit of a sociopath. He doesn't really fully understand the emotions of other people and how what he sees as truths can be hurtful to others if taken a certain way.

Now how much of that contributes to the Lakers "downfall" is debatable. It seems ridiculous to pin it all on him. The story (conveniently) left out a HUGE reason for LA's current predicament; David Stern vetoing the Chris Paul trade

Jesus.....not this again. :L

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then whats the point of mentioning Shaq and Phil?

Like I said, the key word was 'implied' and now you're trying to dig yourself out of that hole.

:lame:
:rollseyes:

You're just being dumb. Take it like a man and move on.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

You're just being dumb. Take it like a man and move on.....

Because I don't want to spend any more time dealing with your ass, ima tell you how the rest of the conversation is going to go:

Me: Kobe has 5 championships shooting 25 attempts per game.
You: Only because he played with Shaq and had Phil coaching him
Me: Shut the fuck up

Now go do your homework; it's a school night!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can't score when you're shooting 22 & 23 shots? I will never be impressed with a player scoring mid 20s on 20 something attempts......that's pretty bad.

Guys like bron & Durant would be approaching 40 nightly if they were chucking up nearly 25 shots every night. Calderon can score 20 something points on 22 or 23 shots

HOLY FUCK!!!

image.jpg

KOBE TOOK 1.7 AND 2.5 MORE SHOTS THAN LEBRON AND DURANT!?!?!?

How can anybody else on the team even think about shooting...:L Come BK he takes less than 2 shots more than Bron... What the fuck are you talking about...?:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the fg percentage fron those 5 players in that time period. My guess is LeBron & wade blow those 3 out of the water while Durant is probably ahead of those 2.

You guys are missing my point. Kobe shot attempts is an issue. I just feel like in order for the Lakers to be successful, he needs to be more efficient. I don't think anyone would complain if he's shooting 22 shots in 45 or 46 percent....but if he's in the low 40s like 42 percent that is a problem.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the fg percentage fron those 5 players in that time period. My guess is LeBron & wade blow those 3 out of the water while Durant is probably ahead of those 2.

You guys are missing my point. Kobe shot attempts is an issue. I just feel like in order for the Lakers to be successful, he needs to be more efficient. I don't think anyone would complain if he's shooting 22 shots in 45 or 46 percent....but if he's in the low 40s like 42 percent that is a problem.

I totally agree with you....BUT....

This team is really bad.

They are going nowhere fast.

So, who would you rather see take 25 shots per game...

Kobe or Swaggy P?:gaah:

Seriously, they got blown out the first game against Utah and had to come back from 20 down to win the 2nd.

They don't have a good chance to win against the elite teams. But, Kobe gives them a punchers chance.

Somebody has to shoot:noidea:.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't type from my cellphone lol

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sessions opted out well before Nash was in the equation. Ramone chose free agency over opting in for 4.5mil guaranteed money for one more season with the Lakers.

What journey man opts out of 4.5mil guaranteed for 1yr?

Kobe was definitely part of his decision.

He told Mitch he wanted to return. He opted out to sign a longer term contract like many do. The Lakers then traded for Nash, thus moving on from Sessions. Sessions signed with Charlotte after the Lakers traded for Nash.

Sessions was 25yo at the time, hardly a journeyman. You are just the typical Kobe hater who slurped up that Abbott article.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the preseason. He's getting back into the swing of things after missing significant time. The Lakers are missing key scorers. Oh, and it's the preseason. Why does the preseason only matter with regards to the Lakers?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans, or rather, Kobe fans, will NEVER see this about kobe.

NOW you have agents writing articles about players not wanting to play with Kobe, and of course, the fact the Lakers really haven't been able to land any key FAs in a long while.

But NONE of this is evidence that people don't like playing with him. You guys can bury your heads in the sand better than most fanbases I've seen.

Kobe is arguably the greatest player of his generation.......but that very reason is why guys aren't lining up to play with him like they do Lebron. Kobe has a reputation of NEVER deferring to teammates......whether you think it is legit or not. And the PROOF is being played out every year he's out there running with scrubs.

Kobe is who he is. He believes he's better than every player on the court, whether its true or not. And he's going to play HIS way. That's not always very attractive to other guys.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOW you have agents writing articles about players not wanting to play with Kobe, and of course, the fact the Lakers really haven't been able to land any key FAs in a long while.

But NONE of this is evidence that people don't like playing with him. You guys can bury your heads in the sand better than most fanbases I've seen.

Kobe is arguably the greatest player of his generation.......but that very reason is why guys aren't lining up to play with him like they do Lebron. Kobe has a reputation of NEVER deferring to teammates......whether you think it is legit or not. And the PROOF is being played out every year he's out there running with scrubs.

Kobe is who he is. He believes he's better than every player on the court, whether its true or not. And he's going to play HIS way. That's not always very attractive to other guys.

Kobe can be difficult to play with. Lakers fans fully understand this.

Tell me this though, what key FAs did the Lakers realistically miss out when they were winning titles on a team that was well over the cap? Which key FAs spurned the Lakers and signed minimum contracts with other teams?

The Lakers were never in a financial position to sign a major FA when Kobe was in his prime. To conclude that it was because nobody wanted to play with Kobe is disingenuous.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That wasn't an agent that wrote the article. It was known Lakers/Kobe hater Abbott's article in which he quoted unnamed sources. He gets his facts screwed up as well. Slurp it up though!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no doubt that Kobe can be difficult to play with and there are undoubtedly some FA's who would not want to play with him because of how demanding he is. There isn't a Lakers fan that doesn't understand this. However, as rule points out, the Lakers were capped out during much of Kobe's prime (and winning 5 titles during it anyway).

Players, like Pau Gasol (for example), who are able to handle how demanding Kobe is, tend to stick around. The only reason Pau left after this season is because he knows he is coming to the end of his own career and wants a shot at another title (as well as being tired of constantly being in trade rumors). If the Lakers were able to provide that, he'd still be a Laker.

As for players wanting to play with Lebron over Kobe, that's not the brightest of statements by you. Lebron is the best player in the game while Kobe is 36 and coming off of 2 major injuries. Of course they want to play with Lebron. The bottom line is that players know they have a much better chance of winning a title playing with Lebron than with Kobe. When Lebron reaches the point in his career that Kobe is at now, FA's won't be lining up to play with him either.

How many FA's were lining up to play with MJ when he was on the Wizards?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe can be difficult to play with. Lakers fans fully understand this.

Tell me this though, what key FAs did the Lakers realistically miss out when they were winning titles on a team that was well over the cap? Which key FAs spurned the Lakers and signed minimum contracts with other teams?

The Lakers were never in a financial position to sign a major FA when Kobe was in his prime. To conclude that it was because nobody wanted to play with Kobe is disingenuous.

The crazy part about this, is that its been explained millions of time, but you still have guys like Starbig who doesn't understand.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's career is/will be defined by his inability to share the stage or have a long term partner (MJ with Pippen, Bird with Kev/Robert, etc). There is no one to pair him with, and that tells a story itself.

His best partner was someone he fought with often

Shaq?Kobe feud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So his issues with other FA's happened very early in his career. This is not a new discussion guys.

The article took some liberty, but on a whole it was SPOT ON. It hurts to hear just like its hard for Pats fans to accept that Bill cheated.

Kobe has/will set the franchise back, and for many years. He gets paid a silly amount. That said, he did not make the silly deals beyond his $25M a year.

They should have traded him and rebuilt, got picks, cap space and a place palyers would want to come

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He paired up with Pau really well and for several years. They won two titles together. Dude's going on 19 years in the league and you would expect him to play with the same people throughout?

So his issues with other FA's happened very early in his career.

He and Shaq had their issues. Can't pin all that on Kobe. What other FAs early in his career did he have issues with? Old man Malone?

The article took tons of liberties, flat-out made stuff up, and couldn't quote anyone other than sources such as 'rival GM', 'an agent with numerous stars', and 'another agent with Lakers clients'. It was a hatchet job from a writer who has penned numerous articles bashing Kobe and the Lakers. You guys slurp it up though.