• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe #40

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess this part is true. he's still a difference maker on the court, but the degree OF that difference making has steadily been in decline for years now. still, i'm not see his personality as a reason for top FA's staying away...

money's another matter...though that's ALWAYS gonna be an important factor...

I agree that his salary was the biggest detractor, and I also agree that other then Howard, the other top FA the past couple years were never seriously considering or expected to consider L.A.

Lakers just need to hope Randall is a stud and then hope to pick up another one this summer.

Lakers fans understand and just need to be patient for a couple/ few more seasons knowing that they'll be fine again soon enough and always long term.

Cavs fans will talk a lot of shit, but they have a few year window to get it done or sink back to irrelevance.

Any thought about the possible no player max contract, but hard or near hard team salary cap?

I think it would be great for the league in general and what the owners are going to insist on.

This last attempt of league parity totally backfired.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Mike & Mike this morning they stated that no player 39 years or older has ever averaged more than 15 ppg.

The number on Kobe this season in Vegas is 23 ppg.

Pretty impressive, regardless of circumstance.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Mike & Mike this morning they stated that no player 39 years or older has ever averaged more than 15 ppg.

D Wade seems to think pretty highly of him.

“Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant… the second best all time…. now, I have a new favorite player to play against… my former teammate, LeBron James.”

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Jordan 39 turning 40 in his last year with the Wiz averaging 20ppg?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kareem was 39 in 1986-87 season which he averaged 17.5 ppg also.

Who checks these guys' facts?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem was 39 in 1986-87 season which he averaged 17.5 ppg also.

Who checks these guys' facts?

Kobe is an old man, but not 39yo. Not sure why Kobe was part of this discussion.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a fuck what anybody says, kobe is not number 40. We are talking about kobe bryant. 39 other players, give me a break!!!! No seriously, anyone have a kit kat?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they got part of the stat wrong. I heard something similar the other day but it was something along the lines of "No player entering their 19th season has ever averaged more than 15 ppg". So it wasn't an age stat but one that dealt with years played.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got part of the stat wrong. I heard something similar the other day but it was something along the lines of "No player entering their 19th season has ever averaged more than 15 ppg". So it wasn't an age stat but one that dealt with years played.

That makes more sense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wrote it wrong.
They said it correctly.

Point is, Kobe is prob going to do something unheard of.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is proving that 40 ranking tonight.

Trevor Ariza gave him the BUSINESS. TREVOR FUCKING ARIZA.

You ever see a guy get shook and the dude he was guarding didn't even move his pivot foot?

https://vine.co/v/OMXO6Z0QTKK

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ever see a guy get shook and the dude he was guarding didn't even move his pivot foot?

Fuck you talking about? Kobe fell cause of screen and he could have easily contested otherwise.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, every trip down the floor when Harden is on defense:lol:

LOL, I'm just saying tho.......Kobe looked HORRIBLE on defense. He's been pretty bad defensively for years now, but not THIS bad. He looked washed......Ariza hit about 4 threes in his face like he wasn't even there.

Maybe he's just rusty......I don't know......but it appears the end is near for this dude. We'll all see how he turns this around from here.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I'm just saying tho.......Kobe looked HORRIBLE on defense. He's been pretty bad defensively for years now, but not THIS bad. He looked washed......Ariza hit about 4 threes in his face like he wasn't even there.

Maybe he's just rusty......I don't know......but it appears the end is near for this dude. We'll all see how he turns this around from here.

Well Kobe has focused his energies on offense the last couple of years that has been obvious. He just cant play both sides like he used to, and to me im fine with him expending more energy on offense. Anyway its the first game . His O looked as good as ever though. Everyone looks rusty tho.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it's just game #1 after a 2yr absence.

I won't go as far as to say he's washed up.

He is not the Kobe of circa 2009.

He can't single handedly carry a team on his own anymore.

Seriously, it's like Allen Iverson, with one good knee, out there with a team full of Eric Snow's :pound:.

I don't know if Kobe will be able to tolerate this level of losing.

But, would the bus kids trade their cash cow when the Lakers are their primary source of income and that income is based on ratings?

He will never be the Kobe of old.

But, he still puts asses in the seats...

Well...until they head for the exits in droves at halftime:L.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Lets all be retarded and judge a guy on his first game back from basically 2 years. I swear, you guys have been trying hard this past week to find anything negative about Kobe or tge Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will be fine. A lot of what we saw last night, especially on defense, was rust. Having said that, he's 36 and isn't going to be the defender he was even 4-5 years ago (even without the last 2 injuries). He's smart, knows how to move his feet and position himself, but he's going to struggle against smaller, quicker players. The Lakers will need to play good help defense to cut down on getting burned in those situations.