• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KJR college football survivor

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Beano Cook College Football Survivor

Get your picks ready for week 1 and get them texted in. Hard contest to win, but the prizes are too good not to try. Winner gets to go to ND@ Clemson, the 2015 SEC championship game, and ANY regular season college football game during the 2015 season ANYWHERE.

All you have to do is pick the winner of any game each of the 14 weeks of the season and not use the same team twice from a pool of 32 teams. I've survived to the bowl game tie breaker the last two years. If I wasn't so lame at picking bowls maybe it would be me doing those insane game trips.

The window for texting is open all week (I believe during the morning show hours) and after that you get texting windows announced on their show so you do have to listen to the morning show to make it all the way, or at least check twitter as Mitch posts the windows on there the mornings there are open windows.

I need to sit down and plan out my year later. I typically have a plan for the whole season before I submit my first week. Some of those bye weeks in the middle of the year are tricky.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I usually do well in survivor pools too.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so this challenge brings an interesting question to mind. If you guys were to win Beano's challenge, what game would you choose to attend as your choice? I have an idea of a few but I'm not settled on one yet. Right now I think the Army/Navy game is the slight favorite. Always wanted to see that game in person.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my son just started as a freshman at Penn State after leaving the Navy (8 years in the nuke program) so we haven't been able to see him a lot and likely won't now at least until he gets his nuclear engineering degree so it would probably be whatever their best home game is. At least if I don't want my wife leaving me anyway. :suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Michigan is their best home game next year atm, they still have 2 open dates though. That would be an excellent game to see.

Go OcD on us and book'it. I double dog dare you! :pound:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of him, I believe he left the site after your banning so you may not even know there will be no more natty on a platter threads.

:rip:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you all get your picks in? I believe you can still put them in tomorrow as long as you don't pick a team that plays tonight of course.

I didn't have time to sit down this week and plan out the season so I just took Utah. Not sure how many other games over the middle of the season I'd take them so it was a quick easy choice given they are just playing Idaho State. :L

Don't miss your chances to at least try for the 3 bucket list trip prizes.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I planned mine through the season.

Got ASU this week. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you in this contest that don't listen to the station need to know the window for texting in your pick this week is from 6am to 9am.

FYI, they not only announce the windows on the morning show, but Mitch Levy tweets them out every wednesday and thursday nights for the windows open the next day. In other words, you can only enter every thursday and friday during their window.

Forgot to enter last week or lost? They have a second chance game. Not too late to get in and make this happen.

Just text a response to 49451 between 6am and 9am. Download the excel sheet of the whole season from the link at the top and make sure you look for your options over the weeks with lots of teams on the same bye.

Each week I'll try and post the window times for any that don't want to listen to the show. All windows will be somewhere between 6am and 10am (span of the morning show). Last year the windows were half hour once the season got underway. Two half hour windows each week, miss it and you are out.