• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirkpatrick (Pitt or Tenn)?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reported that Kirkpatrick is gaining interest from Pittsburgh and Tennessee. I can just see Kirkpatrick going to Pitt and all of a sudden becoming an all-pro player and killing us for the next 5 years.

Resign Zietler and let the rest walk, and that includes Big Whit, even though his leadership will be sorely missed.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Whitworth, Peko, Rey M, Johnson, PacMan, the bengals always talk about leadership being a big reason they keep these guys.
Exactly what has all of this leadership gotten them? And, is this team a bunch of babies that they need a bunch of mediocre (at best) players to lead them?
I'm sure they can continue to not win playoff games without all of those guys.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is shaping up to be a very Bengals-esque offseason.

"Can't afford" to sign Zeitler, overpay the 36 year old veteran Whit

Probably let Dre walk if someone offers 14M +, keep aging fuck stick PacMan Jones because we have the leverage.

THEN draft the 2017 Ray Rice (Mixon) in the late 2nd early 3rd. Do nothing to move up in the 1st, watch as Solomon Thomas and others are gone, hope for Corey Davis and likely reach on a defensive back if he's not there.

Oh and tell us they expect practice squad fodder to step up and replace a Pro Bowl guard, and to expect big things from last year's drafted players like Billings and WJ3 who didnt play a snap in their rookie season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is shaping up to be a very Bengals-esque offseason.

"Can't afford" to sign Zeitler, overpay the 36 year old veteran Whit

Probably let Dre walk if someone offers 14M +, keep aging fuck stick PacMan Jones because we have the leverage.

THEN draft the 2017 Ray Rice (Mixon) in the late 2nd early 3rd. Do nothing to move up in the 1st, watch as Solomon Thomas and others are gone, hope for Corey Davis and likely reach on a defensive back if he's not there.

Oh and tell us they expect practice squad fodder to step up and replace a Pro Bowl guard, and to expect big things from last year's drafted players like Billings and WJ3 who didnt play a snap in their rookie season.

I expect big things from Jackson and Billings myself. That doesn't mean they are the cure all.

Cedric was a first round talent, they still praise his potential, but he was not good at RT. His natural position is LT. If that is the case, let him start there, get his feet under him and go with it. Just let Whit walk, save the dough. However, if you are going to go with saving the dough, which is fine, you have to still reinforce your positions, so you will have to start using FA and use it effectively.

There are some decent players on the open market that could help this team still that wouldn't cost too much, while still utilizing that draft.

Let all the UFA leave, except Zeitler.

I would look at the following FA with available money:

RT Mike Remmers (low risk / high reward type guy also)
OLB John Simon (I like his versatility and motor)
CB Morris Claiborne (good low risk / high reward type guy as he has been injured and shouldn't command large payday)
WR Torrey Smith (low production with 49ers drop his price - another low risk / high reward type guy)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect big things from Jackson and Billings myself. That doesn't mean they are the cure all.
I was a huge fan of both in LY's draft... Curious to see what they bring to the table at the NFL level. My guess is both will be pro-bowlers after a few years if they can stay healthy.