• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings waive Moreau

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I would put this up here for those who called Doug out on not getting him first. He had 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 games this year.

Apparently he was only good enough to score against the Sharks :L

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I would put this up here for those who called Doug out on not getting him first. He had 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 games this year.

Apparently he was only good enough to score against the Sharks :L

I'll add that he made countless Kings fans do this :L due to his untimely penalties. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Nolan >>> Moreau. :p

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely one of those people. I still think it was a reasonable risk for $600K. I believe the waiver wire thing has more to do with him and head coach Terry Murray clashing about some ill-timed penalties than it has to do with his actual play.

I'd still like Moreau on the 4th line over Desjardin. Moreau has definitely lost a couple steps though. Funny that the one time the Sharks will most likely for sure get a chance to get him.....now I'm not sure I want him, lol.

I was and am a huge Moreau fan though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm okay with sticking with the third and fourth lines the Sharks have for now. A mix and match of Handzus, Mcginn, Mitchell, Murray, Winchester, McLaren and Desjardins seems to be working. I won't be opposed to upgrading though if someone like a Wellwood becomes available later on in the year.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that the Sharks need a tweener for the 3rd line that can pull spot duty on the top line. But I like the fourth line, they have energy and put pressure on the other team.

I would have loved Moreau on the Sharks four years ago but he's in the same camp as Nolan and Cheechoo, (although he's probably better than both of them) I don't think he brings anything to the Sharks that they don't already have.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Low risk high reward really,the Kings are a mess right now with coaching and the GM, looks like Dumbo Lombardis shelf life is about to expire in LA as well.

Pick him up off of waivers if he sucks bury him in Woostah no harm no foul

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, I'm okay with sticking with the third and fourth lines the Sharks have for now. A mix and match of Handzus, Mcginn, Mitchell, Murray, Winchester, McLaren and Desjardins seems to be working. I won't be opposed to upgrading though if someone like a Wellwood becomes available later on in the year.

WellFed is getting top minutes in Winter Pig hence why his numbers are up, he wouldnt help the sharks

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WellFed is getting top minutes in Winter Pig hence why his numbers are up, he wouldnt help the sharks

Bad wording on my part what I meant was getting a Wellwood type player who would come in and improve the depth of the bottom 2 lines, I just picked Wellwood because that's who the Sharks ended up getting last year and he did an adequate job. I'd definitely prefer the Sharks get someone who is stronger on the puck.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we have a terrible PK, I'd still love to have Moreau at this point. At least somebody would care and finish a check. Right now, I'd just enjoy watching players who give a fuck.