• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kings to crown Canucks

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see another playoff series between these two teams - The intensity last night was great.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the write-up of this game mentioned that Brown accidentally kicked Loungo in the head. I read that as air-quotes around 'accidentally'.

True / false / up for debate?

I read the quotes as well but more that Lou was upset that his team didn't accidentally run Quick as much as they should have. He seemed ok with what Brown did.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks signed Rob Laurie to a emergency contract for tonight's game to back up Lack. I guess Mattola was correct.

/Laurie was an emergency goalie for the Ducks last season.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks signed Rob Laurie to a emergency contract for tonight's game to back up Lack. I guess Mattola was correct.

Saw him play many times when I had Bullfrog season tickets

Anaheim roller hockey

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have preferred the Canucks signing Hugh Laurie myself...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i fucking knew it. god damn it. go lack go

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the quotes as well but more that Lou was upset that his team didn't accidentally run Quick as much as they should have. He seemed ok with what Brown did.

Lol nice kings spin

Luongo said "as he was accidentally running me over" and had the full eye roll going when he said it

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol nice kings spin

Luongo said "as he was accidentally running me over" and had the full eye roll going when he said it

Here is the full quote.
He says a little more than what twitter said

My foot got caught under me as he was accidentally running me over. Luckily this time, the pain went away.

Hockey is a fast game and that’s what we want to do the opposing goalie too — crash the net and create havoc.

It’s what hockey is all about. That’s a good game plan. You want to get in the other goalie’s kitchen and go through the crease and put some pucks there and jam away. That’s what we preach to our guys and they (Kings) are one of the best teams at doing that.

Looks like, to me, he understands that it is part of the game and wasn't all that upset with the play.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the full quote.
He says a little more than what twitter said

My foot got caught under me as he was accidentally running me over. Luckily this time, the pain went away.

Hockey is a fast game and that’s what we want to do the opposing goalie too — crash the net and create havoc.

It’s what hockey is all about. That’s a good game plan. You want to get in the other goalie’s kitchen and go through the crease and put some pucks there and jam away. That’s what we preach to our guys and they (Kings) are one of the best teams at doing that.

Looks like, to me, he understands that it is part of the game and wasn't all that upset with the play.

you didnt tell me anything new there ,,, it was all in the link in my post above (post #58)

what I was trying to say, which was mentioned on the radio yesterday, was that when Luongo made the "accidentally running me over" part he gave the biggest eye roll ... botchford is clued in with bobby lou (some say he's strombones ghostwriter) and when Botch says Luongo is pissed (at brown ... not his own team) i believe him

ever since "pumping my tires" comment from the cup finals Luongo tells the media what they want to hear ... hes a diplomat

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the eye roll thing
I was just saying he knows that "accidently" running into the goalie is part of the game. He did not seem mad about it.