• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: KINGS (27-18-12) at SHARKS (30-22-8) Stadium Series!

What do you think about NHL games outside?

• It's great! Hockey was meant to be played outside in 70° weather!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't like it. It's just a novelty like electric cars and gluten free diets.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Don't care. I'm more concerned about the Sharks making the playoffs.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV: NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports 2

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Jose Sharks forward John Scott will play in the 2015 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game Saturday night at Levi's Stadium (10 p.m. ET; NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports 2) because of how effective he was in minimal ice time against the Los Angeles Kings on Jan. 21.

Scott had one shot on goal and was credited with four hits over 13 shifts totaling 7:56 of ice time in the Sharks 4-2 win against Los Angeles at SAP Center. It's the only game he's played this season against the Kings.

Sharks coach Todd McLellan said Scott will replace Chris Tierney, who had played nine straight games since being recalled from the Worcester Sharks of the American Hockey League on Feb. 4.

"John Scott had a big factor in the game we played against L.A. last time," McLellan said. "He played really good minutes, hard minutes. They're a big team, and John is that. That's called ingredients. You need different types of ingredients on any given night to win. The last time we used those ingredients we had some success."

The Kings, who did not hold a morning skate Saturday, aren't likely to make any lineup changes. They have used the same lineup for five consecutive games and won them all. The Kings have won six in a row overall.

Kings defenseman Matt Greene is particularly excited to get a chance to play outdoors Saturday. He was a healthy scratch against the Anaheim Ducks in the Stadium Series game last season at Dodger Stadium.

"It's a fun game to play," Greene said Friday. "These are actually the fun games of the year, when there is something on the line. Playing outside, doing something different, and having it means something in the standings is just going to make it more enjoyable."

The Sharks are trying to keep things normal Saturday, but it's been admittedly hard to do.

They held a morning skate and timed their meetings as they always do before games, but their morning skate was at Sharks Ice, their practice facility, when they typically hold them at SAP Center. And instead of driving to the game individually, the Sharks also will be bussing together to Levi's Stadium because of various road closures and difficult parking issues.

"We're trying to [keep a sense of normalcy]," Sharks forward Joe Pavelski said. "We'll get there. Everything is a little quicker today getting there, but overall it'll be good."

Here are the projected lineups:

KINGS

Marian Gaborik - Anze Kopitar - Dustin Brown

Dwight King - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli

Trevor Lewis - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams

Jordan Nolan - Nick Shore - Kyle Clifford

Robyn Regehr - Drew Doughty

Jake Muzzin - Matt Greene

Jamie McBain - Brayden McNabb

Jonathan Quick

Martin Jones

Scratched: Andy Andreoff, Derek Forbort

Injured: Alec Martinez (concussion), Tanner Pearson (leg)

SHARKS

Patrick Marleau - Joe Thornton - Melker Karlsson

Matt Nieto - Logan Couture - Joe Pavelski

Tomas Hertl - James Sheppard - Tommy Wingels

John Scott - Andrew Desjardins - Tyler Kennedy

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Brent Burns

Brenden Dillon - Justin Braun

Matt Irwin - Scott Hannan

Antti Niemi

Alex Stalock

Scratched: Barclay Goodrow, Chris Tierney, Mirco Mueller

Injured: Mike Brown (leg), Tye McGinn (upper body), Daniil Tarasov (undisclosed), Raffi Torres (knee)

Status report: Mueller will be scratched for the fourth straight game. … Brown has resumed skating, but only on his own. He will miss his 31st consecutive game Saturday. … Niemi is 2-1-0 with a 1.69 goals-against average and .945 save percentage against the Kings this season. … Quick is 1-2-0 with a 3.06 GAA and .890 save percentage against the Sharks this season.

Who's hot: Quick has a .927 save percentage in the Kings six-game winning streak. … The line of King, Carter and Toffoli has combined for 26 points on 13 goals and 13 assists in the past six games. King has a career-high five-game point streak (3-5-8).

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special jerseys. Kinda cool but I'm not big on the neckline. #nitpicking
sharks-2015-stadium-series-jersey.png

I like this guy for some reason.

Gotta have the Shark head.
20150219-shark-head-levis-dl.jpg

Niemi's helmet is creepy.

Tailgating for hockey is a brilliant concept.
B-Z8naxIgAAaims.jpg

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God that ice looks slow and shitty lol we will see some bad goals

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care oh so little about this game lol

I tried getting excited but it's not there and being down 1-0 in the first has done little to change that.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God that ice looks slow and shitty lol we will see some bad goals

It's about what I would expect from an outdoor rink in Santa Clara.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings unis are terrible. They look like they're playing in their underwear.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Burns goal! 1-1

And Quick just took a swipe at Pavs! What a douche!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booooooooooooooooooorrrrring!!

a4973e6457289a8e06a4b0b3fefee31c.jpg

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
trade mark Nemo softy, gotta drive his trade value down as much as possible lol

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade mark Nemo softy, gotta drive his trade value down as much as possible lol
Yeah that was really bad. Looked like Roman Turek against Owen Nolan from the red line.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sigh>. I just cannot figure this team out - or really get very excited about them. Every time I start to get a little energized I am reminded that they will probably fold in the playoffs...

or when its a high visibility game.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was excited at first, then I realized this is a sharks game I'm watching and I soon stop caring. :doh:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sigh>. I just cannot figure this team out - or really get very excited about them. Every time I start to get a little energized I am reminded that they will probably fold in the playoffs...

or when its a high visibility game.

They wont make the playoffs this year.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the 1st period then chose to go to a party with my wife and free booze. Good decision.

I see the box score and see the two piles of manure were -4. Thornton never got a shot. I'll give them a pass on this one due to the conditions and environment. But big marketing opportunity wasted last night for the team. 70,000 and national tv and you lay an egg and give nothing to the fans. But I guess it doesn't matter to the old German who runs this shit show. As long as he makes enough money to fatten his face with Schnitzel and potatoes and gravy and wurst he is happy I guess. I wish Joe Lacob owned this team.