• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Norton Jr. to the Raiders

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice final piece to the coaching puzzle. Now, RM & JDR will have to deliver. :clap:

The Oakland Raiders have named Ken Norton, Jr. as the team's new defensive coordinator.

Norton has been the Seattle Seahawks linebackers coach since 2010.

Norton played alongside head coach Jack Del Rio for three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys from 1989-1991.

Del Rio’s defensive philosophy will be evident in scheme and game planning. Del Rio has a strong history as a defensive coordinator and, as he said at his introductory press conference, he could end up calling plays on game day. He said that would depend on the experience level of his defensive coordinator.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good hire.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with that. Great couple days for usc and the raiders :dance:

Ohio State did okay. The Cleveland Clowns though...just waiting to see how they fuck-up next.:gaah:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State did okay. The Cleveland Clowns though...just waiting to see how they fuck-up next.:gaah:

I hear that Cleveland is going to trade their two 1st's and a 2nd to the Raiders for the 4th pick. Say hello to your new QB, Marcus Mariota.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to see 2 separate stories about Haley and Norton.

I ran into both of them in a hotel lobby the day before SB 27 Cowboys/Bills 1993

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will love him. Great hire.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Cleveland is going to trade their two 1st's and a 2nd to the Raiders for the 4th pick. Say hello to your new QB, Marcus Mariota.

Well they have to do something. Although whatever they decide to do it will be the wrong choice. Hey...you think the Raiders would give up a late 8th round draft pick for Johnny Jackass?:pound:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have to do something. Although whatever they decide to do it will be the wrong choice. Hey...you think the Raiders would give up a late 8th round draft pick for Johnny Jackass?:pound:

I'm trying to trademark "Johnny Rehab". :suds:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao!! Sure.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for KNjr. I appreciate what he did for the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good hire, wish Norton well. He did a great job for the Seahawks.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Hawks are getting pillaged and the one guy all the fans want to leave is gonna stick around for a while probably.

Problem is Tom Cable is still sticking around too. Can't wait to be near the top of the league in false start and holding penalties again.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Tom Cable is still sticking around too. Can't wait to be near the top of the league in false start and holding penalties again.

How much of that is just lack of comparative talent on the line and how much of that is Cable? The only high draft pick that has proven to truly be worth his draft value to proven commodity was Unger, and they otherwise wait to the last rounds to fill organizational depth as opposed to seeing an apparent need and acting accordingly. To Cable's defense (I can't believe I'm even saying this), SEA's line is at best, a banged up Okung, and slowly progressing Carpenter, Unger is Unger...when healthy, what seems to be a turnstile at times over the last three seasons at the other guard position, and a rookie RT that draftniks were surprised at how high he went relative to his measurables and tape weaknesses. IMO I wasn't very impressed with Britt's ability to handle speed rushers off the edge and he just seemed to lack athleticism or the feet to be able to ever be anything better then average, but I also am not a fan of the team and follow nearly as closely as some of these guys.

I'm not saying that Cable doesn't need to be canned, I'm just saying that false start and holding penalties can't be pinned on the only person not suiting up and actually playing the game. You also have to have the talent and the Hawks for whatever reason, haven't cracked that draft code. False starts IMO is lack of focus or at best confusion. Holding penalties is mostly for good rush moves and also being common on guys that just aren't athletic enough to do their job effectively at this level. That has more to do with player then coach.