• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keith Ford class act...

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back home during the break and spoke to some kids back in his hometown.

Keith Ford encourages elementary students during Yeager visit

Jan. 11, 2014—University of Oklahoma running back and Cypress Ranch High School alumnus Keith Ford visited Yeager Elementary School on Friday to encourage, motivate and answer questions for students in pre-K through fifth grades.

Ford, who concluded his freshman season with the Sooners in a 45-31 win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 2, returned to Cypress to visit the school where his mother, Mary Ford, teaches pre-K students.

Yeager principal Susan Brenz said the visit coincided with “Yeager University,” an initiative to help prepare students for college. Each Yeager classroom is decorated in a different college’s colors and logos to generate excitement about the future. Ford first paid a visit to fourth-grade students in Lacey Thibodeaux’s University of Oklahoma-themed classroom.

“My dad always taught me to do my work,” Ford told the students. “Being at OU made me realize you have to sacrifice a lot. You have to train yourself before you get to college to be on time, do all the work and study for tests.”