• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem Jackson appreciation thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodbye KJack did not want to take a pay cut.

heck of a player for us
Would shake his hand

Decision on Von tomortow

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent player but from a business standpoint the right decision.

Would seem like Phillip Lindsay is probably gone. Denver’s tender on him would mean if another team signs him they aren’t going to lose a draft pick to sign him away from Denver.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. I thought they would bring him back.

Good luck to him. We now have another hole to fill.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent player but from a business standpoint the right decision.

Would seem like Phillip Lindsay is probably gone. Denver’s tender on him would mean if another team signs him they aren’t going to lose a draft pick to sign him away from Denver.
Yeah, I agree that Lindsay is likely on his way out. He doesn’t fit what Shurmur wants to do. It will be a sad day, really will miss watching him play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I didn't like Lindsay because I did. I like the way he plays. I like his story, his attitude etc. but I know him leaving will hurt a lot of other Bronco fans a lot more then me. I am here for a shoulder to lean on when/if he leaves. (But I will have my Melvin Gordon jersey on and my Travis Etienne jersey in my lap ;))

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was a player I have always like since his days at Alabama. Was fun to sign him a few years back. He made the move to safety well and added leadership skills. But he is very replaceable especially considering that he is getting up there in age and his contract. I wanted to keep him around, was hoping a deal would be worked out to see him stay here one more year (Technically could still happen) but I won't lose too much sleep over it, instead it means one more new DB to get excited about. ;)

I did want Kareem to stay here though. So while it hurts a bit.. It also makes sense to me.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philip may end up in Sf or Arizona

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No promises, but it appears Von will likely be a Bronco for at least one more year....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philip may end up in Sf or Arizona

Arizona seems like an odd place for him with Chase Edmonds being similar to him and a better rec option.

SF is interesting. They have a million RB's but none of them can stay healthy, so wouldn't be shocked.

The Dolphins make a lot of sense to me for Lindsay as well. Now watch, the Raiders will sign him. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson's cap hit would have been 12.8 M this year. That would be a lot of money between two S's.

I do wonder if Jackson could test the market and come back though. Unlikely as you don't see it happen often but I always hang onto hope.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is 33. He probably has 1, maybe 2 years left as a starter... Just simply a no brainer here in terms of not picking up a 12.8 m option.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway prbly would have kept KJack hoping to win this season . Paton is looking long term.

glad we have Paton.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was a player I have always like since his days at Alabama. Was fun to sign him a few years back. He made the move to safety well and added leadership skills. But he is very replaceable especially considering that he is getting up there in age and his contract. I wanted to keep him around, was hoping a deal would be worked out to see him stay here one more year (Technically could still happen) but I won't lose too much sleep over it, instead it means one more new DB to get excited about. ;)

I did want Kareem to stay here though. So while it hurts a bit.. It also makes sense to me.
Jackson's play declined considerable last season. I salute him as a Bronco player - he gets the handshake - and the autograph request in my book. Other than that - it was a good time to part ways - related to salary cap and dead money issues.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillip Linsday - got a raw deal from the Broncos with this tender. A 2nd round tender would have cost a little more than a million dollars more than this luke warm offering. Lindsay is a 4.8 yards per carry back - who is popular in the locker room and with the Denver crowd. I don't think this makes sense. I also don't think Schumur likes what Lindsay brings as a player - which says more about him than it does Lindsay.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why they just want a “match offer”
Lindsey when he is on the field dictates run play.
He can’t catch consistency and he is too small to pass pro.

not his fault just physics .

this allows Philip to find a team that he can compliment. I look at this as a “ do right “ by George .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Lindsay is that we would take him back. Haven't shut the door on him by any means, but we also don't put a lot of value into him. I think it makes more sense that Melvin Gordon is our clear best RB, and we probably need to consider a RB at some point in the draft this year. Freeman could stick on the roster one more year but isn't in our future plans and as is we would have our top 3 RB's going into free agency next year. RB isn't exactly a position you have to "plan for the future with", you can plug a rookie RB into your lineup right away and he can produce for you. It is probably the easiest position to "develop"... So we don't have to draft a RB this year based on contracts for next year so much, but if Lindsay is gone it opens up a RB position and a possibility we could draft a RB. It actually make a lot of sense to me... Like CEH mentioned above. This is a "match offer", it gives him and us some options. I don't think we are totally closing the door and disrespecting Lindsay. I think Lindsay will have a good careerr but I don't think you will see him have that 10-12 year career where he nets a huge contract. He may bounce around a bit, once he loses his speed his career will come to an end.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Lindsay is that we would take him back. Haven't shut the door on him by any means, but we also don't put a lot of value into him. I think it makes more sense that Melvin Gordon is our clear best RB, and we probably need to consider a RB at some point in the draft this year. Freeman could stick on the roster one more year but isn't in our future plans and as is we would have our top 3 RB's going into free agency next year. RB isn't exactly a position you have to "plan for the future with", you can plug a rookie RB into your lineup right away and he can produce for you. It is probably the easiest position to "develop"... So we don't have to draft a RB this year based on contracts for next year so much, but if Lindsay is gone it opens up a RB position and a possibility we could draft a RB. It actually make a lot of sense to me... Like CEH mentioned above. This is a "match offer", it gives him and us some options. I don't think we are totally closing the door and disrespecting Lindsay. I think Lindsay will have a good careerr but I don't think you will see him have that 10-12 year career where he nets a huge contract. He may bounce around a bit, once he loses his speed his career will come to an end.
I agree with most of this DC - and I have also thought the Broncos could match on Lindsay - I just don't know why everywhere I read about this everyone thinks Lindsay is gone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this DC - and I have also thought the Broncos could match on Lindsay - I just don't know why everywhere I read about this everyone thinks Lindsay is gone.

I am guessing a big part of it was Lindsay openly saying how hurt he was last year when we signed Melvin Gordon, he quickly got over it and shared the story which I gave him credit for. He didn't have to admit that. Nobody would have known. I felt like his story was natural and pure and happens all the time, most people just don't share it.... He has been angry at Denver a few times... (Not drafting him, and feeling like Gordon signing was a slap in the face) and both times he overcame it... We will see how it goes this time.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can’t speak to why others may think he is going to leave, but my opinion is he is likely valued more by another team then in Denver.

I hope I am wrong.