• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas vs Texas game thread

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Heck with Kansas. Way to go Horns, gotta win at home.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLOCK PARTY today at The Drum. Damn good win, Horns......

HOOK 'EM!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has become a pretty darn good little team. Nothing spectacular, just young guys who are taking coaching and playing hard. Cam Ridley, shot 30% at the line as a frosh last year, shooting over 60% now. Not great, but a lot of hard work to improve. Isaiah Taylor another freshman, is an exciting player. Jon Holmes is the only upper classman (all the others left, which was definitely addition by subtraction) and he is playing really well. Just a cool breeze kinda team after the last two years...

This^^^^^ No one and doners on this team. Barnes got rid of all the "me first" guys from last year's shitty team. This is Barnes's best coaching job since his 1st year at UT, IMO. I love the defense these guys are playing and they play as a TEAM. Let's just hope Barnes stays away from recruiting players who are just interested in playing their one year and leaving for the pros. Give me a Butler U. type of team anytime.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^^ No one and doners on this team. Barnes got rid of all the "me first" guys from last year's shitty team. This is Barnes's best coaching job since his 1st year at UT, IMO. I love the defense these guys are playing and they play as a TEAM. Let's just hope Barnes stays away from recruiting players who are just interested in playing their one year and leaving for the pros. Give me a Butler U. type of team anytime.

Actually those guys bailed on Barnes and his method of playing.
... and you can win bets that the NBA scouts have paid attention how much better Texas is playing without them.

Just frigging amazing how well this team is playing. I lost big by betting on Kansas today.

4 straight wins over Ranked teams!!! Nobody thought Texas could do that this season.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TexasExes98, the defensive play is the difference. The malcontents that left didn't want to play defense... Damn, we're so much better team with players that want to work hard and play hard.

Charlie42s, I was just thinking that it was five in a row? But maybe it's four, anyway, on a great roll!
Damn, haven't been this excited about the basketball team in, what, years. Barnes may be single-handedly saving the damn athletic program! Who'd a thought that.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins in a row. Tech, WVU, I State, K State, Baylor and now Kansas. 4 straight over ranked teams. I keep thinking unbelievable, but unpredictable is more appropriate.
Could you imagine the feedback if any of us had written what has happened?

TCU, NEXT!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to get a signature win and the Kansas monkey off their backs in Austin.

But, the big 12 is too deep to even catch their breath.....

They cannot afford to take TCU lightly now and get a swelled head.

But, seeing a team without "entitlement players" is a breath of fresh air for Texas athletics.

Hopefully Augie and Charlie get the message to their guys as well.