• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas fires Charlie Weiss

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Mack wants to coach, or rather wants to have some control on how people think of him right now, which is human, to a certain extent.

Just dont know why he'd put himself through it again. Those last 4 years about killed him, imo.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for Kansas is that basketball starts in 6 weeks.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's safe to say Weiss to Michigan???

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown would be an idiot to go to a program like Kansas. He's got everything under the sun a reasonable man at his age could possibly want: (a) fame (b) fortune (c) security and (d) a career that included the satisfaction of bringing a major university's football program back from the dead to a National Championship. Lawrence, KS is a nowhere place with a noway football program. Don't even take the call Mack if the phone rings.

I agree Goldbug. No need for Mack to lower himself and take over an awful program like KU. Mack just needs to go the DKR route and just stay retired, work for the university and enjoy his status as a legendary coach at the 40 Acres. IMO, I don't even think Mack is interested in getting back into coaching again.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Heads roll often, but they don't roll far."

I heard this years ago re: NFL coaches, but it seems to apply to certain college coaches as well. Charlie Weis, by all accounts, is a good guy (very charming) and he can flash those Superbowel rings at any program that brings him in for an interview. But he should never ever get another HC position. He's pretty much set with money now, he should go back to the NFL as an OC or some other kind of assistant coach and then fade a bit into the background.

As for Mack Brown, I don't know the man but we all know of some other coaches who have retired to the TV analyst's chair and liked it very much once they got there (Bill Cowher, Chuckie, Madden...ehh...Corso? Nah! Not Corso, he sucked as a coach anyway...)

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is... who carries on the tradition there at Kansas???

Attachments

• kan.jpg
    kan.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 25