• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KaDeem Carey is the best RB in College Football

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perfectly happy with Carlos Hyde and the other horses we have in our stable.

Not saying you shouldn't be, but you also wouldn't kick Carey out of bed!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes look good. Better hope for a FSU and Oregon loss though.

Yeah I know. I think we're more likely to see a Bama loss though. I really don't see FSU going down. The rest of the ACC is completely crap.

Not saying you shouldn't be, but you also wouldn't kick Carey out of bed!

Haha, I would hope he never finds his way into my bed.... yikes.

Sad thing is, I'd rather have Jones on my Browns right now. We definitely need some help. Think he's gonna enter the draft in 2014?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he's gonna enter the draft in 2014?

Carey? Eh, not sure. I think it depends on how well he and the Cats do this year, and more importantly, what he sees coming in next year to work with. I don't imagine he's in a rush, it gives him another year to develop. And I think he will realize that he won't have reached his ceiling at the end of the year. If he likes the offense around him, I think he stays to try and accomplish more, and improve his draft stock. If he's not impressed with what AZ looks like next year, he might go. By the way, being impressed with what AZ looks like next year is certainly relative. If we get a better looking QB, get our stud WR Austin Hill back next year, and the O line continues to improve, I think that's all he's looking for.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Take away his freshman year when he played sparingly and his numbers are far and away better than everyone else instead of just slightly better than everyone else.

you can't throw away his freshman year and not everyone else's though

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey? Eh, not sure. I think it depends on how well he and the Cats do this year, and more importantly, what he sees coming in next year to work with. I don't imagine he's in a rush, it gives him another year to develop. And I think he will realize that he won't have reached his ceiling at the end of the year. If he likes the offense around him, I think he stays to try and accomplish more, and improve his draft stock. If he's not impressed with what AZ looks like next year, he might go. By the way, being impressed with what AZ looks like next year is certainly relative. If we get a better looking QB, get our stud WR Austin Hill back next year, and the O line continues to improve, I think that's all he's looking for.

Do you attribute his success at all to Rich Rod?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in this day and age, the most elite of running backs should be ready to go after 3 years of college. running backs only have so many hits in them. definitely want to cash in before you can't any longer. i bet you one or more of those alabama backs that i listed go pro after 3 years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't throw away his freshman year and not everyone else's though

I'm definitely not throwing it away. Counting his freshman year, he still has the most YPG of anyone in football (109 YPG).

I'm just saying that looking at the jump between his freshman year and the last two years is remarkable. Seriously, he's averaged 150 YPG over the last season and a half, and that's far and away the best RB in the last two years combined. That's obnoxious.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you attribute his success at all to Rich Rod?

I'm sure they're not mutually exclusive. I would attribute it to Rich Rod's offensive system, more than I would attribute it to Rich Rod's specific coaching of Carey. I also think that he's just coming into his own. At the end of last year, you could tell that he was developing the ability to really cut without losing much speed. And this year he is developed the strength to bounce off tackles by LBs. He's not the best at either, but I think he's the best right now at both.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in this day and age, the most elite of running backs should be ready to go after 3 years of college. running backs only have so many hits in them. definitely want to cash in before you can't any longer. i bet you one or more of those alabama backs that i listed go pro after 3 years.

I think he is ready to go after this year. Hell, he was just short of 2000 yards as a sophomore, and he would get it this year if he didn't have to sit the first 5+ QTRs, and assuming that he continues on his average. Obviously he won't get it, regardless of his potential consistency, because he had to sit. But I think he wants to stay to play next year to help AZ, and see if he can get over 2000 yds, and how close he can get to a Heisman. Obviously this is all just my opinion, but I think it's incentive. But if he keeps going the next 5 games and can finish averaging close to 150 YPG over two years, he's ready.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

jclbuxfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Hyde is man . 240 lbs and runs 4.5 all day long .in big games he has dominated . He outplayed Melvin Gordon head to head .

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Hyde is man . 240 lbs and runs 4.5 all day long .in big games he has dominated . He outplayed Melvin Gordon head to head .

No he didn't.

Hyde - 17 for 85 in 4 qtrs....5 ypc
Gordon - 15 for 74 in 3 qtrs...4.9 ypc

And Ohio's entire gameplan was to stop Gordon.