• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JvR

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we be a better team and cup contender right now with JVR,Richards,Carter,Carle

Or are we better with Simmonds,Shennx2,Couts,Jake,Cousins

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, if the Leafs were to somehow win a Cup with JvR (as the Kings have with Richards, Carter and Williams in addition to the Hawks with Sharp) while we don't win one with Schenn, it's going to turn this whole discussion around in a hurry.

65th in scoring last season apparently wasn't too bad either. That tied with Seguin, Cammalleri, Richards, Lecavalier and Bergeron. Only Giroux and Voracek managed better on our squad. Only 17 players scored more goals than JvR last season and only 10 so far this season.

I'm alright with the trade if we're utilizing Schenn like we did last season, but suddenly he appears to be thought of as our worst defenseman this season and I still feel JvR is a superstar in the making.

65th in scoring is stil 65th in scoring no matter what names he was tied with.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we be a better team and cup contender right now with JVR,Richards,Carter,Carle

IMO, it's not comparable. would we have been able to afford G if we still had richards and carter? would we have been able to keep timonen for another season? who fills in the other top 9 spot on the roster? who is your goalie? because you probably cant sign bryz without those moves, so does the guy you signed instead for 3-4 mil play for the flyers still?

apples and oranges to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a little thing called a salary cap maybe you've heard of it. 20 million on those 4 players. :L

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a little thing called a salary cap maybe you've heard of it. 20 million on those 4 players. :L

Wow ya I havent heard of a salary cap thanks
Other teams are doing it this way
Pitt- Malkin,crosby,Letang,MAF
Chi- Kane,toews,keith,seabrook
LA- Richards,Carter,Brown,Kopitar,Doughty,Quick

What do those teams have in common?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you seriously trying to compare
Richards, Carter, Carle and JVR to those players above. Cmon your better than that. :laugh3:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think you lose 2 of the following if you keep richards, carter, and jvr:

giroux, timonen, streit, and hartnell

and you definitely do have G locked up like he is on his next contract.

i really just think it's too hard to compare the two situations.. the cap situation is completely different if you have carter and richards on the team.. talent to talent though, this year, you probably take the richards/carter/jvr trio.. but in a year or two?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously trying to compare
Richards, Carter, Carle and JVR to those players above. Cmon your better than that. :laugh3:

richards,carter,carle and jvr took the Hawks group to a game 6 in the finals (with Leighton in goal)

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even with the richards, carter trades...

i think a core of Giroux, JVR, Voracek, Lecavalier on offense is pretty damn good..

i mean really..
JVR - G - Voracek
Hartnell - Lecavalier - Schenn
Simmonds - Couts - Read
McGinn - Talbot - Raffl

really..just having JVR bumps everybody into a perfect spot

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
carter for voracek/couterier - i would do this move over and over again

richards for simmonds/schenn/cousins - i am still upset at this trade, just for the fact that it was made to sign bryz when LA had a formidable goalie in bernier or quick that should have been a part of the deal. because we always have centers, drop the pick and schenn for one of the goalies and thats a dam good trade. at that point you would have had giroux/briere/couterier down the middle for the flyers and acquired (2) substantial upgrades at wing with voracek and simmonds. but instead we sign bryz and everything goes to hell. i am tired of the whole idea that we should carry as many centers as possible. we need to develop wing play which we have none of, and the one dude that was not a center and should have been moved to wing (Carter) they commited to the middle??!

what the hell. im ranting now, i was going to get on here and yell at you guys for being hypothetical monday morning qb's but i see how hard it is to avoid haha. one last thought...holmgren must go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carter for voracek/couterier - i would do this move over and over again

richards for simmonds/schenn/cousins - i am still upset at this trade, just for the fact that it was made to sign bryz when LA had a formidable goalie in bernier or quick that should have been a part of the deal. because we always have centers, drop the pick and schenn for one of the goalies and thats a dam good trade. at that point you would have had giroux/briere/couterier down the middle for the flyers and acquired (2) substantial upgrades at wing with voracek and simmonds. but instead we sign bryz and everything goes to hell. i am tired of the whole idea that we should carry as many centers as possible. we need to develop wing play which we have none of, and the one dude that was not a center and should have been moved to wing (Carter) they commited to the middle??!

what the hell. im ranting now, i was going to get on here and yell at you guys for being hypothetical monday morning qb's but i see how hard it is to avoid haha. one last thought...holmgren must go.

IMO bryz (and pronger :), not getting in to that today) were homer's only mistakes. and bryz was a directive from Snider so it's tough to fault him on that.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO bryz (and pronger :), not getting in to that today) were homer's only mistakes. and bryz was a directive from Snider so it's tough to fault him on that.

ha i was about to start a pronger rant and caught myself, bottom line the higher ups fell in love with him off the ice so much that they thought richards was nothing in comparison and latched on to their almost 40 dman instead of a blooming 25 year old.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw anyone who doesnt play for the Flyers currently. I could'nt care less about what any of them do. Let's focus on the team we have and win a cup this season!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw anyone who doesnt play for the Flyers currently. I could'nt care less about what any of them do. Let's focus on the team we have and win a cup this season!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being a bit facetious above, but I really do believe this team as currently constructed can not only make the playoffs, but be a serious Cup contender. It's clearly going to take some time to get there however. We know our guys can play. Read finally got it going last night. Once other guys like Giroux, Voracek, Streit, Timonen and Couturier start to contribute offensively, we're going to score three times as often as we are now and win a lot more games.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm being a bit facetious above, but I really do believe this team as currently constructed can not only make the playoffs, but be a serious Cup contender. It's clearly going to take some time to get there however. We know our guys can play. Read finally got it going last night. Once other guys like Giroux, Voracek, Streit, Timonen and Couturier start to contribute offensively, we're going to score three times as often as we are now and win a lot more games.

Cout's had some opportunities, another example of gripping the stick a little too hard I think. THey will come eventually.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cout's had some opportunities, another example of gripping the stick a little too hard I think. THey will come eventually.

Definitely. You can add Simmonds to the list as well. He already netted his first goal, but this is a guy who has been averaging 27-28 goals per 82 game season for us to this point, so 1 goal in 9 games is way below his average. If anyone can score a dirty goal to ignite the offense, it's this guy for fuck sake. And it starts on the power play. We need him wreaking havoc in front while Timonen and Streit wrist it from the point. No fancy fucking slap shots, just wrist it with traffic.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add everyone to the list. We are not a pretty goal scoring team. Enough with the extra perfect pass and shot the damn puck.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add everyone to the list. We are not a pretty goal scoring team. Enough with the extra perfect pass and shot the damn puck.

Well, once we do start scoring the dirty goals, it's going to open up more opportunities for the tic-tac-toe goals that we will score with Giroux in the mix. That's inevitable.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Berubes telling them the same thing as they were bombing it from the point last game that's how Coburn scored. It will come boys! Don't worry....