• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Tucker.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by your logic all TDs, whether receiving, Rushing, or throwing should all be worth 1 point
Oh Milk. I love you, man.
But you have no idea how my logic works.
Or vice-versa.
Any player that actually crosses the goal line does get credit for rushing or receiving a TD and is credited with 6 points (in both fantasy and real football). Yet for some reason, fantasy football decides that the QB should also be awarded the same 6 points. I am not suggesting they had nothing to do with the TD. But i think back to the TD Kelce scored in the Baltimore game in week 2. He was breaking tackles and carrying defenders with him into the endzone. That TD was all Kelce. But fantasy says, lets give Mahomes 6 points too? Crazy.
How about 4 points for the QB?
Or 3?
Or 2?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or vice-versa.
Any player that actually crosses the goal line does get credit for rushing or receiving a TD and is credited with 6 points (in both fantasy and real football). Yet for some reason, fantasy football decides that the QB should also be awarded the same 6 points. I am not suggesting they had nothing to do with the TD. But i think back to the TD Kelce scored in the Baltimore game in week 2. He was breaking tackles and carrying defenders with him into the endzone. That TD was all Kelce. But fantasy says, lets give Mahomes 6 points too? Crazy.
Or 3?
Or 2?

Same could be said for QB yards on a screen pass taken for 75 yards. Does the QB deserve three points (25=1 in most cases) for that?

TD = 6 is just too simple. Anything less seems inappropriate.

Air yards vs YAC could be a nice custom points divider, if your goal was to lower QB points.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or vice-versa.
Or 3?
Or 2?

maybe i am missing something, but i really dont get your point...

for every good run after catch, there is also, TDs that were thrown in the end zone, should the QB get more credit than the WR then??

and QBs absolutely get credit for all the TDs they throw in real football too...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised this conversation has taken off like it has.
I really dont care that deeply about fantasy scoring.
I guess the gist of my point is if even a bottom tiered QB can outscore a top tier RB or WR (or account for a third of a fantasy team's scoring), it is my opinion that QB scoring is too skewed to that position.
But i also know it probably wont change. Ever.
And i am fine with that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the gist of my point is if even a bottom tiered QB can outscore a top tier RB or WR (or account for a third of a fantasy team's scoring), it is my opinion that QB scoring is too skewed to that position.
And i am fine with that.

maybe we are agreeing just in a different way...

there were two separate points in your OP IMO...

1. QB TDs being 6 points

2. How fantasy football should be a representation of REAL football...

I was saying that Fantasy football is not a good representation, if it wants to be it needs to use more stats and use some more complicated stats...

the passing TDs being 6 points is not one i would change... as i dont see a difference between any type of TD, whether rushing Receiving or passing...

in the superflex league i do over here, QBs are scored more harshly... and other stats are used including sacks, Incomplete passes and completions... there is also a larger punishment for turnovers...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am getting this right, your point is that QBs are not included in the top scorers... but that is a silly point IMO, because if they were then they would all be on top of the list... the purpose of that list is to see the WR/RB/TEs who has the most TDs receiving or rushing...

same thing with yards, QBs get 300+ yards per game, of course they would have more all purpose yards than any NON QB...

but giving each a value is a total separate thing...

a TD is 6 points, thats why fantasy TDs are all 6 points... giving anything less or more would be totally arbitrary...

arbitrary is fine if thats the way you want to go... but dont expect arbitrary to ever be standard...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i am fine with that.
well the QB scoring "equalizer" isn't in a position v position analysis, it's in the position scarcity. Yes a QB will generally outscore virtually everyone else, but, virtually ALL the Qb's will do so. So the playing field is somewhat leveled across the league.

I always rationalize it like this- The QB is, without question, the most important player on the field for his team, therefore, I'm ok with the QB being the highest scoring players in fantasy.

In my ideal fantasy land, fantasy scoring mirrors, as closely as possible, reality. And not necessarily just in such a way that each and every yard is scored, but that in the things that matter, things that result in W's and L's for real teams, are reflected in fantasy scoring. the bigger the play, the more game changing a play, the more fantasy points (my league scoring? Tucker got 25 points for that kick, because, by gawd, it was worth it). And QB's do have the biggest impact as to whether their teams win or lose. Just is what it is.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy breaks an NFL record...wins in an NFL game in the process, proving the positions relevance in real football, and by extension, in fantasy, and you take that opportunity to call for their elimination? The timing is off bro. You call for eliminating the kickers when they miss 4FG's and score negative.

Kidding aside though, it was the single most interesting and talked about play of week 3..except MAYBE Praters miss and subsequent return, which if anyone was unfortunate enough to start the Jags' D, I hope they were handsomely rewarded as well.

I tell ya what is ridiculous and needs to go though. Performances like Cole Beasley getting 20 ppr points without a score or breaking 100 yds.
Harris had 28 PPR and no score.............14 catches..............that's why I try to stay away from PPR.................

But the guise that work fer me talked me into a PPR league this season..........I took Harris at the back end of round 2..........lol

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris had 28 PPR and no score.............14 catches..............that's why I try to stay away from PPR.................

But the guise that work fer me talked me into a PPR league this season..........I took Harris at the back end of round 2..........lol
True, but he did have 140+ all purpose yards to go with those 14 catches at least.

But agreed, it's why I've always pretty much strayed away as well. .5 ppr, for me, is much easier to get behind

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he did have 140+ all purpose yards to go with those 14 catches at least.

But agreed, it's why I've always pretty much strayed away as well. .5 ppr, for me, is much easier to get behind
Yeah, it was a $25 buy in, figured I might as well take their money....................I'm 1-2 with a kick ass looking standard team..........lol.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tiered PPR
0.25pts for rec under 5yds
0.5 for 6 - 10yds
1pt for 11+ yds

reward the tougher catches, even if its a short pass with YAC
interesting Smoke but they are be rewarded for the yardage already

i do like the breakdown though

as far as i have seen over the years it took a bit of time for PPR to be the standard and now 1/2 PPR could start to take hold

i do believe that the simple choice of 1/2 PPR may very well be the way to go...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey better than @averagejoe im pretty much behind most of your logic here

however i will never compare QB scoring to other positions

imho if they score more or less it does not matter what matters is how did your Qb score compared to mine...or your opponent's QB

further i too am ok for lowering the passing Td point value but not to balance the potential scoring diff between positions --rather to put an emphasis on the choice you make in which Qb you might want to have...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff already has no fantasy value, you take away his check downs and what do you have!!!!!!

We should give Goff a point per completion.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tiered PPR
0.5 for 6 - 10yds
1pt for 11+ yds

Any reception that is no gain or loses yards shouldn't get a PPR, IMO, because it wasn't a positive play for the offense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tiered PPR
0.5 for 6 - 10yds
1pt for 11+ yds

I like this idea.

I guess my thought process was more in line with the way the NFL measures player positions.

RB, WR and TE are fine with receptions, yards and TD.
For the QB, they measure yards, completions and QB rating. Why not score these for the QB?
I know this will upset many, but if you score QB yards, completions and ratings, then passing TD can be counted for a couple of points (2).

If i am alone on this island so be it. But i feel it would accurately separate the upper tiered QB from the lower tiered.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This difference in opinions on scoring is exactly why sites like Fantrax, ESPN, etc have over-taken CBS and the like, given their ability to customize. If you disagree with the 'standard' setup it's easy to start your own league with the scoring as you desire - surely you'll find 11 other that feel the same way. .... That is why I'm only in 1 league with DST's - I personally loathe the concept. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I'm only in 1 league with DST's - I personally loathe the concept. ....

Same, I'm down to 1 redraft and MBBRL, rest IDP, makes so much more sense than dst, different strategy.

The league I convinced to switch this yr seems to like it, I'm going to push for 6 starting idp spots next yr