• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Tucker.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a beast. He's also my fantasy kicker. I just acquired him this week. Somebody in my league dropped him. I don't understand that either. I put in a waiver claim for him and got him. In my league kickers get rewarded extensively. Tucker got me 22 points today...10 on one kick.

39-under = 3
40-49 = 4
50-59 = 5
60-64 = 6
65+ = 10

Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. only give FGs a max of 5. On FleaFlicker you can customize much more than that. I love it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a beast. He's also my fantasy kicker. I just acquired him this week. Somebody in my league dropped him. I don't understand that either. I put in a waiver claim for him and got him. In my league kickers get rewarded extensively. Tucker got me 22 points today...10 on one kick.

39-under = 3
40-49 = 4
50-59 = 5
60-64 = 6
65+ = 10

Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. only give FGs a max of 5. On FleaFlicker you can customize much more than that. I love it.

That's cool. He deserves way more than 5 points for that.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I try and get him in every league (always have) even going a RD earlier than the traditional 'take your kicker last' thinking. Hard to imagine someone dropping him, especially with the state of BAL running game this yr. There will be more opportunities than in the past. Nice pickup.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of kickers in fantasy!

Lol at giving kickers 10 points for a kick.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be more inclined to get rid of DST's - - it's stupid, every other position is based on individual performance.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy breaks an NFL record...wins in an NFL game in the process, proving the positions relevance in real football, and by extension, in fantasy, and you take that opportunity to call for their elimination? The timing is off bro. You call for eliminating the kickers when they miss 4FG's and score negative.

Kidding aside though, it was the single most interesting and talked about play of week 3..except MAYBE Praters miss and subsequent return, which if anyone was unfortunate enough to start the Jags' D, I hope they were handsomely rewarded as well.

I tell ya what is ridiculous and needs to go though. Performances like Cole Beasley getting 20 ppr points without a score or breaking 100 yds.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy breaks an NFL record...wins in an NFL game in the process, proving the positions relevance in real football, and by extension, in fantasy, and you take that opportunity to call for their elimination? The timing is off bro. You call for eliminating the kickers when they miss 4FG's and score negative.

Kidding aside though, it was the single most interesting and talked about play of week 3..except MAYBE Praters miss and subsequent return, which if anyone was unfortunate enough to start the Jags' D, I hope they were handsomely rewarded as well.

I tell ya what is ridiculous and needs to go though. Performances like Cole Beasley getting 20 ppr points without a score or breaking 100 yds.

It does seem stupid when a player gets a catch for no gain, but it results in a fantasy point.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I try and get him in every league (always have) even going a RD earlier than the traditional 'take your kicker last' thinking. Hard to imagine someone dropping him, especially with the state of BAL running game this yr. There will be more opportunities than in the past. Nice pickup.

I never get Tucker. I'd love to have him, but I always wait until the end to pick a kicker and I usually plan on dropping my kicker during his bye week. If I had Tucker, I'd be stuck holding him during his bye. LOL. But then again, I'm very happy with Carlson. He's looking so good, I might hold him through his bye.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem stupid when a player gets a catch for no gain, but it results in a fantasy point.

Personally, i like 1/2 PRR with 1/2 points per first down... i think that is the best way to do it.. and it is becoming more popular... but what is great about it is that it doesnt give receiving backs a significant advantage over the non receiving backs...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with kickers in fantasy is that there stats are not based on their skills or talent... it is based on the opportunities given to them... sure, all positions are based on opportunities... but not to the same extent...

you are basically predicting team game script over actual kicker...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve had Prater everywhere for many years. I like his boot and his dome homes.

Bease was dinking and dunking yesterday for sure. Manny Sanders is getting accustomed now too. Bease should have lots of room between the hashes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff already has no fantasy value, you take away his check downs and what do you have!!!!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with kickers in fantasy is that there stats are not based on their skills or talent... it is based on the opportunities given to them... sure, all positions are based on opportunities... but not to the same extent...

you are basically predicting team game script over actual kicker...

Disagree. Every positions relies heavily on scheme. Kicker talents are talents just the same. That’s why not all teams have the advantage to make 60+ yard kicks… some not even 50+.

O lines effect QB/RB more than game script effects kickers.
WR are only as good as their targets.

Kickers, actually, are truly the only individual faction. As FG blocking is nothing like pass pro or run blocking.

There’s a foot, a ball, and the uprights.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Every positions relies heavily on scheme. Kicker talents are talents just the same. That’s why not all teams have the advantage to make 60+ yard kicks… some not even 50+.

O lines effect QB/RB more than game script effects kickers.
WR are only as good as their targets.

Kickers, actually, are truly the only individual faction. As FG blocking is nothing like pass pro or run blocking.

There’s a foot, a ball, and the uprights.

yes, every position relies on scheme or skill players around you... but at least it is somewhat predictable... Kicking is not predictable at all... you can bet on the better kickers, the ones who miss less... but doesnt matter if all they are kicking is extra points...

also these extra long ones 50+, are not kicked until either a teams needs the points, or they are running out of time...

Would love to see a stat that shows the LONGEST FG that did not end a half or a game... not sure if i can even find that...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, every position relies on scheme or skill players around you... but at least it is somewhat predictable... Kicking is not predictable at all... you can bet on the better kickers, the ones who miss less... but doesnt matter if all they are kicking is extra points...

also these extra long ones 50+, are not kicked until either a teams needs the points, or they are running out of time...

Would love to see a stat that shows the LONGEST FG that did not end a half or a game... not sure if i can even find that...

Watch the Bills seasons of Lindell, gradually and eventually fully, losing his leg.
Plenty of examples.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, i like 1/2 PRR with 1/2 points per first down... i think that is the best way to do it.. and it is becoming more popular... but what is great about it is that it doesnt give receiving backs a significant advantage over the non receiving backs...
we used to play full PPR, but some would get plenty points & 36 yards. So we switched to .5 PPR but if break 100 yds (actually every 100 yds) get 5 bonus points which makes up for the loss if you get the yards.
So it sucks when I have a player at 97 yds LOL

As far as kickers
1-39 yds = 3
40-49 = 4
50+ = 5
any missed = -3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are airing our fantasy laundry...

Fantasy football is supposed to be an extension of real football. In real football, coaches talk about the 3 phases - offense, defense and special teams. Kickers are part of special teams.

How about rewarding kick and punt return yardage? (I'm in a league that does that.)

You want to talk about ridiculous? How about the scoring assigned to QB. 6 points for throwing a TD? They did not score or catch the TD. If you search on real NFL scoring leaders, you wont find a QB.
:2cents:
:trash:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are airing our fantasy laundry...

Fantasy football is supposed to be an extension of real football. In real football, coaches talk about the 3 phases - offense, defense and special teams. Kickers are part of special teams.

How about rewarding kick and punt return yardage? (I'm in a league that does that.)

You want to talk about ridiculous? How about the scoring assigned to QB. 6 points for throwing a TD? They did not score or catch the TD. If you search on real NFL scoring leaders, you wont find a QB.
:2cents:
:trash:

i dont follow your gripe about 6 points TD passes... the leaderboards dont assign points at all to TDs they just tally them up... a player with 12 TDs doesnt get 72 points, they just had 12 TDs... so, by your logic all TDs, whether receiving, Rushing, or throwing should all be worth 1 point...

also, i think it is a fallacy that fantasy is a an extension to real football... if it was then we would be using more stats and more complicated stats than just PPR, TDs, and yards...

i mean, how often do we hear that the best players are not necessarily the best fantasy players??

if anything fantasy sports is ONLY an extension to SPORTS gambling...