• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields QB Study

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Getsy doesn't pull a Nagy and break away from this game plan?!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Getsy doesn't pull a Nagy and break away from this game plan?!
If anything, I've felt Getsy has been a bit overly cautious, at least until last night. I've been wanting him to open up the playbook a little more, spread the offense out a bit more. Now like you, I also don't want him to go full Nagy and try and come up with wacked out formations and plays. But he has a very mobile QB back there, along with some versatility in his RB and WR corps. Keep the opposing defenses on their toes.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Poles invests in JF and gets him some help next year. This offense improves every week but try to name 1 pro bowler on O?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt want to start a new thread....

Heard on ESPN1000 this morning, Fanduel has odds of Justin Fields passing TD for the season at 17.5
(He threw for 17 last year.)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heard on ESPN1000 this morning, Fanduel has odds of Justin Fields passing TD for the season at 17.5
I'd be taking the over, no questions asked. Aside from injuries that might otherwise keep Fields out of the lineup for an extended period of time, I don't see any way how he doesn't easily get past that. I'm thinking somewhere in the 24-25 range, something along those lines.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be taking the over, no questions asked. Aside from injuries that might otherwise keep Fields out of the lineup for an extended period of time, I don't see any way how he doesn't easily get past that. I'm thinking somewhere in the 24-25 range, something along those lines.
Me too.
Just makes me wonder since thats the current line on Justin, doesnt seem like the oddsmakers see little to no improvement for 2023.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take the bet........

Seems very low to me.......

LSD is probably right with his prediction......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to quantify my Justin Fields expectations into a phrase it would be "The next coming with a side of Trubisky."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoo doggie - JF just made himself a super bold (no, not super bowl) prediction:

The last sentence from the article kinda hints at this writer's prediction:

Every team is bullish about its prospects during this time of year but for an organization that is still trying to figure out the forward pass 117 years after it was legalized, Fields might want to pump the brakes.

Discuss.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoo doggie - JF just made himself a super bold (no, not super bowl) prediction:

The last sentence from the article kinda hints at this writer's prediction:

Every team is bullish about its prospects during this time of year but for an organization that is still trying to figure out the forward pass 117 years after it was legalized, Fields might want to pump the brakes.

Discuss.
4K isn't overly impressive these days. Especially with the 17 game schedule.

If he stays healthy, he should do it. Even if his season isn't all that spectacular. That being said - I wouldn't be surprised if JF winds up missing at least a couple of games per season due to his play style.

Which makes it unfortunate that we have PJ Walker as our backup. Oof.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4K isn't overly impressive these days. Especially with the 17 game schedule.

If he stays healthy, he should do it. Even if his season isn't all that spectacular. That being said - I wouldn't be surprised if JF winds up missing at least a couple of games per season due to his play style.

Which makes it unfortunate that we have PJ Walker as our backup. Oof.
While I agree that the 4k passing mark isn't the magic number it use to be, we still have to recognize that even in this pass happy era and taking into account the extra game added to the schedule, not a high percentage of QBs reach that lofty mark each year. For instance last season only 9 QBs cracked it, altho we should probably include a 10th, Jalen Hurts, who missed two games yet only fell short by 299 yards. He almost undoubtedly would have busted thru had he played in those other two games.

I won't rule out by any stretch the possibility that JF can crack the 4k mark, but it would likely be at the expense of the running game. I truly believe our offense will be greatly improved and in fact it will dominate in comparison to our defensive numbers. Still, I find it all but impossible to believe the Bears will run for more than 3k yards as they did last year AND pass for 4k. The SB champ Chiefs were the only team in the NFL to muster more than 7k yards of offense and they barely did that. So something has to give. I'm more inclined to think Fields will end up somewhere in the mid-high 3k when it's all said and done. Give me 2.5-2.7k yards on the ground as well and suddenly we're talking a very potent offense here.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that the 4k passing mark isn't the magic number it use to be, we still have to recognize that even in this pass happy era and taking into account the extra game added to the schedule, not a high percentage of QBs reach that lofty mark each year. For instance last season only 9 QBs cracked it, altho we should probably include a 10th, Jalen Hurts, who missed two games yet only fell short by 299 yards. He almost undoubtedly would have busted thru had he played in those other two games.

I won't rule out by any stretch the possibility that JF can crack the 4k mark, but it would likely be at the expense of the running game. I truly believe our offense will be greatly improved and in fact it will dominate in comparison to our defensive numbers. Still, I find it all but impossible to believe the Bears will run for more than 3k yards as they did last year AND pass for 4k. The SB champ Chiefs were the only team in the NFL to muster more than 7k yards of offense and they barely did that. So something has to give. I'm more inclined to think Fields will end up somewhere in the mid-high 3k when it's all said and done. Give me 2.5-2.7k yards on the ground as well and suddenly we're talking a very potent offense here.

Nice input LSD.......

Myself,I just dont think its gonna happen,I just hope he gets around the 3500 yd mark........if he gets to that 3500 mark,Id bet hes guaranteed a new contract,if not and he doesnt hit 3k,we maybe looking elsewhere in 24......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice input LSD.......

Myself,I just dont think its gonna happen,I just hope he gets around the 3500 yd mark........if he gets to that 3500 mark,Id bet hes guaranteed a new contract,if not and he doesnt hit 3k,we maybe looking elsewhere in 24......
Outside of any injuries that would really cut into his overall numbers, I completely agree that anything short of 3000 yards passing would likely cause Poles to reevaluate our QB situation and likely have him drafting another QB in '24. Even 3k as a benchmark is being generous in excusing Fields. But like any true homer, I believe he'll surpass that by a decent margin. Maybe not 4k, but he should definitely hit for greater numbers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe too much is being read into this? Perhaps JF was merely hinting that the scheme of the 2023 Bears will now be focused on throwing it (as opposed to running the ball).

Only 9 teams passed for over 4K last year. So teams can make the playoffs with less.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe too much is being read into this? Perhaps JF was merely hinting that the scheme of the 2023 Bears will now be focused on throwing it (as opposed to running the ball).

Only 9 teams passed for over 4K last year. So teams can make the playoffs with less.
Agreed, I'm more interested in the total yardage our offense produces rather than just going by the passing yards. We have to remember that this is still a run-based offense. I believe I said a week or so back that a realistic, achievable goal for us this season should be around 6,000 yards, with any additional yardage gained beyond that considered gravy. Give us 6500 yards and we'll have the makings of a pretty strong O.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah yeah...Show me don't tell me.