• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just the facts Maam!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Mr Dowd?

Mr. Dowd is listed in Who's Who in America and has been recognized for more than 10 years in The Best Lawyers in America.

Some of you may be old enough to remember him for this,

Mr. Dowd has also served as special counsel to three commissioners of Major League Baseball in the investigations of Pete Rose, a team owner and others. Welcome to DowdReport.com

Not exactly a Patriots homer now is he?:nod:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bring up dowd ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. @DirtDirtDirt said he was "94 or something" and hes too old to matter (thats a true story).

ive mentioned him in like 45 threads. no ones man enough to address what he says. it just make the window lickers pete rose comparisons hilarious.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bring up dowd ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. @DirtDirtDirt said he was "94 or something" and hes too old to matter (thats a true story).

ive mentioned him in like 45 threads. no ones man enough to address what he says. it just make the window lickers pete rose comparisons hilarious.

I know you have, just wanted to post his website about the topic.

And of course someone complains about his age, he's 74 not 94, as if that somehow changes the facts.:pound:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has shifted judgments and sentencing before, when he senses the outcome could do potential damage to his reputation. “First he gave Ray Rice a two-game suspension for slugging his wife, when he thought no one was watching. When it turned out the world was watching, he suddenly accused Rice of lying to him and declared an indefinite suspension. A federal judge overturned him, finding Goodell not credible. You see the same pattern here. Brady’s phone was unimportant — until it was important because Goodell needed it to be to rescue his prestige.”

:nono:

This whole circus will only have been worth it if Goodell steps down at the end of it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has shifted judgments and sentencing before, when he senses the outcome could do potential damage to his reputation. “First he gave Ray Rice a two-game suspension for slugging his wife, when he thought no one was watching. When it turned out the world was watching, he suddenly accused Rice of lying to him and declared an indefinite suspension. A federal judge overturned him, finding Goodell not credible. You see the same pattern here. Brady’s phone was unimportant — until it was important because Goodell needed it to be to rescue his prestige.”

This whole circus will only have been worth it if Goodell steps down at the end of it.
i heard he eventually wants to run for office of some kind too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard he eventually wants to run for office of some kind too.

That makes his douchebaggery a little bit more understandable. He's completely disconnected from reality.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes his douchebaggery a little bit more understandable. He's completely disconnected from reality.
it just amazes me that people still think this is about air in a football. its kinda sad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think that will change? Do you really think the NFL Owners who are making big time money right now are then going to go out and hire somebody completely different than what Goodell has been? The problem is not in the person. The problem is in the CBA and how it is set up and not really having the checks and balances that you need in such a unique system. The problem is in not having a more clear rule book on punishments for all situations. What the league needs to do is sit down with the NFLPA and come to an agreement on a variety of scenarios so that they can lean upon that when something goes down instead of having so much in the gray area and leaving the decision essentially up to one man or a small group that pretty much are yes men to the main guy.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So my question to you is: Why do you bother to spend so much energy on defending this issue? Nobody, including yourself, knows what the outcome will be in the end so why not just wait until the court renders their decision instead of trying to convince the entire message board that you think you know what will happen?

Honestly, I get that its a topic for discussion but the amount of time you've spent debating people on something that may or may not go your way is astounding to me. You must have a lot of free time.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my question to you is: Why do you bother to spend so much energy on defending this issue? Nobody, including yourself, knows what the outcome will be in the end so why not just wait until the court renders their decision instead of trying to convince the entire message board that you think you know what will happen?

Honestly, I get that its a topic for discussion but the amount of time you've spent debating people on something that may or may not go your way is astounding to me. You must have a lot of free time.
im at my job for 10+ hours a day, staring at 3 monitors. it kills down time between issues.

and i try end educate people...i emphasize "try".

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think that will change? Do you really think the NFL Owners who are making big time money right now are then going to go out and hire somebody completely different than what Goodell has been? The problem is not in the person. The problem is in the CBA and how it is set up and not really having the checks and balances that you need in such a unique system. The problem is in not having a more clear rule book on punishments for all situations. What the league needs to do is sit down with the NFLPA and come to an agreement on a variety of scenarios so that they can lean upon that when something goes down instead of having so much in the gray area and leaving the decision essentially up to one man or a small group that pretty much are yes men to the main guy.

If Goodell had his head on straight and wasn't a scumbag. If he had conviction and could express his reasons coherently and consistently, then he would be fully capable of doing the job. Hopefully the next guy would possess at least some of the many qualities that Goodell is without.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im at my job for 10+ hours a day, staring at 3 monitors. it kills down time between issues.

and i try end educate people...i emphasize "try".

Fair enough. I do a lot of my posting at work too. Shhhhhh, don't tell the boss. :nono:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I do a lot of my posting at work too. Shhhhhh, don't tell the boss. :nono:
half the people here are on facebook all day. my monitors all face me, so it looks like im hard at work ;)

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here. Ironically enough today I'm writing a report for a field investigation/inpsection of a project in tgann's hometown.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"worst labor deal in history" is being thrown around.

the players really fucked themselves.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goodell had his head on straight and wasn't a scumbag. If he had conviction and could express his reasons coherently and consistently, then he would be fully capable of doing the job. Hopefully the next guy would possess at least some of the many qualities that Goodell is without.

Well to me the league is just going to hire another guy just like Goodell. Pretty much since Goodell has been in office the league has never been more popular. Heck a stupid preseason game had more viewers than the game clinching win in the Stanley Cup. So I think the owners (most of them at least) are happy with what Goodell has done. He is hired first and foremost to make sure the league continues to make them money and in that he has succeeded greatly at his job.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to me the league is just going to hire another guy just like Goodell. Pretty much since Goodell has been in office the league has never been more popular. Heck a stupid preseason game had more viewers than the game clinching win in the Stanley Cup. So I think the owners (most of them at least) are happy with what Goodell has done. He is hired first and foremost to make sure the league continues to make them money and in that he has succeeded greatly at his job.

RG has had very little to do with the league making money. In fact Kraft has more to do with it than anyone. He also happens to be the person that got the last CBA solved, you now, something that happens to actually be RG's job but couldn't get it done.

RG is a moron. And the NFL saw increasing revenue with each commish they have had.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fantasy football makes the league money and Goodell has nothing to do with that. Chicks are playing fantasy football these days. Gambling too. Both gambling and fantasy football have grown greatly over the last decade. Goodell didn't invent even one of the many technologies that is enabling it. I would expect most owners to be able to see the difference.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG has had very little to do with the league making money. In fact Kraft has more to do with it than anyone. He also happens to be the person that got the last CBA solved, you now, something that happens to actually be RG's job but couldn't get it done.

RG is a moron. And the NFL saw increasing revenue with each commish they have had.

I'm not saying others haven't been a part of the league making money but to think that RG had nothing to do with all of that is ridiculous. When it comes to the CBA agreement RG was doing what the owners wanted. Yes Kraft came in and helped seal the deal but there is a reason that right after everybody was saying the Owners won out huge in this deal and that was because RG held his ground against the players. He played chicken and won big for the owners. Wouldn't surprise me if RG and Kraft played a little good cop/bad cop in that situation to try and get the deal done.

AS for the revenue increasing yes you are right it has increased but not like we have seen under RG. The economy went in the crapper yet the NFL grew like crazy when most other businesses were going downhill in a hurry. He has helped to increase viewership not only in the US but overseas they are selling out every overseas game in a matter of hours after the tickets have been released. HE has helped take the NFL international.