• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just not our series....

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals tie the game with 2 bloopers and a groundout. And its hard to hit hrs in the postseason which is how we score. Maybe if we had Machado, Wieters, and Davis here we would have a better shot. But all of the lucky breaks are going against us. It was a good year guys, no team is beating a team this lucky.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we had Machado, Wieters, and Davis here we would have a better shot.

Agreed on Machado and Wieters... I'm not sure about Davis given his performance in the regular reason, though.

(Side note: I would seriously consider pinch-hitting for Jones and Pearce in the 9th inning if I were Buck. After all, there's nothing to lose when they're on a cold streak...)

Last edited by a moderator:

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was clearly wrong during the season (I stopped posting in mid June), when I said the O's were no better than a .500 ballclub. They had a great season. They just got better and better after the All Star Game. Their starting pitching really picked it up a notch, and the BP did one hell of a job.

That being said, it looks like they are not only going to lose the ALCS, they are going to get swept. On paper the O's seem to be the better team by far, but clearly the Royals have more heart, and a far greater desire to compete and win.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post often and know this may be naive, but I haven't quit yet.

10-16-2004 Red Sox lost 19-8 to Yankees to go down 3-0. Won the next 4 and World Series. Orioles have won 4 games straight 7 different times during the season. It won't be easy but I am not giving up on the Orioles yet. IF!!! they do lose nothing but pride for the team and the city I love so much

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 6 pitches to Aoki, Hosmer, and Billy Butler in that deciding 6th inning were inside fastballs. Not sure what was the game plan there.

But it looked like they were never going to score that 2nd run tonight.
Oh well, at least they played 4 playoff games at home and got the extra $$$ to extend Hardy.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought KG would come in and get Butler and maybe get out of it, but it wasn't to be as the series hasn't despite being competitive. If they can just find a way to get a lead early and get to the bp like KC has, even though our guys have been shaky. One more opportunity at least to stay alive. Either way its been a solid season considering everything. Keep the faith!:nod:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys no matter what manny and davis is the big misses . that play with pearce at first later scored 3 runs davis would've made that play . ryan cost us with the glove also . the good part is that kg has stepped up his game . i hope bundy is a full go next year . we need to sign miller for closer and put britton back in the rotation . tillman , britton , kg , chen and bundy looks awful good to me . bud and gonzo to the pen .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw the way the no class of the royals makes me say go national league . dyson is so funny running his mouth and all he is a pr that isn't a very good hitter .

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw the way the no class of the royals makes me say go national league . dyson is so funny running his mouth and all he is a pr that isn't a very good hitter .

Absolutely. Everybody likes to say that it is acceptable for KC to act the way they do after making a big play because no one picked them to make it as far as they have. I say horse shit. You can still be proud of your play and not make a huge ass of yourself.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Everybody likes to say that it is acceptable for KC to act the way they do after making a big play because no one picked them to make it as far as they have. I say horse shit. You can still be proud of your play and not make a huge ass of yourself.
gordon is a big drama queen . i think cain is a great player and would love to have him but the rest of that team . no ty other than their 7 heredia th and 8 davis inning guy .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I definitely am not a fan of the recent antics of Jarrod Dyson's trashtalk and now Guthrie's little jab with his attire in the postgame interviews, but... Dyson is very much more than a PR. Kind of a microcosm of the entire team though really in exaggerated ways.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4866&position=OF

A good deal of the team probably does seem rather obnoxious, I have to admit- Hosmer being numero uno in that regard. I would rather watch that than lifeless 90 game losers over and over though. I could see how Ventura can be supremely annoying as well... he does a little Valverdesque showboat in anticipation of a K at times, ugh. :L

Anyways, I definitely did not expect this series going 3-0, and it can easily be flipped, to 3-0 O's, so I am not counting the O's out for a second.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I definitely am not a fan of the recent antics of Jarrod Dyson's trashtalk and now Guthrie's little jab with his attire in the postgame interviews, but... Dyson is very much more than a PR. Kind of a microcosm of the entire team though really in exaggerated ways.

A good deal of the team probably does seem rather obnoxious, I have to admit- Hosmer being numero uno in that regard. I would rather watch that than lifeless 90 game losers over and over though. I could see how Ventura can be supremely annoying as well... he does a little Valverdesque showboat in anticipation of a K at times, ugh. :L

Anyways, I definitely did not expect this series going 3-0, and it can easily be flipped, to 3-0 O's, so I am not counting the O's out for a second.

You KC fans on here have been class acts. Well, except for one douchebag that just joined the Hoop a few months ago. I understand where you are coming from on the part where you would rather see them having a good time out there rather than them being 90 game losers. I get that. I would feel the same way.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is done. Kakis, Pearce and Jones just went down in order on a whopping 7 pitches in the 1st.

and the first 2 batters are on for KC in B1

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINISHED.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team might as well have not shown up to Kansas City and forfeited games 3 and 4. The offense is a complete joke right now, especially with the pitch that Jones struck out on that wasn't anywhere close to the zone. Heck, I could probably throw 3 pitches 5 feet out of the strike zone and he'd still swing at them.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 runs. We lost 4 games by a total of 6 runs. Ugh.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few sac flies from maybe being tied righr now. Solid season nonetheless, and the next step is hopefully making the WS.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few sac flies from maybe being tied righr now. Solid season nonetheless, and the next step is hopefully making the WS.

3 things I think need to happen in the offseason for the O's to have the same amount of success of this season.
1)Re sign Nelson Cruz, 2-3 years, 26-40m should get it done.
2)Re sign Andrew Miller, this one is going to be costly, but will be worth it.
3)Acquire a big LH bat.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I was going to say Hosmer has been a little more annoying than anyone with his antics. Like that celebration in game 2 for the bloop single which scored 2 runs. That was ridiculous looking. Thats a celebration you give when you hit a ball off the wall not a blooper. Also celebrating a good catch is fine but not every catch in the outfield needs the pitcher to tip his cap. Act like you've been there before even if you haven't.