• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just how troubled is this defense?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fixable communications issues or more severe? Coming into the season many thought this was an elite secondary, but now it's playing like the worst in the league.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fixable communications issues or more severe? Coming into the season many thought this was an elite secondary, but now it's playing like the worst in the league.
Maybe Gilmore isn't smart enough to figure out the Pats D? What pissed me off was yesterday when Matt Patricia was chewing them out on the sideline it appeared Gilmore wasn't interested in hearing what MP was saying.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Gilmore isn't smart enough to figure out the Pats D? What pissed me off was yesterday when Matt Patricia was chewing them out on the sideline it appeared Gilmore wasn't interested in hearing what MP was saying.

I don't get why his hand was near the faceguard since it did not appear to br pressing at it. We didn'e see the second one, I suspect it may have been the same despite Aikman claiming he saw the WR's head snap back.

Just dumb penalties without gaining any advantage in the process.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98.5 The Sports Hub read an article written a year ago by a Buffalo beat writer.

It basically said that Gilmore was a self promoting player and that during a game he threw a team mate under the bus when both of them were getting chewed out on the sideline. He said that Gilmore has never responded well to criticism and that if wanted a big contract, he'd better play a hell of a lot better.

Then Mike Felger went on to say that Belichick signed Gilmore without bringing him in for a workout or an one on one with Patricia.

The last time Belichick did this it was the Baltimore linebacker whose name I can't remember. He was gone after two years. Gilmore has $30M guaranteed and he may force Belichick to eat that guarantee.

How troubled is this defense?? There are two criteria that make a team. Mental and Physical. Mental can be fixed with the coaching staff making corrections that the team can understand and physically do. Physical can't be fixed so easily. If a player just can't physically do something, all the coaching in the world won't correct it. If it's both mental and physical, that pile of shit will not flush and the stink will remain strong and only get worse.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore also received alot of flack from his former team-mates in Buffalo after the trade, which would indicate he wasn't particularly well liked by his fellow Bills. You would think BB would vet this guy a little better before throwing $65M at his feet. Last thing this locker-room needs is another malcontent like Adalius Thomas.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98.5 The Sports Hub read an article written a year ago by a Buffalo beat writer.

It basically said that Gilmore was a self promoting player and that during a game he threw a team mate under the bus when both of them were getting chewed out on the sideline. He said that Gilmore has never responded well to criticism and that if wanted a big contract, he'd better play a hell of a lot better.

Then Mike Felger went on to say that Belichick signed Gilmore without bringing him in for a workout or an one on one with Patricia.

The last time Belichick did this it was the Baltimore linebacker whose name I can't remember. He was gone after two years. Gilmore has $30M guaranteed and he may force Belichick to eat that guarantee.

How troubled is this defense?? There are two criteria that make a team. Mental and Physical. Mental can be fixed with the coaching staff making corrections that the team can understand and physically do. Physical can't be fixed so easily. If a player just can't physically do something, all the coaching in the world won't correct it. If it's both mental and physical, that pile of shit will not flush and the stink will remain strong and only get worse.

If that’s true about signing Gilmore without bringing him, then shame on the Patriots. Granted, he probably would have aced the interview and physical. But maybe they could have seen something to give them pause and feel he isn’t the right fit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm it appears my intuition may have been right. I knew nothing about his character but something kept telling me he's a me first guy. I give him two more weeks of starting. If his play and attitude continue on this track he'll be the highest paid nickel/dime CB in the league.
I hope someone can get to him first? Wasn't he supposed be a really intelligent guy? Hmmmmm seems we have a lesser Sherman on our hands?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Gilmore sitting there getting chewed out...No fucks given. At least Butler and Rowe realize what is going on.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm it appears my intuition may have been right. I knew nothing about his character but something kept telling me he's a me first guy. I give him two more weeks of starting. If his play and attitude continue on this track he'll be the highest paid nickel/dime CB in the league.
I hope someone can get to him first? Wasn't he supposed be a really intelligent guy? Hmmmmm seems we have a lesser Sherman on our hands?
My impression from the Pats playing the Bills was he graded just higher than a bust. I didn't get the signing but assumed my impression was based on too few games watched.